OFF8CIAL: Found a sucker for Bickell

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Boo urns

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
After last season he would really need to up his game to be a top 6, still a young player but seems iffy if he can take that step, plays soft.

After last season where he spent most of the year playing with noted goal scorer Andrew fucking Desjardins? Teuvo did underperform but it's not like he had any help from his wingers.

Meaning you think he played like a top 6 player this past year or you think he was going to make that jump?

Don't get me wrong, I liked TT.... but to unload Bigfoot I can deal with it.

He was going to make that jump. I'm working to find a chart I saw recently, but Teuvo had the highest offensive output of everyone who played 1LW along with Toews and Hossa this year. Plus, they need him to make that jump because Marian Hossa is not a Top 6 player anymore (sorry Tater). Now they have the same problem they had starting the last offseason: a glaring hole in the top 6 at wing. Maybe the KHL has another sleeper talent the Hawks can nab? Because there isn't shit in the system ready to make that jump now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If this actually equals... what yall may say I'd crazy but a Ladd re-signing who if you do 1 or short deal that doesn't have a nmc making him open to he taken by Vegas next year, I'm open.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And now they can throw 5 million at Andrew Shaw. That'll solve everything!

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After last season where he spent most of the year playing with noted goal scorer Andrew fucking Desjardins? Teuvo did underperform but it's not like he had any help from his wingers.

He was going to make that jump. I'm working to find a chart I saw recently, but Teuvo had the highest offensive output of everyone who played 1LW along with Toews and Hossa this year. Plus, they need him to make that jump because Marian Hossa is not a Top 6 player anymore (sorry Tater). Now they have the same problem they had starting the last offseason: a glaring hole in the top 6 at wing. Maybe the KHL has another sleeper talent the Hawks can nab? Because there isn't shit in the system ready to make that jump now.

But they now have the wiggle room in the cap to wheel and deal and fill that void. Room that they didn't have before, because it was tied to a guy that should be scratched most nights.

You do what you have to to get yourself out of that shitty situation. As Spunky put it, this was the best possible scenario. Let's see what else the hawks do now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

The chart exists but it's rather dim because teuvo had the least time in that spot. Do yeah his per rates of corsi and points was highest. I bet panik had higher stats in that role than teuvo.

I know panik has a high points per 60 like only under Kane and Panarin.

But saying that I didn't think teuvo underperformed at all. His d effort and flexibility was very helpful

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
But they now have the wiggle room in the cap to wheel and deal and fill that void. Room that they didn't have before, because it was tied to a guy that should be scratched most nights.

You do what you have to to get yourself out of that shitty situation. As Spunky put it, this was the best possible scenario. Let's see what else the hawks do now.

I prefer to be bitter and passive aggressive... thank you very much

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And now they can throw 5 million at Andrew Shaw. That'll solve everything!

You've lost it man... don't have a patented dmeltdown

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You seem upset

I should go to the Bears forum and blow off some steam, eh?

I'm really bummed about them trading Teuvo, obviously. But I'm also worried about the Hawks constantly sacrificing young talent. In just the last year, they lost four players that could probably be young, cheap talent on the team right now in Danault, Dano, Teuvo, and Johns. At some point, young players that the Hawks draft and develop need to break through to the big club and perform or this thing is going to nosedive real, real fast.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And Andrew Shaw is a fine 3rd line grinder. But those guys tend to get overpaid on their second and third contracts. See: Bickell, Bryan.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Teuvo and Bigfoot, or Panarin and Shaw? Not hard to see why the trade was made

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I offer Shaw no more than 3.5million aav

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And Andrew Shaw is a fine 3rd line grinder. But those guys tend to get overpaid on their second and third contracts. See: Bickell, Bryan.

Come on dude... Shaw is twice the player bickell is

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
This does give the Hawks some flexibility, so I'm interested to see what Bowman does with it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I offer Shaw no more than 3.5million aav

And at least Shaw is a known quantity....Bigfoot we obviously didn't have a known quantity when we signed him.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DMelt has a point though, trading all them prospects kinda sucks

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just glad we have an OFF8CIAL thread to discuss this in.