Kevin Durant sweepstakes

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
They better be in on this. They have cap space and some decent pieces in jimmy, mirotic, and portis to sell him on. I know its a long shot but they better put a better effort than they did with lebron.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I'm not sure how they didn't put an effort into getting Lebron.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is not coming to the Bulls. Yall have nothing to sell him on. He wants a ship. Not to play with Jimmy Butler. If the Bulls wanted KD, they should have started tanking 3 years ago

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
yeah, Durant is leaving a team that was one win away from the finals to come to this dumpster fire

tumblr_nzz74zOglA1tepew7o1_400.gif

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
They better be in on this. They have cap space and some decent pieces in jimmy, mirotic, and portis to sell him on. I know its a long shot but they better put a better effort than they did with lebron.

I'd rather the Bulls tank ala the Sixers than to sign this choke artist

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
The most the Bulls will have with KD, is when KD's agent uses the Bulls as a smokescreen to leverage a better deal somewhere other than Chicago. Then the fans will complain for 10 years about how we almost had him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is literally 0% chance he comes here

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
The most the Bulls will have with KD, is when KD's agent uses the Bulls as a smokescreen to leverage a better deal somewhere other than Chicago. Then the fans will complain for 10 years about how we almost had him.

Bulls are the ultimate friendzone...we're basically the shoulder these guys cry on for a few days until their team or team they want to go to, call and say they'll change their ways lmao

Reactions: BNB

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No way in hell he comes here. I think he stays in OKC because, well, who else would he realistically go to that has a better chance at winning a title?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
No way in hell he comes here. I think he stays in OKC because, well, who else would he realistically go to that has a better chance at winning a title?

GS and Spurs are really interested.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls

A return to OKC has to be on the short list. But I also think a lot of that hinges on Westbrook's relationship with KD, and his intention to re-sign in 2017. Also, if we assume they have a strong player relationship, what stops Russ and KD from plotting a move that lands them both on eventual stacked teams?

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
GS and Spurs are really interested.

I don't see either getting him. San Antonio has Leonard at 3 and Alridge at 4. Fitting KD in there would be difficult. And why go to a team that you just beat? And a team that's going to lose couple of vets within the next two years.

If GS wins it without KD for the second straight year, then why would they go out of their way to get KD? They don't need him. If anything, they'll ask him to take a pretty big pay cut to sign with them. I don't think that's gonna happen, although I'm sure they'll try.

Miami is another team I see him considering, but will ultimately pass on. If Bosh stays healthy and they resign Whiteside, a lineup of Dragic, Wade, Durant, Bosh, and Whiteside would automatically make the Heat favorites in the East imo. Downsides- No bench, Wade's age/injury history, and no guarantee of Bosh ever being okay again. That's too risky of a move for KD.

Hometown Wizards? Playing with Wall and Beal would be a nice team, but are they better than the Cavs? Ehhh..

I think he signs a short term deal with OKC (maybe like 1-3 years with a player option in the last year)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
A return to OKC has to be on the short list. But I also think a lot of that hinges on Westbrook's relationship with KD, and his intention to re-sign in 2017. Also, if we assume they have a strong player relationship, what stops Russ and KD from plotting a move that lands them both on eventual stacked teams?

The rumors were that if they lost last round. He was gone. Since, he came this close with Donovan being in his first year. He is much more likely to stay. Who knows

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's definitely a possibility. I can see a scenario where KD signs a 2-year deal with a player option for the second year, then opts out when RW is a free agent, and they both go to like L.A. or something to team up with whoever they take #2 overall.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't see either getting him. San Antonio has Leonard at 3 and Alridge at 4. Fitting KD in there would be difficult. And why go to a team that you just beat? And a team that's going to lose couple of vets within the next two years.

If GS wins it without KD for the second straight year, then why would they go out of their way to get KD? They don't need him. If anything, they'll ask him to take a pretty big pay cut to sign with them. I don't think that's gonna happen, although I'm sure they'll try.

Miami is another team I see him considering, but will ultimately pass on. If Bosh stays healthy and they resign Whiteside, a lineup of Dragic, Wade, Durant, Bosh, and Whiteside would automatically make the Heat favorites in the East imo. Downsides- No bench, Wade's age/injury history, and no guarantee of Bosh ever being okay again. That's too risky of a move for KD.

Hometown Wizards? Playing with Wall and Beal would be a nice team, but are they better than the Cavs? Ehhh..

I think he signs a short term deal with OKC (maybe like 1-3 years with a player option in the last year)

I didnt see the Spurs getting Aldridge. Spurs will be there next year. GS has a bunch of decisions coming up. Bringing in Durant would make Curry, Thompson, and Durant the greatest scoring trio of all time.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
It's really interesting, OKC has been excellent at drafting talent and building from within, much like the Spurs have been. They've had the pieces in place for some time, and at some point KD might feel like it OKC just can't get it together.

Also, I don't see why any player wouldn't want to go to the Spurs, they're like the Patriots of the NBA (but in a good way).

My guess is that if he goes anywhere, it'll be the Wizards.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure how they didn't put an effort into getting Lebron.

They sent all white dudes and didn't take any bulls legends or current players. I will give them credit for melo. They did that right. They just didn't have the money to sign him.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
I understand that he might never want to come to the bulls. I would rather they try and fail than not try at all.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
It's nice to think about, sure. But KD isn't going to take the load off Derrick enough, to magically make Rose a reliable PG. Hell, KD has some reliability questions too. It's not a match anywhere but on a video game.