James Shields heading to White Sox in trade

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Solid outing for Shields. That makes two solid outings in a row. Getting him on track would be a great help to the Sox going forward.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Site is very slow today. ARes must be fucking things up once again:(

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Normally I would agree with you, but I think the desperation to get Shields a good experience and a positive note led the decision. I agree. He has had a rough stretch, get him out of there with a fantastic line and we can save complete game heroics for another day.

We won the game, 5 relievers or not. And Shields got the win.

Tomorrow we play at .500, are we winners or losers? Need a bounce back from Rodon, lets go.

The relief blew the win for Rodon, but we bridged to Robertson with a lead. Tired vultures.

I'm willing to let Ventura off the hook this time if we get this game saved. No harm no foul.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm pretty tired of Gonzalez but I guess he is a 5th starter you can't complain. Lets steal a win and turn this thing over to Sale/Q

One game above 500 with those two coming, good chance we can get through the weekend a .500 club or better.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
3rd good outing in a row by Shields. Looks like the ship is again on course. Hahn made a good deal. Nice win today against the Yankees. They're now only 7 1/2 games out and absolutely in the wild-card hunt. I still like their chances to make the play-offs and if they get in, they could be formidable with their pitching staff. Nate Jones and Robertson in the pen are also a good duo for an opposing team to have to deal with in the 8th and 9th.

If only we didn't have a cheap assed owner. Come-on Reinny, let Hahn do his stuff!

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
3rd good outing in a row by Shields. Looks like the ship is again on course. Hahn made a good deal. Nice win today against the Yankees. They're now only 7 1/2 games out and absolutely in the wild-card hunt. I still like their chances to make the play-offs and if they get in, they could be formidable with their pitching staff. Nate Jones and Robertson in the pen are also a good duo for an opposing team to have to deal with in the 8th and 9th.

If only we didn't have a cheap assed owner. Come-on Reinny, let Hahn do his stuff!
I think the Sox will win the WC but they need to make a move or two first. At this point I wouldn't say " only 7.5 games out" that's not a small amount, especially considering the Indians are the hottest team in baseball right now

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the Sox will win the WC but they need to make a move or two first. At this point I wouldn't say " only 7.5 games out" that's not a small amount, especially considering the Indians are the hottest team in baseball right now

You're right but there is half of the season to go so there is a lot of time.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right but there is half of the season to go so there is a lot of time.

The Tigers are having massive pitching problems. The Royals lost some thump, some speed, and pitching plus the pitching they retained declined.
They may surge yet, but the WC has certainly opened up if the Sox chose to go all-in, I think they could take second and give a great run at WC with Houston, Jays, Orioles...

all who are having pitching problems. The problem is...those 3 teams will make trades to acquire starters, unless the Jays bow out, while the White Sox will pretend interest in a couple left handed bats and decide to acquire Jose Reyes or Howard at half his salary, apparently incapable of realizing Howard isn't worth 1/8th of his salary. headline

"White Sox acquire 6 time all-star"

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Tigers are having massive pitching problems. The Royals lost some thump, some speed, and pitching plus the pitching they retained declined.
They may surge yet, but the WC has certainly opened up if the Sox chose to go all-in, I think they could take second and give a great run at WC with Houston, Jays, Orioles...

all who are having pitching problems. The problem is...those 3 teams will make trades to acquire starters, unless the Jays bow out, while the White Sox will pretend interest in a couple left handed bats and decide to acquire Jose Reyes or Howard at half his salary, apparently incapable of realizing Howard isn't worth 1/8th of his salary. headline

Reyes is on the Mets. Please keep up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reyes is on the Mets. Please keep up.

I'm aware, but after he bats .230 and can't run I feel he will become quite attractive to the White Sox because he was formerly an all-star, and we will pay any price to pry him from the Mets just so we can sell false hope to Bridgeport.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Gonzales pitched a very good game tonight. He had good control and changed speeds well. As a fifth starter, he is okay. ROdon needs to step up. I really do question Ventura as a manager in this game. Why, with a five run lead and one out do you bring in your damn closer? To me, that was stupid and unnecessary. That was also a totally ridiculous replay of a great double play that they did. No way could they have had clear evidence to call that guy safe at 2nd base.

Anyway. Injuns lost and the Sox won another series. And so it goes.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'm aware, but after he bats .230 and can't run I feel he will become quite attractive to the White Sox because he was formerly an all-star, and we will pay any price to pry him from the Mets just so we can sell false hope to Bridgeport.

Except we were never interested in him in the first place. Now Alex Rodriguez for 2018 is something that quite possibly can happen.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I'd like to see seven solid innings from Shields today.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd like to see seven solid innings from Shields today.

We can't slide right now. Gotta get 4-5 games over .500 and build it. Stay in range. Trigger management to get that bat. Shields zeroing in would make us bullish.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Shields has really turned it around. He's pitching instead of throwing. Not caring about k's. I like what I am seeing. The offense needs a lot more consistency. Hoping that after the break we have both Austin and Justin.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Shields has really turned it around. He's pitching instead of throwing. Not caring about k's. I like what I am seeing. The offense needs a lot more consistency. Hoping that after the break we have both Austin and Justin.

hahah, yeah...the Buerle/Danks magic voodoo is doing its job. Pitching to contact....

but the concerning stat is Shields has given up more home runs in the first two innings (14) than any pitcher in baseball. He is having a hard time locating I would imagine.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

What do you think now ???