Knicks have discussions about trading for Rose

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/16287776/new-york-knicks-discussions-trading-derrick-rose

The New York Knicks are looking to upgrade their backcourt, and one player on their radar is Chicago Bulls point guard Derrick Rose.

The Knicks have had internal discussions recently about trading for Rose, league sources tell ESPN.

The Knicks have publicly expressed their interest in upgrading at point guard, and sources tell ESPN that the team has had discussions about trading for Derrick Rose.

The Bulls' interest in trading Rose, 27, is unknown at this point. The Knicks do not have many strong trade chips outside of Carmelo Anthony, Kristaps Porzingis and future first-round draft picks.

Both Knicks coach Jeff Hornacek and GM Steve Mills have said that the Knicks are interested in upgrading their point guard position in the offseason. The Knicks' incumbent starting point guard is Jose Calderon, while other potential point guards include second-year guard Jerian Grant and free-agent signee Tony Wroten.

Rose will be a free agent after the 2016-17 season. He averaged 16.4 points on 42.7 percent shooting and 4.7 assists in 66 games last season.

The six-year veteran has appeared in just 50 percent of the Bulls' regular-season games over the past four years because of various injuries, including two major knee surgeries.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Doooo it

Sent from the mod retirement home in Bakersfield, California.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Trade him, I dare you GarPax

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
I actual;y think they would trade him because what they could get for Rose could alter what they could ask for in a Butler trade. The problem in dealing with the Knicks is obvious, they don't have anything of interest to the Bulls. It doesn't honestly look like they have anything of interest to offer any other team no matter how many you added to the trade. They can't trade draft picks for a while and if they include any of their good players how does that improve their team?

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
The Knicks have nothing to offer except Porzingis who they aren't letting go. They don't even have a 1st round pick this year. I don't think our FO is so eager to do a $ dump that they'd trade Rose for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

baselman1974

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Man I would trade Rose for a pastrami sandwich from Katz deli. The Knicks can have him and Reggie Rose

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carmelo, Rose, Porzingis! Championship!

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
If anyone is willing to be suckered into making a big splash and giving up too much its the Knicks. We all know whatever we can get for him would be a plus. Sign and Trade maybe with Afflalo and Williams plus Calderon plus a 2017 first round? Trouble is can you get those two to sign. That would be the only way to make the money work. If they do you pull that trigger. Then you can maybe flip Calderon for something else.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Jerian Grant and 2 future 1st round picks (top 5 protected).

Then trade Jimbo to Boston for Bradley, Olynyk, #3, #23, and 2017 Nets pick

Maybe luck into the Kings 1st rounder next season and you're rebuilding like a fucking boss.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
certainty not taking any longer contracts unless its rookie scale

i'd rather dump Rose for a 2nd rounder or keep him than take abunch of longer deals just to get a first

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If anyone is willing to be suckered into making a big splash and giving up too much its the Knicks. We all know whatever we can get for him would be a plus. Sign and Trade maybe with Afflalo and Williams plus Calderon plus a 2017 first round? Trouble is can you get those two to sign. That would be the only way to make the money work. If they do you pull that trigger. Then you can maybe flip Calderon for something else.

The 2017 pick should be a good lottery one. I'd do that trade for sure and then continue talks about trading Butler.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
They aren't giving Porzingis up so I don't see a point. We would just be getting shitty players back in return. I think the best bet is to just play out the season(unless an offer comes around that you can't refuse) and see how it goes. He could have a big year. If not, he's a FA and it clears a large portion of our cap.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't want to see Rose play another game in the Bulls uniform. This should not turn into another Gasol play out the string situation. He needs to go!