Malkin Rumor

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Just heard Boyle on ESPN1000 saying Malkin told Mario Lemieux he wants to be traded to the Hawks. He has a $9.5M salary, so Anisimov would go back to Pitt in the deal. Pitt would eat $1M of his salary and then we'd salary dump Kruger in a separate deal to make room. At least one more additional move would have to be made.

Not sure if he said this before or after the Cup, though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's not much a rumor, it's just a pointed out element that it seems because of Malkin's No Movement Clause Chicago is one of the teams he'd okay a trade too.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If he is 9.5M and we give them AA who is a 4.5M Cap hit.... that means we need 5M in additional cap space to pay Malkin.... we got 4M from trading Bigfoot.

And you are saying they might be willing to retain 1M.

Doesn't that all balance without trading Kruger or anyone else right now?

Spotrac has us at 12M in Cap space, but idk how accurate that is.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Im not sure we have enough pieces to even send to Pitt.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Im not sure we have enough pieces to even send to Pitt.

Not to mention the salary cap implications. I have no idea how this rumor continues to have legs and gain steam over the last couple of days, but it somehow does.

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Not to mention the salary cap implications. I have no idea how this rumor continues to have legs and gain steam over the last couple of days, but it somehow does.

Well, apparently it gained steam because Malkin told Super Mario he wanted to come here. It's not coming out of no where -- he's the one making this newsworthy. It can be done with in the cap.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Money is tight to fill out the roster, bring in Malkin and that eats up what they just gained by dumping Bickell. No thanks.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
The rumor isn't like a "rumor" that it's talked about or Malkin is being shopped or WANTS to be traded.

It came from Eklund, the hockeybuzz guy and it's just a source of info, it's not also that it was said by Malkin now after the cup win but maybe months ago, It's just that Chicago is a team he would waive his NMC to.. that's it, not that he's being shopped or wants to be shopped.

Though rumors are out that Calgary is after MAF and that would solve cap tightness the Penguins have.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Ahhhh our first book it dano E6 of the year... glorious... sometimes he makes it so easy.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
This just in...Ecklund's been into the acid again.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's funny though isn't it... he has suck great sources on all these Blackhawks rumors, but I didn't hear anyone quoting him about Bick and TT trade.
Touché. You have a great point.

He's a clickbait blogger, so the more recockulous, the more clicks. TT+Bickell for picks wouldn't be a stretch...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Touché. You have a great point.

He's a clickbait blogger, so the more recockulous, the more clicks. TT+Bickell for picks wouldn't be a stretch...

I know this, and you know this, and we've been waxing poetically about this stupidity for years back through IHN... but it's amazing that people still bring anything he says up as having any relevant information.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Jettisoning Bickell and not having to pay TT's contract was certainly done for freeing up money to get a good player going forward. Malkin coming to the Hawks makes a lot of sense for Bowman.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I know this, and you know this, and we've been waxing poetically about this stupidity for years back through IHN... but it's amazing that people still bring anything he says up as having any relevant information.
Maybe I am an asshole here, but the Fever-dream induced trade proposals he and JJ come up with are almost as entertaining as the eunuchs that post them as legit on message boards.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe I am an asshole here, but the Fever-dream induced trade proposals he and JJ come up with are almost as entertaining as the eunuchs that post them as legit on message boards.

They come up with doozies much like some of the proposals on HFB. I will say there are a couple of people who post in JJ comments that seem to know their stuff, and have been close on moves before.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

Indeed, but what's more entertaining, the shit they throw at the wall or watching people fall for it?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I think both MH