Steph Curry!

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, where does he stand with history? Dont get it twisted he isnt MJ but MJ was 6'6 200 plus pounds with more athletic ability. Curry may be 6'1 and look what he did tonight. He ran the Cavs ragged. There is only one other person in the history of the league that can compare to me and that AI. But, he was more athletic and bigger. I believe Curry is the greatest player to ever play that is straight up work ethic. I would like for some comparisons? I know Jordan worked his ass off but Im talking size. Jordan had monster hand and a 6'6 frame. Curry makes every 6 foot guy believe they have a chance.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Sometimes I wonder about a certain Pelicans fan here that likes to stir shit with Bulls fans. LOL

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think if Curry would have throat punched Lebron, I would have lol'd

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So, where does he stand with history? Dont get it twisted he isnt MJ but MJ was 6'6 200 plus pounds with more athletic ability. Curry may be 6'1 and look what he did tonight. He ran the Cavs ragged. There is only one other person in the history of the league that can compare to me and that AI. But, he was more athletic and bigger. I believe Curry is the greatest player to ever play that is straight up work ethic. I would like for some comparisons? I know Jordan worked his ass off but Im talking size. Jordan had monster hand and a 6'6 frame. Curry makes every 6 foot guy believe they have a chance.

Iverson was bigger? That dude was barely 6'0 and ~165 pounds.

Not saying he was nearly as good, but size wise, Gilbert Arenas in his prime was able to score with the best of them. He also played PG and was almost the same exact size as Curry is.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
John Stockton, Chris Paul and Steve Nash are probably the best comparisons.

I would put Gary Payton and Jason Kidd in a similar category.

None of those guys were highly gifted NBA athletes. Relied on vision, shooting, crafty ball handling and hustle.

None of them had the same success as Curry though and I think that's due to the fact that Curry is the best scorer on this list.

As far as Curry's legacy, there is still a long way to go. He would need to keep up a similar pace for at least another 3 seasons and get at least 3 rings if not 4 in total to be considered a top 10 player I think. Can you really see him getting 5 rings like Kobe and Duncan let alone 6 like MJ?

Houston

Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd say that Curry is the best small guard to ever play the game. Before him, it was Iverson who was a great player but not a great shooter. I've never seen a player get off a long shot so quickly and so accurately. It is truly uncanny. Klay Thompson is pretty unbelievable also.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I think we'll have to wait and see. He just had arguably the best single season offensively that anyone has ever had. It's hard to imagine him improving or even honestly repeating what he did this season, it was insane.

I do think being that small and fairly unathletic prevents you from doing a lot of things on the court that we see top 5 players of all time doing. Defensively he doesn't compete with the greats, MJ was always the best defender on the court, and if he was second-best, it was only to Pippen. There are facets of the game that curry can't dominate because of his size, it's unfortunate, but it's basketball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I think if Curry would have throat punched Lebron, I would have lol'd

Ha...

I wonder what words were exchanged. LeBron probably takes bigger dumps than Curry.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Over the course of a 7 game series, I'd take Jordan. If I need a guy for 1 game or one shot, I'd take Curry.

The difference in my mind being Jordan has great games more consistently because he can beat you in more ways than Curry. However, I think Curry when he is shooting well, he's the best offensive threat I've ever seen. He isaid just a little more prone to an off night because he is more of a jump shooter.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Over the course of a 7 game series, I'd take Jordan. If I need a guy for 1 game or one shot, I'd take Curry.

The difference in my mind being Jordan has great games more consistently because he can beat you in more ways than Curry. However, I think Curry when he is shooting well, he's the best offensive threat I've ever seen. He isaid just a little more prone to an off night because he is more of a jump shooter.

Well said.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Curry is more like 6'2 - 6'3

79b0d40bcb91f927fd0809a3ea4b3565.jpg

(not the greatest pic as Curry is up front but hes clearly taller than CP3 who is more in line with you're making Curry out to be)

he just has that slender body style that makes him look smaller...sorta like Nash

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Even for 1 game or 1 shot I'd still take MJ.

In regards to "one shot", I assume you mean to win the game? If so... As of March 1st, Curry is 6/19 in his career on last second shots to win or tie the game. That's 31.5%, which is actually pretty good. Over the last 10 years, that % would put him at #2 in the NBA.

The numbers that we can find for MJ's career puts him at 9/18, or 50%. In the last 5 seconds of a post-season game, MJ was 5-11 in his career, or 45%. Either way, he was clutch as fuck at the end of the game.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Even for 1 game or 1 shot I'd still take MJ.

In regards to "one shot", I assume you mean to win the game? If so... As of March 1st, Curry is 6/19 in his career on last second shots to win or tie the game. That's 31.5%, which is actually pretty good. Over the last 10 years, that % would put him at #2 in the NBA.

The numbers that we can find for MJ's career puts him at 9/18, or 50%. In the last 5 seconds of a post-season game, MJ was 5-11 in his career, or 45%. Either way, he was clutch as fuck at the end of the game.

I am not saying MJ wasn't good but you probably need to look at how many of those last second shots were 3s vs 2s. I suspect Curry takes more 3 point shots whereas MJ took more 2s. With Curry, I have full confidence in him to taking the last second shot whether his team needs 2 or 3. With Jordan, I'd be lest confident if his team needed 3. In the end though, can't really go wrong either way.

Dr.Footwear

Liked Posts:
What about Charles Barkley as a PF? He was listed at 6'6" but supposedly is closer to 6'4".

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I wonder what Hornacek might have played like if he didn't have Stockton?

Hornacek has about the same size and athleticism as Curry. Had Curry been drafted by Chris Pauls team would he ever be considered a point guard, much less the greatest one ever?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Curry is more like 6'2 - 6'3

79b0d40bcb91f927fd0809a3ea4b3565.jpg

(not the greatest pic as Curry is up front but hes clearly taller than CP3 who is more in line with you're making Curry out to be)

he just has that slender body style that makes him look smaller...sorta like Nash

I have heard him say he is 6'1. The NBA exaggerates heights. I remember Elton Brand was listed at 6'10 when he was coming out and he got measured on live TV and barely hit 6'8 with shoes on.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Curry is bigger than Iverson.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am not saying MJ wasn't good but you probably need to look at how many of those last second shots were 3s vs 2s. I suspect Curry takes more 3 point shots whereas MJ took more 2s. With Curry, I have full confidence in him to taking the last second shot whether his team needs 2 or 3. With Jordan, I'd be lest confident if his team needed 3. In the end though, can't really go wrong either way.

:dontsay: