Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why would he leave?

Because what else does he owe to Cleveland? He's not getting any younger and neither is the rest of his team. It is a small market and the likelihood of him getting another ring as a Cav is small in my opinion.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This comment interested me, so I did a little research.

Not including meaningless preseason games and USA Basketball games(not meaningless), Lebron at the age of 31 years old, has played 46,861 minutes. Jordan at the same age played 31,575 minutes.

Now obviously Jordan played 3 seasons at UNC, had the ankle injury his second season, and was suspended for gambling, so obviously MJ's number is going to be lower. My only point being that Lebron has put on A LOT of miles on those legs. Obviously a genetic freak of nature, but my new thing going forward with Lebron is going to be how he manages his minutes during the regular season from here on out. That may have actually already started, btw, as this was his lowest MPG for the season in his career.

You really believe in the secret suspension though?

What else? James Jordan was killed by bookies?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You do realize that Ezli and Varejo went a combines 19 minutes for 1 point, 1 rebound, 1 assist, and 0 blocks. They were a combined -18 on the court. Yes, losing Bogut was big.

In 3 of his games Bogut was -21, -8, and -6. There is no guarantee he wouldn't have put up a minus -19 or worse. In fact, in the preceding games, Ezeli, Varejo, and Speights had played better than Bogut from a +- perspective except for game 2.

So you are making this quantum leap that a guy who played worse than all 3 of those guys collective leading up to game 7 would suddenly provide more value than the guys who had essentially appeared to outperform him from a +- perspective up to that point.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You almost have to wonder what would've happened last year if Irving stayed healthy. I don't think Love would have made a difference, but if Irving was healthy last season and played like he did this year, that could have been a very interesting series.

Im just happy we finally had a great game.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 3 of his games Bogut was -21, -8, and -6. There is no guarantee he wouldn't have put up a minus -19 or worse. In fact, in the preceding games, Ezeli, Varejo, and Speights had played better than Bogut from a +- perspective except for game 2.

So you are making this quantum leap that a guy who played worse than all 3 of those guys collective leading up to game 7 would suddenly provide more value than the guys who had essentially appeared to outperform him from a +- perspective up to that point.

Lol its a quantum leap that he wouldnt play better than that.

:bizarro:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lol its a quantum leap that he wouldnt play better than that.

:bizarro:

Not sure what is confusing. It's a quantum leap because he sucked from a plus/minus perspective for most of the series so it is more likely that he would continue to suck rather than turn things around. He played like 15 minutes a game. In the grand scheme of things he is not remotely close to being a big reason why the Warriors won or lost. He's filler. The Warriors win because of their small lineups not because of Bogut.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure what is confusing. It's a quantum leap because he sucked from a plus/minus perspective for most of the series so it is more likely that he would continue to suck rather than turn things around. He played like 15 minutes a game. In the grand scheme of things he is not remotely close to being a big reason why the Warriors won or lost. He's filler. The Warriors win because of their small lineups not because of Bogut.

Do you know why the death lineup worked?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What does that have to do with the fact Bogut wasn't that good this series? Again the other guys had a better plus minus than he did for most of the games this series. He is not significantly better than those other guys. At least not this series.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bogut's definitely an important player for the Warriors. I don't care what any plus minus statistic says.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bogut's definitely an important player for the Warriors. I don't care what any plus minus statistic says.

They haven't been the same team for two years when he is out.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

He is not the reason they lost and was a non factor for much of the series. Touting a guy that played 10-15 minutes as a key factor for them losing when his plus minus was pretty atrocious is funny.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
In terms of the most important players on the Warriors:

1. Curry
2. Green
3. Thompson
4. Iguodala
5. This is where you could make a case for Bogut although I might go Barnes

Using the 5th most important player going down in the 2nd half of game 5 as a major excuse is pretty lame.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In terms of the most important players on the Warriors:

1. Curry
2. Green
3. Thompson
4. Iguodala
5. This is where you could make a case for Bogut although I might go Barnes

Using the 5th most important player going down in the 2nd half of game 5 as a major excuse is pretty lame.

I feel you haven't actually read anything wrote? Everyone said its on the splash brothers, but to say Bogut didn't make a difference is laughable at best

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is not the reason they lost and was a non factor for much of the series. Touting a guy that played 10-15 minutes as a key factor for them losing when his plus minus was pretty atrocious is funny.

Yea, I know Bogut would have went 0-0-0 line for the game in 15 minutes. He really would have to shoot for the moon. The best part is the +/- is better at home. No impact. They lost by 4 , Bogut would have not have been any better than a -18 differential. They played lights out

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I feel you haven't actually read anything wrote? Everyone said its on the splash brothers, but to say Bogut didn't make a difference is laughable at best

Do you feel that the Warriors would have won if Bogut didn't go down?

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The death lineup can only work in short spurts. It doesn't work well in long periods. It's the reason it's called the death lineup. It's a burst

Yes and in the NBA finals, when the death lineup needed a break, up until game 7, the Warriors other big men were better than Bogut. Bogut had 0 points twice in the series including once at home so do you think his 1 asst and 3 rebounds in those games would make a difference in Game 7? Give me a break.

Further +- is also about D and the fact is Bogut's biggest problem in this series is that he is one of Love's better matchups. Love is exposed when the Warriors have 5 perimeter guys because he can't guard the perimeter. With Bogut, he can stay down low where his one big contribution is defensive rebounding. Bogut also can't guard him on the perimeter so it leads to more open looks for Love or if Bogut comes out to guard him, it leaves the lane open for Bron and Irving.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Iggy's back hurt the Warriors more than losing Bogut.

He shouldn't have even been on the floor in game 6. Game 7 he still wasn't full go.

I think its obvious Curry was never fully over his knee injury too. He missed shots that were falling in the regular season and I am not just talking about in the last game. The WHOLE series.

What Lebron and the Cavs did is still obviously highly impressive. To win 3 straight games against this team is incredible.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Iggy's back hurt the Warriors more than losing Bogut.

He shouldn't have even been on the floor in game 6. Game 7 he still wasn't full go.

I think its obvious Curry was never fully over his knee injury too. He missed shots that were falling in the regular season and I am not just talking about in the last game. The WHOLE series.

What Lebron and the Cavs did is still obviously highly impressive. To win 3 straight games against this team is incredible.

I don't know if we can give curry an excuse like that. He just straight up sucked. He wasn't limping or anything so there's no reason for him to miss open shots and chuck up what are even considered bad shots for him. He just shrunk in the moment, that's all. I thought after his bad performance last year he'd be a different animal but it looks like he's not the same threat in the playoffs as he is in the regular season.