OFF8CIAL: Found a sucker for Bickell

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:hawkstroll:

Too much money locked up on those other 2 guys especially the underperforming captain.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Come on dude... Shaw is twice the player bickell is

Now? Yeah. Because Bickell's body is falling apart. But they were largely equal when Bickell got that 4 years, $16 million deal.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I should go to the Bears forum and blow off some steam, eh?

I'm really bummed about them trading Teuvo, obviously. But I'm also worried about the Hawks constantly sacrificing young talent. In just the last year, they lost four players that could probably be young, cheap talent on the team right now in Danault, Dano, Teuvo, and Johns. At some point, young players that the Hawks draft and develop need to break through to the big club and perform or this thing is going to nosedive real, real fast.

Yes, I'm sure you could have a stimulating conversation with the board optimist...Mr Mongo

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Wow looking at it which I never did, Shaw has always averaged more icetime than Bickell each season. Bickells top was just his full season of no talent 2010-2011 team.

But if it's just Shaw being resigned it still needs to be closer to Kruger money than Bicks money.

Now they both have been playoff performers showing up, Bicks maybe more and the 1 year comments never made sense to me as he was great vs Vancouver that rookie year and one of the better players who still was able to score on Mike Smith the year before, Bicks-Bolland-Frolik for 2 post seasons was a great line. But we knew when he signed the deal he was regular season inconsistent.. damn if only it was 3 years only.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can you fix spunkys Special person spelling in the title before I rage quit this thread? There's like 19 Blackhawks forum mods, and yall don't do anything :(

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Wow looking at it which I never did, Shaw has always averaged more icetime than Bickell each season. Bickells top was just his full season of no talent 2010-2011 team.

But if it's just Shaw being resigned it still needs to be closer to Kruger money than Bicks money.

Don't get me wrong: I like Shaw and a player like him provides crucial depth to championship teams. But like you said, it needs to be in that low $3 million range.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Can you fix spunkys Special person spelling in the title before I rage quit this thread? There's like 19 Blackhawks forum mods, and yall don't do anything :(

Why would I start listening to you now?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Just glad we have an OFF8CIAL thread to discuss this in.

Dis bord don't allow no editin in da post tital. My damn autocorrect on my phone is crazy, have to proof read all the time.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dis bord don't allow no editin in da post tital. My damn autocorrect on my phone is crazy, have to proof read all the time.

It autocorrected an 8 into the title? Why you trol1ing?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Panarin turning into an NHL star plus getting Ladd back greased the skids for this deal....tough to lose a kid like TT but the cap is a bitch that forces these moves. It opens up just under $5 mill in cap space. I think they want to sign Ladd.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TT was a team player and winner, who got a bit soft over the length of his first full NHL season. I would have liked to see that guy on the Hawks when he grew into some man power 2-3 years down the road, but what kind of salary hell will we be in by that point? Do we not have the luxury to finish his development?

I liked having Pokka/Teuvo around to help each other transition. If this was a choice between Shaw/TT I think we chose very wrong for the future. I'm not sure how much future Shaw has...and its tough to balance all the ways his temperment hurts us with how much it helps. He can't really back up his agitation level, he just takes a beating. He's like a bobo doll, to release opponent aggression on so that other teams don't kill Toews/Kane.

I just don't see Shaw being able to play his game except in spurts going forward, and when he doesn't play his game, he sucks. Paying him 5 million for 4 or 5 years is detrimental to the future.

But...TT lacks the personality. The energy because he would break in those areas. His skill is legit though. top tier.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It didnt correct my finger hitting the 8 right above the i and left a misspelled word.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I hate to address the elephant in the room, but none of this helps without taking the C away from Toes.

Novak

Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I hate to address the elephant in the room, but none of this helps without taking the C away from Toes.

My thoughts exactly... but maybe this new found cap space can be used to find a real C.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well if they re-sign Ladd, Toews did joke of him taking Krugers number that he must want the Captaincy too

And according to Eklund, if Malkin were to be traded Chicago is one of the few cities he'd have open in his trade clause, let the rumor mill begin..

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we can sign Ladd instead of TT fine. But we should dump Shaw and pay 5 million for a player that can survive long term in the hard areas, there have been signs of Shaw taking weeks and months off from his game, and that isn't going to improve moving forward.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we can sign Ladd instead of TT fine. But we should dump Shaw and pay 5 million for a player that can survive long term in the hard areas, there have been signs of Shaw taking weeks and months off from his game, and that isn't going to improve moving forward.

I hear Carolina has a big LW with a wicked wrist shot.... he can hit and do board battlez.... only costs 4M.... we should inquire.