T-Wolves interested in trading for Butler

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Why can't Jimmy be apart of that process though (assuming he still wants to be a Bull)? If Jimmy wants to be here, moving him for the #3 pick doesn't make sense.

The Bulls have some young, promising players. Mirotic still has some room to grow, McDermott took a positive step last year and became much more efficient, Bobby Portis looks like a steal and Feliciano and Holiday even showed some flashes.

The Bulls have an opportunity to add to that young group this off-season and by trading Gibson, could add even more.

You are pretty much suggesting a tanking strategy but as we have seen in Philly, that doesn't always work. Heck, you pretty much have to be a really bad team and then hope you get the ping pong balls to fall the right way so you can get the top pick. Even then, you have to hope there is a transcendent talent coming out that year to really make that pick worthwhile.

That is really a process you cannot control. The odds of those things happening are extremely slim and no matter what you think of the Bulls FO ability to bring in FA's, it's much more likely that they bring in a top FA than get that transcendent young talent. It's also something you have more control over.

Otherwise you can very well end up like teams such as the Kings who pick in the lottery every year and don't get anywhere.

I would rather the Bulls keep Butler if he wants to stay, get what you can for Rose and Gibson, be smart in FA and go into the year seeing what these young guys can do with some real court time. If a few of those young guys have solid seasons, it looks a lot more attractive to have Butler and some young promising players.

You make good points. They should only trade Butler if they get in return a young future star in return. Just giving him away to save money or get some miracle in a draft pick isn't the way to go in my book.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think they are waiting for the right offer and the thing is they have the upper hand. I think The FO wants to start fresh. If they don't get the deal they want this draft and it isn't looking good by next trade deadline you could almost guarantee a trade and get a better return and tank for a draft that is said to be The best since 2003.

You could almost see the hatred for Butler coming out of Gar's mouth yesterday. He pretty much dissed Butler with how he answered questions about whether with Rose gone, this being Butler's team. THe putz really does not know how to handle reporter's questions. I think that the Bulls are actively trying to move Butler in spite of everything that Gar and Pax have said in the past and yesterday. I think that they are very pissed at Butler because of his speaking his mind about Hoiberg and his closeness to Thibs. Can't have these kind of guys critical of management and its incompetence. They always need a fall guy to blame. First it was Thibs. Then it will be Noah. After that it will be Butler. Its the Bulls asinine way.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
You could almost see the hatred for Butler coming out of Gar's mouth yesterday. He pretty much dissed Butler with how he answered questions about whether with Rose gone, this being Butler's team. THe putz really does not know how to handle reporter's questions. I think that the Bulls are actively trying to move Butler in spite of everything that Gar and Pax have said in the past and yesterday. I think that they are very pissed at Butler because of his speaking his mind about Hoiberg and his closeness to Thibs. Can't have these kind of guys critical of management and its incompetence. They always need a fall guy to blame. First it was Thibs. Then it will be Noah. After that it will be Butler. Its the Bulls asinine way.

What was Gar saying?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Marc Stein just said there is rising optimism between the Wolves and Bulls.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Bulls now saying there is nothing to it, soooo basically Jimmy is gone

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who could have put together a better package Celtics or Timberwolves?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Mark Stien says they are in advanced talks now. Wonder what that is like. The two GMs talking with Thibs screaming obsinities towards Gar/Pax in the background.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
Mark Stien says they are in advanced talks now. Wonder what that is like. The two GMs talking with Thibs screaming obsinities towards Gar/Pax in the background.

Actually Thibs has all the leverage and he's likely using it to try and push Rubio instead of LaVine to the Bulls.

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
I saw that the wolves said no to the trade, not sure what's going on now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mitchapalooza

Ryan Baker ‏@RyanBakerMedia 11m11 minutes ago
It appears what I smelled is on point. I'm told by solid source that Jimmy Butler/T-Wolves trade talk was Thibs trying to stick it to #Bulls

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Stick it how? Celtics have been interested also

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
Saw this and think its funny. Jimmy is in the draft room while there are talks of trade. Is he pushing trade or does Thibs really want it more then us?

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
No trade. KC said talks with C's for #3 to get Dunn were more serious. Who knows what really went down but I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for a GarPax/Thibs conference call hehe.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No trade. KC said talks with C's for #3 to get Dunn were more serious. Who knows what really went down but I would've loved to have been a fly on the wall for a GarPax/Thibs conference call hehe.

Then why wouldn't a Butler for Dunn discussion still be serious?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Bulls weren't blown away by an offer and thus they didn't make a trade. I can't say that's a bad move. They still could just as easily make a trade during the season or next off-season and potentially get an even better package than today. Bulls have all the leverage in talks and are by no means backed against a wall to make a trade.