Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/1...interested-trading-jimmy-butler-chicago-bulls
The Minnesota Timberwolves are prepared to part with the No. 5 overall pick in this month's draft, as the centerpiece of a trade package, if they can use it to construct a deal for Chicago Bulls star swingman Jimmy Butler, according to league sources.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves, in these early days of the Tom Thibodeau Era, have made it known to the Bulls that they are strongly interested in dealing for Butler should Chicago elect to make him available.

The Bulls are not believed to be actively looking to move their All-Star swingman ‎but have been listening to pitches for Butler, sources said. Butler initially rose to prominence as a two-way force playing for Thibodeau, the Wolves' new coach and president.

Sources say that the Bulls naturally would demand a significant amount in return to part with Butler, which likely translates to at least one front-line player in addition to a top lottery pick this month.

The Boston Celtics, who hold the No 3 overall pick, are also known to have trade interest in Butler, while sources say that the Bulls are highly intrigued by Providence guard Kris Dunn, who is projected to be selected in the 3-to-5 range in the June 23 draft.

The No. 5 pick alone clearly wouldn't be sufficient to pry Butler from the Bulls, but Minnesota's own cache of trade assets -- given the various up-and-coming players on its roster -- would theoretically enable the Wolves to either deal with Chicago directly or assemble a multi-team trade scenario.

Signals from the Bulls and their Butler intentions, meanwhile, have been mixed. The club asked Butler to represent them on the dais at the May 17 draft lottery, but Bulls general manager Gar Forman -- after Chicago missed the playoffs -- did say shortly after the regular season ended that "we have to explore all options" when directly asked about Butler's future as a franchise cornerstone.

Butler signed a five-year deal worth in excess of $90 million last summer shortly after winning NBA Most Improved Player honors for the 2014-15 season.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Wiggins, 5th pick, 2017 first round pick.

I would also look to shop Rose for an additional first rounder + a potential starter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do we draft Buddy Hield and let him be Jimmy Lite?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wiggins, 5th pick, 2017 first round pick.

I would also look to shop Rose for an additional first rounder + a potential starter.

I don't think Rose will warrant that much in a trade but I'd like to get his arrogant ass out of town as well. It's time to rebuild.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
I don't think Rose will warrant that much in a trade but I'd like to get his arrogant ass out of town as well. It's time to rebuild.

I agree Rose isn't worth a mid to late 1st rounder. But we're talking about the NBA here. There are always desparate GMs out there looking to get fleeced.

Getting Rose's contract off the books would be huge.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Maximize Rose for all he has and trade him at the deadline.

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
Garpax are too stupid to sell high on Jimmy. Let Thibs run him into the ground for good.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Salaries don't match by just sending Wiggins. Plus, the Wolves would never do it.

More realistic scenario -

Bulls get -
- Nikola Pekovic
- Zach Lavine
- #5 pick

Wolves get -
- Jimmy Butler

Towns, Wiggins and Butler has championship written all over it down the road with Thibs at the helm. Thibs is going to get a ring.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Zach Lavine is a nice player. #5 gets the Bulls a nice player as well but probably not superstar caliber. Having to take back Pekovic to make the salaries work would be a hard pill to swallow...

All depends on if the ties between Jimmy/Hoiberg and the FO are as broken as some are making them out to be really.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
salary doesn't have have to match if the Wolves have cap space, which they will have penalty of, but i agree they would never give Wiggins for Jimmy though

i'd consider Kris Dunn+Zach LaVine

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
To make the trade even possible money wise I believe if it was centered around Wiggins and either Rubio or Pekovic. Pekovic is an expensive piece of damaged goods and I doubt anyone would take him. They have no one else to make the money work. I have a feeling Thibs might be hoping for a reunion with Rondo or going after Connely so I assume Rubio is the trade target.

I would do this:

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=zgksnbf

Colangelo should know Rubio well and they have shown interest in since the trade deadline.

Philly gets: Rubio
Minni gets: Butler
Chicago gets: Wiggins, Noel, Muhammed, #5 pick from Minni and #24 or #26 pick from Philly.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
salary doesn't have have to match if the Wolves have cap space, which they will have penalty of, but i agree they would never give Wiggins for Jimmy though

i'd consider Kris Dunn+Zach LaVine

Wiggins is the obvious choice.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Rose's trade value is basically zero at this point. He'll be lucky to get over 10 million a season when he hits the open market.

You quoted my post, I question whether you read it.

Ron Burgundy

Timberwolves, Celtics seeking trade for Bulls’ Jimmy Butler

75ce58a373872b313876d0ef6f8030c3_crop_north.jpg

The Chicago Bulls have at least two teams interested in trading for guard Jimmy Butler. According to ESPN's Chad Ford and Marc Stein, the Minnesota Timberwolves are interested in Butler and would be willing to include the fifth overall pick in the 2016 NBA Draft in a trade. *The Timberwolves are looking to reunite Butler with head coach Tom Thibodeau who the team hired in April. ESPN writes:
The Minnesota Timberwolves are prepared to part with the No. 5 overall pick in this month's draft, as the centerpiece of a trade package, if they can use it to construct a deal for Chicago Bulls star swingman Jimmy Butler, according to league sources. Sources told ESPN.com that the Wolves, in these early days of the Tom Thibodeau Era, have made it known to the Bulls that they are strongly interested in dealing for Butler should Chicago elect to make him available.​
If the Timberwolves were to acquire Butler, it would give them two young dynamic players on the wing as they already have the 2015 Rookie of the Year Andrew Wiggins. The Timberwolves have a young core and are likely one or two more pieces away from returning to the playoffs and being competitors in the Western Conference. But the Timberwolves aren't the only team interested. The report also states that the Boston Celtics would offer the number three overall pick in a package to acquire Butler. If that's the case, that package would likely be more appealing to the Bulls than what the Timberwolves could offer. https://twitter.com/CSNKevin/status/742508505932959744 However, the Bulls likely don't want to trade Butler to an Eastern Conference team. They also might not even be willing to part ways with the 26-year-old who signed a long-term deal in the offseason. If they do decide that Butler needs to be moved, they will certainly have some interesting offers.

More...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, you take the #3 and draft PG Murray Kentucky.

But only if Butler is a cancerous prick and this isn't him just having a case of the truth and the truth is the GM and coach suck.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If they trade Butler, they better get Wiggins in return not some leftover garbage. The number five pick doesn't interest me much unless they can package it with their own number 14 pick and get another starting player in return via another trade.