NHL Draft, who should the Blackhawks Target?

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe there's a Byfuglien lurking in the late rounds some where.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Usually there are a good amount of trades at the draft and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this year there were more than usual. With the possibility of a not so friendly cap number and expansion in the near future, there may be a lot of teams looking for some relief. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Blackhawks traded someone that surprises most people simply to bite the bullet now and attempt to set themselves up for the future.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Usually there are a good amount of trades at the draft and it wouldn't surprise me one bit if this year there were more than usual. With the possibility of a not so friendly cap number and expansion in the near future, there may be a lot of teams looking for some relief. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Blackhawks traded someone that surprises most people simply to bite the bullet now and attempt to set themselves up for the future.

Trade Crow or Seabs..... maybe try to stick Bigfoot in for the ride and get back a draft pick and/or prospect?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Trade Crow or Seabs..... maybe try to stick Bigfoot in for the ride and get back a draft pick and/or prospect?

I'd be surprised if the Blackhawks were able to trade another big contract with Bickell, simply because that is a whole lot of money for another team to take on (even if the Blackhawks eat half of Bickell's cap). Thinking if they can pull off a trade involving Bickell it will take a young player/prospect and will either be for a bad contract back or a low prospect/pick.

Obviously a lot of the "core/bigger" players have NTC/NMC of sorts but it wouldn't surprise me if Crawford is a casualty of the cap. Not recommending it and I do think Crawford was the 3rd best goaltender in the NHL this year (battling for first up until his injury) but in the cap era sometimes it is necessary to trade a good player simply because of their cost...which sucks.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I'd be surprised if the Blackhawks were able to trade another big contract with Bickell, simply because that is a whole lot of money for another team to take on (even if the Blackhawks eat half of Bickell's cap). Thinking if they can pull off a trade involving Bickell it will take a young player/prospect and will either be for a bad contract back or a low prospect/pick.

Obviously a lot of the "core/bigger" players have NTC/NMC of sorts but it wouldn't surprise me if Crawford is a casualty of the cap. Not recommending it and I do think Crawford was the 3rd best goaltender in the NHL this year (battling for first up until his injury) but in the cap era sometimes it is necessary to trade a good player simply because of their cost...which sucks.

If you can find someone with cap space to burn who really needs a goalie.... I mean part of the value for us would be cap space so you could get Crow and suck up Bigfoot and not have to give us back any huge pieces.... maybe a winger with a cap hit we can absorb and a prospect.

They gotta try to get Bigfoot off our sheet.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Unfortunately all of the core has NMC's. I don't think it will be that easy to ditch Crawford. I do think though you try and keep the pieces that actually played well, so IMHO if you're going to dangle a core piece, you dangle Seabrook.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I found this flow chart for the Hawks if I can find a way to link it here I will, or send it to Ares to post in here. It was a breakdown by someone else it's pretty cool.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I found this flow chart for the Hawks if I can find a way to link it here I will, or send it to Ares to post in here. It was a breakdown by someone else it's pretty cool.

CkzPZMlUoAAuzY5

CkzPZacUkAEw9ZX

CkzPZnJUgAI9auR

CkzPZnDUgAEMi-g

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
3rd

"Wouter Peeters - G

Our super sleeper at any position in this year's draft is little seen Belgian netminder Wouter Peeters. Peeters comes from Belgium, you ask? Yes, Belgium. And yes, it’s definitely the first time Red Line has ever had a Belgian in our rankings.

He’s as raw as they come, but also highly athletic and developing quickly. Peeters has yet to turn 18 (not till July 31), yet is already in his third year with the Red Bull Academy in Salzburg. He plays for their so-called farm team, which is essentially an under-21 team made up of players from all over the globe. They don’t play in any league (!) and are essentially a traveling team.

Only in the season’s last couple of months did they play some games at home, and it was there that a posse of scouts finally went in to check out the 6-4, 205-pounder. Size, of course, is his main selling point, and although he’s up and down in terms of consistency, he has a big upside."

Copied from USA Today NHL goalie draft analysis since my link fuction does not seem to be working

Last edited:

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
4th

Lucas Carlsson - D
Nathan Noel - C

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure why the links to hockey's future aren't working. Might be because I'm posting from work and the security programs are blocking it somehow. Sorry.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Of the top 150 players/picks of this years draft we got 7 picks, not a bad, although would've been nice to have a pick in the 1st round.

Last edited:

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
5th

Mathias From - LW

Looks like they made a trade with St Louis with 144th pick

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
May have been an error on the NHL draft tracker that showed them picking back to back 143 and 144, then it changed to St Louis having the 144th pick. Haven't seen anything indicating a trade so it must have been an error on the draft tracker

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They did trade 95th pick to Rangers for 110th pick this year and 2017 6th round pick

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
6th

Blake Hillman - D