The Count becomes first Brit to win UFC gold in upset

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Michael Bisping scored a huge upset tonight beating middleweight Champ Luke Rockhold with a 1st round TKO. He becomes the first Brit to win gold in any UFC weight division. Bisping took the fight on short notice when former champ, Chris Weidman, pulled out with injury. It was The Count's first UFC title fight. Bisping has never been noted for his punching power but knocked an overconfident Rockhold down twice and Luke's lights went out after the second knock down.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Always liked Bisping glad he was finally able to get a title shot, and come through with a W

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is Brock Lesnar really going to FIGHT at ufc 200?

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not that long ago WWE was pretending the UFC didn't exist and UFC didn't want to be associated at all with guys from fake wrestling. Things sure have changed.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree sparty, I got it as either Hunt, Struve, or Duffee. With Hunt the number 1 choice

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
UFC really needs to find someone that can hold onto the belt for a while. Everyone seems to be losing within a few fights now. I miss the days of Silva and GSP.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fedor is fighting June 17th

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
UFC really needs to find someone that can hold onto the belt for a while. Everyone seems to be losing within a few fights now. I miss the days of Silva and GSP.

Silva got beaten by Bisping...albeit in controversial fashion. Bisping not the best all round fighter but a tough guy who's quite a character himself. Post fight press conference with him and Rockhold was hilarious.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Silva is a shell of his former self and that was his first fight after a long layoff due to suspension. He's pretty much done as an elite fighter but at least had a long string of title defenses.

Right now the only hope for a consistent champion appears to be Jon Jones. I don't see Bisping holding the belt for more than a fight or two and suspect Wiedman is going to take him out if that ends up being his next fight.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Silva is a shell of his former self and that was his first fight after a long layoff due to suspension. He's pretty much done as an elite fighter but at least had a long string of title defenses.

Right now the only hope for a consistent champion appears to be Jon Jones. I don't see Bisping holding the belt for more than a fight or two and suspect Wiedman is going to take him out if that ends up being his next fight.

Probably all true but I don't see it being a problem with championships changing hands often. Keeps it interesting and shows there's a good amount of competitive talent.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
I was happy for Michael Bisping when I heard he won. I wasn't a fan of him before because he talked a lot but I wanted him to beat Luke Rockhold.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Probably all true but I don't see it being a problem with championships changing hands often. Keeps it interesting and shows there's a good amount of competitive talent.

Not saying it is a problem overall. Just that my preference would be for there to be someone I could actually follow that isn't going to basically lose the title in a few fights. I am sure other people like the fact it changes hands a lot. I personally don't.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not saying it is a problem overall. Just that my preference would be for there to be someone I could actually follow that isn't going to basically lose the title in a few fights. I am sure other people like the fact it changes hands a lot. I personally don't.
As you mentioned, there's Jones. There's Demetrius Johnson, of course. There's also Lawler, who has seen some of the toughest competition in his title bouts. I believe the Russian, Nurmagomedov, is fixing to take over the Lightweight division. Had McGregor stayed with FW, rather than get sidetracked by Diaz, I felt he was solid there. The only real threat for Cruz will be TJ. Middleweights and Heavyweights will be between the top 3 fighters in each division and the current champs are not among them.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Not that long ago WWE was pretending the UFC didn't exist and UFC didn't want to be associated at all with guys from fake wrestling. Things sure have changed.

Lesnar vs Overreem 2 needs to happen

[video=youtube_share;altGsuOLycM]https://youtu.be/altGsuOLycM[/video]

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Lesnar vs Overreem 2 needs to happen

[video=youtube_share;altGsuOLycM]https://youtu.be/altGsuOLycM[/video]

No it really doesn't.... Brock vs a high level kick boxer is the worst fight he could get.

Yay get to see Brock get body kicked into oblivion again and retire.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Agree ares, overeem would put Brock back into the mountains, and we could go back cutting down trees again. Gonna pair him with someone who has a suspect ground game, so Brock can takedown and Brock smash

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Don't watch UFC but Rockhold is a douche so I'm glad he got his ass beat.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't watch UFC but Rockhold is a douche so I'm glad he got his ass beat.
I didn't think of Rockhold as a douche before the fight, but watching him at the press conference after the fight, I surely did. Bisping made him look like even more of a bitch at that conference than he did during their fight.