OFF8CIAL: Found a sucker for Bickell

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
In a league where you already have a half dozen internal capped teams who can't even afford to go to the full cap because of lacking revenue from fandoms and attendance, I don't want to add a luxury tax. The reason for so many cap hit but no or low salary trades like Hortons deal, Marc Savard, Pronger, etc... maybe this years Datsyuk deal. These help those teams out but in a league where the teams, not even because "success" but because they're owned not by a guy but by a giantic media corporation, I.E. Toronto, can just spend money easily. Yeah it doesn't equal success as it didn't for Toronto in the late 90s.

But it's a type of atmosphere that hurts the Carolina, New Jersey, Arizona, Winnipegs, and Flordia type teams to not be able to grow or get up as easily when they no longer can afford guys with success, because the success still won't bring in that gigantic revenue still. New Jersey is a pure example of that.

Still in favor of contraction as opposed to expansion.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Boo 32 is the optimal number of a 16 on playoff format

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The 23 year old TT has 17 goals 34 assists in 64 games this season. Stan traded him to get Bickell's 4 mil off the books for 1 year.

How's that trade looking now?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
The 23 year old TT has 17 goals 34 assists in 64 games this season. Stan traded him to get Bickell's 4 mil off the books for 1 year.

How's that trade looking now?

Does not matter, he probably would have been doing that for Rockford this year. Stan had a boner for AA, now he cannot trade him. Could have had TT with Kane and Panarin last year, and Schmaltz this year. Our centers could be Toews, Schmaltz, TT, Danault, all thru the Hawks system. We will watch Stans try to get this team older this off season yet again with one year wonders.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Does not matter, he probably would have been doing that for Rockford this year. Stan had a boner for AA, now he cannot trade him. Could have had TT with Kane and Panarin last year, and Schmaltz this year. Our centers could be Toews, Schmaltz, TT, Danault, all thru the Hawks system. We will watch Stans try to get this team older this off season yet again with one year wonders.

Q and Stan don't agree on players...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

No one can ever accuse me of being a Bowman apologist...I'm not a fan. But your assessment of this team is ridiculous. He's not aging this team anymore, he's trying to rebuild on the fly....of course, he's not doing a great job of it but this team is getting younger. 13 of the players in Chicago are 25 or youngers and most of the older players are part or the "core" group line Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Toews. He's stuck with them by virtue or the bad contracts that he passed out. Bickell's is another bad contract cost the team TT. Under no circumstances has Bowman done a good job....hell, probably not even a mediocre job but the one thing he has done is keep them as young as possible given the contract situation.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
teuvo strong points: Vision, positioning, defense, iq

teuvo weak points: Alligator arms at time, knocked off puck easily, tentative in the o zone on dump and chase.

I like teuvo but the kid regressed, and right now his ceiling might not be higher than motte or schmaltz in the hawks fo eyes.

goof

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
No one can ever accuse me of being a Bowman apologist...I'm not a fan. But your assessment of this team is ridiculous. He's not aging this team anymore, he's trying to rebuild on the fly....of course, he's not doing a great job of it but this team is getting younger. 13 of the players in Chicago are 25 or youngers and most of the older players are part or the "core" group line Kane, Keith, Seabrook and Toews. He's stuck with them by virtue or the bad contracts that he passed out. Bickell's is another bad contract cost the team TT. Under no circumstances has Bowman done a good job....hell, probably not even a mediocre job but the one thing he has done is keep them as young as possible given the contract situation.

My assessment is that they are stuck with these kids now. They will find a way to get older in the off season if Q is still the coach. His best deal was Panarin, either nobody knew about him or everyone knew he would be impossible to afford really quick. Kampf is another big body center that was located out there and staying on the third and fourth lines should keep him affordable. But if Rozi was healthy he would be playing with Q, instead we see Seabrook is not Rozi, but at least Rozi did not constantly turn the puck over leaving the zone.

No, they kept staying old choosing to go with guys like Richards to take less to try for a wing, then dealt Danault for Weise and Fleishman. Bringing back Ladd and putting him at wing? At that point in time, it was a huge shot for TT to get vets on his line. That did not last long.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My assessment is that they are stuck with these kids now. They will find a way to get older in the off season if Q is still the coach. His best deal was Panarin, either nobody knew about him or everyone knew he would be impossible to afford really quick. Kampf is another big body center that was located out there and staying on the third and fourth lines should keep him affordable. But if Rozi was healthy he would be playing with Q, instead we see Seabrook is not Rozi, but at least Rozi did not constantly turn the puck over leaving the zone.

No, they kept staying old choosing to go with guys like Richards to take less to try for a wing, then dealt Danault for Weise and Fleishman. Bringing back Ladd and putting him at wing? At that point in time, it was a huge shot for TT to get vets on his line. That did not last long.

Nope. Will. Not. Happen.

That was the direction they headed when the Hawks prime time players were still playing like prime time players...well, that ship has sailed. The "older" players are now what's left of the "core". The turn over has already begun. Just reading in the paper today that a Hawks beat writer felt that bringing in a top 4 dman could right the ship...I about spit out my coffee. This guy must reside in Fantasyland. Right now, there is no piece of the "core" that they wouldn't move if they ever found some sucker to take on one those contracts. They won't....so prepare for a long process.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I dont see it, I see them looking at the window closing and knowing they are stuck so they will make a push to get back in the playoffs. Fastest way for Bowmans are betterans. I dont think they truly believe anyone other than Schmaltz is destined for being a new core guy. Hartman could have been that next Shaw, but he bounced from first to fourth lines and look what Nashville gave up for him. this swiss kid might make some noise in camp, but so did Fortin and he never got here either.

I mean it makes sense that Bowmans would prefer to build their own core instead of riding the coat tails of the old regimes core, but its been quite a few years and they have not really done that. When they hit a homerun with Panarin his panties get in a bunch because they wont agree to a bridge deal to be able to afford more betterans.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LOL, I know he's not the best GM but even Bowman has to know that the window isn't closing....it's been slammed shut. He knows but more importantly, his Dad knows and Scotty has more say in what's going on than anyone might think. I mean he better be fitted for a new white cane if he doesn't see it.....13 kids 25 and under with more on the way says he does. But all those bad contracts are gonna slow the pace.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
All things.

(But especially the Teuvo trade being a bad idea)

I agree Teuvo trade was bad, real bad.

As I posted in the other thread though... idk of many, if any trades, that Stan has won.

The Vermette trade perhaps..... almost all others have sucked horribly.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Who do we have to trade to get a sucker to take seabrooks contract