Hardware Discussion Thread

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
What do you suggest for a browser if not chrome? I like chromes design but everyone mentions it's a CPU hog.

edit: Seems Firefox got overhauled. Seems promising again.

I've done updates on browser suggestions in the bar every year.

Will do another soon I guess. It's going to be a bit different this year. Chrome has its place and I use it, but I juggle 5 browsers(session management) and Chrome is not my main for a number of reasons. Chrome is one of those 5, and I'd say I use it 3rd most. I don't even use Firefox(but I do use Waterfox).

Mitchapalooza

Just got a Deathadder Elite mouse. First gaming mouse. I like it.

AussieBear

im not into the whole gaming headphones/keyboard shit.. but a gaming mouse... yeah that makes sense.. aint no going back to gaming without one now..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i used firefox for years but when i built this new pc with windows 10 firefox wouldnt run properly so i switched to chrome. its not a cpu hog or ram hog imo. it might have been in the past, but i regularly have dozens of tabs open and cpu and ram usage tops out around 50%. if you only have 8g of ram, then yea, you probably dont want dozens of tabs open though.

meanwhile i tried the new firefox and it was fully loading my cpu with just a few tabs open, slowing my system to a halt.

Mitchapalooza

im not into the whole gaming headphones/keyboard shit.. but a gaming mouse... yeah that makes sense.. aint no going back to gaming without one now..

yeah ive had a microsoft arc mouse for like 8 years lmao. I wanted a wired mouse cause after upgrading to windows 10, my mouse would lag bad. Common issue with older wireless mice with Windows 10 i guess. I love it though. Customizable DPI.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Those arc mice are so flimsy. I'm just amazed you were able to get one to last so long. But I'm the crazy guy with 20 MX518s around the house still in use(modified, sure, but still).

Mitchapalooza

Those arc mice are so flimsy. I'm just amazed you were able to get one to last so long. But I'm the crazy guy with 20 MX518s around the house still in use(modified, sure, but still).
Lol yeah they're flimsy but they work well. Surprised it lasted me 7 years

AussieBear

yeah ive had a microsoft arc mouse for like 8 years lmao. I wanted a wired mouse cause after upgrading to windows 10, my mouse would lag bad. Common issue with older wireless mice with Windows 10 i guess. I love it though. Customizable DPI.

changing dpi on the fly is nice.. eb aus had a sale last year on some mice.. they were like 50+% off.. i went in for a logitech g600, but they were sold out across the region and i came out with a g402.. the g402 is okay..decent claw grip for the cost, but i still want a g600.... i need those 20 buttons.. i see them going cheap used on ebay from time to time, so i may still get one..

Monsieur Tirets

Liked Posts:
i have a g602. it was on sale for cheap. i never had a gaming mouse before that. regular old mice work just fine. the extra buttons are nice, but actually dont get used that often since most games i play have a decent default keyboard and mouse scheme so i forget about assigning them. the main selling point was the battery life. i cant deal with wired mice, the cord is always getting in my damn way.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

How much? I love my mouse but the cord connection to the USB plug is frayed and it cuts in/out sometimes.

Mitchapalooza

How much? I love my mouse but the cord connection to the USB plug is frayed and it cuts in/out sometimes.
$50 on eBay cause it was "open box" but brand new. They're around 55-60 bucks usually. Very simple and comfortable design. Nothing too flashy like the mice with 20 buttons.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Nothing too flashy like the mice with 20 buttons.

What I find funny, is that when I see users with these bulky mice, they also use 60 or 75% keyboards with them. I understand if you never use the numpad and get tenkeyless, but getting rid of certain function rows and then assigning 9-12 additional buttons to niche functions? Meh, whatever floats your boat I guess.

Mitchapalooza

It's funny. Looked online for countless answers to no avail. My wireless adapter (netgear a6210) isn't recognised (code 10) whenever my pc restarts or when I wake it after it falls asleep. All I do is unplug it and plug it back in and it's fine. But it's annoying as fuck. And odd. Started with when I upgraded to Windows 10.

Drivers are updated. Also gives me a code 43.

edit: Switching USB ports and downgrading drivers seemed to fix it, weird.

Last edited by a moderator:

AussieBear

What I find funny, is that when I see users with these bulky mice, they also use 60 or 75% keyboards with them. I understand if you never use the numpad and get tenkeyless, but getting rid of certain function rows and then assigning 9-12 additional buttons to niche functions? Meh, whatever floats your boat I guess.

i need moar buttuns...