OT: Most underrated "great/very good" team you've seen

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That series was complete crap. Uninspiring. The only things I remember are Frank Brickowski's thug tactics, and Randy Brown jumping on the basketball at the final buzzer. Everything else is a blur.

The Bulls looked completely bored after taking a 3-0 lead and in Game 6 essentially just decided to strangle the life out of the Sonics at home to clinch.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bulls looked completely bored after taking a 3-0 lead and in Game 6 essentially just decided to strangle the life out of the Sonics at home to clinch.
I always heard the theory Jordan wanted to win on father's day, so he tanked games 4 and 5. His statline isn't really tank worthy in game 5 though.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
For me, it was the Jazz with Stockton and Malone. Also, right up there was the Philly team with Wilt always having to face up to the great Celtic teams with Russell.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
I absolutely loved watching the Magic with Penny, Shaq, Scott and Anderson.

One team I could say was not underrated because of what they had, but what they could have been was the 92-93 Nets. That team was going to be scary if it wasn't for the tragic loss of Drazen. Drazen was starting to score at will averaging 22 per game. Then you had Kenny Anderson who in just his second year was a 16/8/4 plus Coleman pulling in 20pts and 11rbs. That core was the start of a big 3 in the making. Plus they had a great mix of role players and vets like Mo Cheeks, Bernard King and Rick Mahorn.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
The Sacramento Kings in the early 2000s with Stojakovic, Divac, and Webber and them. If it weren't for Shaq's Lakers being so good the Kings would've had a couple rings themselves. They had a legit west coast rivalry there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Without looking it up, name another player on "the Philly team" besides Wilt.

He played alongside a bunch of hall of famers in Philly and IIRC, another future HOFer when they moved to the Bay. Some people should at least get one of those without google.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
That series was complete crap. Uninspiring. The only things I remember are Frank Brickowski's thug tactics, and Randy Brown jumping on the basketball at the final buzzer. Everything else is a blur.

Shawn Kemp wasnt exactly stable and didnt always try to play. They were a fun team to watch when Kemp came to play.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we are going to look back at this year's OKC. That team could probably go toe to toe with the majority of teams in history and blew the 3-1 lead.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Sacramento Kings in the early 2000s with Stojakovic, Divac, and Webber and them. If it weren't for Shaq's Lakers being so good the Kings would've had a couple rings themselves. They had a legit west coast rivalry there.

I still think that western conference finals was fixed.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Hal Greer was a very good guard. They had a good power forward in Lucious Jackson. I think that Billy Cunningham was on that team also. It was truly a good team in a very small league at the time. I don't remember the others right now.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Hal Greer was a very good guard. They had a good power forward in Lucious Jackson. I think that Billy Cunningham was on that team also. It was truly a good team in a very small league at the time. I don't remember the others right now.

Add in Chet Walker, Hall of Fame that was a great team that only won the one time.

So Bulls fans I'd go with the 1970-75 Chicago Bulls. Won 50 games, when that meant something, 5 straight years without winning the division. Finally did win the division with 47 wins. Could never get past the Lakers and Bucks in the Western Conference playoffs playoffs, lost in the conference finals to Golden State with Rick Barry, Jamal Wilkes.

Hard nosed professional starting 5

Norm Van Lier
Jerry Sloan
Clifford Ray later Nate Thurmond
Bob Love
Chet Walker

their big problem was the lack of a bench beyond Tom Boerwinkle and Bobby Weiss.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Add in Chet Walker, Hall of Fame that was a great team that only won the one time.

So Bulls fans I'd go with the 1970-75 Chicago Bulls. Won 50 games, when that meant something, 5 straight years without winning the division. Finally did win the division with 47 wins. Could never get past the Lakers and Bucks in the Western Conference playoffs playoffs, lost in the conference finals to Golden State with Rick Barry, Jamal Wilkes.

Hard nosed professional starting 5

Norm Van Lier
Jerry Sloan
Clifford Ray later Nate Thurmond
Bob Love
Chet Walker

their big problem was the lack of a bench beyond Tom Boerwinkle and Bobby Weiss.
Basically they always lost to the teams with the superstar.

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
OT: Most underrated "great/very good" team you've seen

LeBron led teams always need a scapegoat when they lose. It keeps the pressure off LeBron when he fails.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

True story. I was in college and I had some buddies that were from Cincy. One week-end we went to a Royals game against Philly. Before the game, my buddy and I went to the runway that the teams entered when going to the court. The Royals entered and this great big bear of a man Wayne Embry passed by. The guards on that team were about 6'3" or 6'4", the forwards were maybe 6'6 or 6'7". Then Philly came in .......... Lucious Jackson was a monster. Almost as big as Embry. But WILT came in and he made every damn player look like little kids. I have never been as impressed as a human specimen as Wilt Chamberlain. He dominated basketball like noone before or since.

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
True story. I was in college and I had some buddies that were from Cincy. One week-end we went to a Royals game against Philly. Before the game, my buddy and I went to the runway that the teams entered when going to the court. The Royals entered and this great big bear of a man Wayne Embry passed by. The guards on that team were about 6'3" or 6'4", the forwards were maybe 6'6 or 6'7". Then Philly came in .......... Lucious Jackson was a monster. Almost as big as Embry. But WILT came in and he made every damn player look like little kids. I have never been as impressed as a human specimen as Wilt Chamberlain. He dominated basketball like noone before or since.

78bafa603ba0e91d959a430d1815d1e7.jpg

Dude made a lot of big guys look like kids. He even made Andre the Giant look average.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
78bafa603ba0e91d959a430d1815d1e7.jpg

Dude made a lot of big guys look like kids. He even made Andre the Giant look average.

Yeah and the remarkable thing about him is how a guy that big was so athletic.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He did not make Andre the Giant look average in that picture.