OFF8CIAL: Found a sucker for Bickell

GSH_34

Liked Posts:
I just wish they call 72-88-? the #1 line.
That's where all the magic happens.
The next hurdle is to find a winger that gels with Toews. It may have to be 81 until they do. Shaw (if signed) will probably scoot all over the place depending on matchups.

Can you explain a bit further?
So if drafted by the parent club, a player can circumvent the hard cap? I'm just trying to figure out your theory on how to postulate a cap resolution.
In the NBA, you can re-sign a player and go over the cap. It's called the luxury tax, but it counts double against your cap.

So, a player resigned for $5 million ends up costing the team $10 million if that player puts the team over the cap.

I'd like to see something like that. Luxury tax can get ridiculous though because you'll have teams like the Cavs who have a $200+ million payroll.

But for a team like the Hawks. We would've had the chance to keep Buff, Ladd (the 1st time), Soupy, Bolland, Frolik, etc.

Obviously, not everyone would've stayed but the hard cap penalizes teams like the Hawks who know how to build their team and grow their own talent. Or acquire good talent and want to keep them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
In a league where you already have a half dozen internal capped teams who can't even afford to go to the full cap because of lacking revenue from fandoms and attendance, I don't want to add a luxury tax. The reason for so many cap hit but no or low salary trades like Hortons deal, Marc Savard, Pronger, etc... maybe this years Datsyuk deal. These help those teams out but in a league where the teams, not even because "success" but because they're owned not by a guy but by a giantic media corporation, I.E. Toronto, can just spend money easily. Yeah it doesn't equal success as it didn't for Toronto in the late 90s.

But it's a type of atmosphere that hurts the Carolina, New Jersey, Arizona, Winnipegs, and Flordia type teams to not be able to grow or get up as easily when they no longer can afford guys with success, because the success still won't bring in that gigantic revenue still. New Jersey is a pure example of that.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a league where you already have a half dozen internal capped teams who can't even afford to go to the full cap because of lacking revenue from fandoms and attendance, I don't want to add a luxury tax. The reason for so many cap hit but no or low salary trades like Hortons deal, Marc Savard, Pronger, etc... maybe this years Datsyuk deal. These help those teams out but in a league where the teams, not even because "success" but because they're owned not by a guy but by a giantic media corporation, I.E. Toronto, can just spend money easily. Yeah it doesn't equal success as it didn't for Toronto in the late 90s.

But it's a type of atmosphere that hurts the Carolina, New Jersey, Arizona, Winnipegs, and Flordia type teams to not be able to grow or get up as easily when they no longer can afford guys with success, because the success still won't bring in that gigantic revenue still. New Jersey is a pure example of that.

Isn't Datsyuk playing in Russia this year?

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah but he has 1 year left on his deal with Detroit so they're considering trading it to a need cap team.

Thanks, hadn't heard that. I thought he was gone for sure.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He is gone for sure, I hadn't heard about what Clyde mentioned though, sounds like they just would be trading the contract without the player to a team that needs to reach the cap floor.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Change the title!

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Change the title!
200_s.gif

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
:( :( :(

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
He is gone for sure, I hadn't heard about what Clyde mentioned though, sounds like they just would be trading the contract without the player to a team that needs to reach the cap floor.

Correct. It is the same thing that has happened with Pronger and M. Savard (twice now). One team needs to shed some cap so they sweeten the deal and find a team like Arz, NJ, Car, etc that is willing to take on that dead cap.

The appealing team about trading for Datsyuk (for a cap floor team) is that his cap hit is actually larger than his salary by 2 million. A cap floor team would love that because they get to pay less to get more in a sense.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perceived Lack Of Work Ethic Played A Role In Teuvo Teravainen’s Exit From Blackhawks

While you can debate the degree of this reality, it’s the perception that mattered in this case. And looking back, there had been indicators that the Blackhawks were less than thrilled with Teravainen’s approach. Former teammate Kimmo Timonen hinted at this in early June 2015, as the Blackhawks were amid a playoff run that would culminate in a Stanley Cup championship.
“He’s got a long way to go,” Timonen told The Canadian Press of Teravainen. “He’s a skinny guy, so he’s got to start lifting weights and doing that. … I told him, ‘This summer, you’ve got to make sure you work out.
“Golf is not a workout.

Link

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Perceived Lack Of Work Ethic Played A Role In Teuvo Teravainen’s Exit From Blackhawks

While you can debate the degree of this reality, it’s the perception that mattered in this case. And looking back, there had been indicators that the Blackhawks were less than thrilled with Teravainen’s approach. Former teammate Kimmo Timonen hinted at this in early June 2015, as the Blackhawks were amid a playoff run that would culminate in a Stanley Cup championship.
“He’s got a long way to go,” Timonen told The Canadian Press of Teravainen. “He’s a skinny guy, so he’s got to start lifting weights and doing that. … I told him, ‘This summer, you’ve got to make sure you work out.
“Golf is not a workout.

Link

Not really surprised to hear this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
yeah but he has 1 year left on his deal with Detroit so they're considering trading it to a need cap team.

a cap need team?

I feel like eating cap has become a business in itself for these lesser teams, why the hell have we been hanging onto Bickell and paying teams in prospects to take our cap mistakes when there are all these teams whose favorite meat is albatross?

Cap hungry team? wtf is this shit?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
a cap need team?

I feel like eating cap has become a business in itself for these lesser teams, why the hell have we been hanging onto Bickell and paying teams in prospects to take our cap mistakes when there are all these teams whose favorite meat is albatross?

Cap hungry team? wtf is this shit?

Bickel's salary was actually 4.5 this final year while his cap hit is 4.0.

Some of these deals like Marc Savard have a bigger cap hit while he only has a minimum salary pay. Or in some cases I don't think with the Pronger contract anyone even had to pay salary, it was pure cap. That's potentially the case with Datsyuk, some say it would be like 2.5 real salary for his 7mil cap hit but others are even saying because of his leaving the contract to go to the KHL it might be you don't have to pay him anything... yet even then people are always giving up talent in these cap dump trades. People are asking Detroit for happytoseeyou, or whatever that guys name really is. Boston traded Reilly Smith and Marc Savards dead contract for Jimmy Hayes, a much lesser talent than Smith.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

“Golf is not a workout.

Link

Taking a page out of the Boston Bruins handbook with this move.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hawks get a 2nd and a 3rd.

This fucking sucks. And I fucking hate this trade.

This is a great trade for the Hawks.

For one, in case you haven't noticed, Bowman has given away a lot of draft picks and prospects recently. This trade gives us a couple picks back. Bickell needed to go for obvious reasons and there is a considerable chance that Teuvo want going to be the player we all thought and hoped he would be.

Stop being a blind homer and look at the whole picture. This will help keep this dynasty going.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

For one, in case you haven't noticed, Bowman has given away a lot of draft picks and prospects recently. This trade gives us a couple picks back. Bickell needed to go for obvious reasons and there is a considerable chance that Teuvo want going to be the player we all thought and hoped he would be.

Stop being a blind homer and look at the whole picture. This will help keep this dynasty going.

You're late.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's not even close to being able to tell whether this trade was good or bad just yet.
Guess we'll see in about 8 years.