Best Pitcher in the AL is?

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Over the past 365 days the best AL pitcher has been?????

Jose Quintana

We need to start the rebuild.

Mr. Bates

Liked Posts:
Maybe an argument for most valuable but not best.

Chris is the best.

EASILY.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you count WAR, nope, not even Chris.

WAR isn't the be all and end all for evaluating pitchers. He's pretty much cinch for the Cy Young and if the Sox can get their heads out of their respective asses and win the division, maybe even the MVP.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
WAR isn't the be all and end all for evaluating pitchers. He's pretty much cinch for the Cy Young and if the Sox can get their heads out of their respective asses and win the division, maybe even the MVP.

Lol. Chris Sale leads in one category. Wins. Nothing else. Lol. You are so insane.

I hope Danny Salazar gets it just to pisss you off. Sale is the not the AL Cy Young as we speak.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Lol. Chris Sale leads in one category. Wins. Nothing else. Lol. You are so insane.

I hope Danny Salazar gets it just to pisss you off. Sale is the not the AL Cy Young as we speak.

I think I would vote for Salazar if the season ended right now as well.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

You don't have to be so mad about it though.

I don't think tauting a legitimate top 5 candidate as your horse in the race is "insane"

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post

I think I would vote for Salazar if the season ended right now as well.

IT is crazy for Silence to downplay the greatness of Sale whose WAR tops the AL with 3.6 second only to Kershaw in all of baseball. Salazar is having a breakout year for the Injuns but Sale has the street cred because of his dominating results since he was a rookie. We will see what happens, but Sale is the best pitcher in the AL right now.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quote Originally Posted by SilenceS View Post

IT is crazy for Silence to downplay the greatness of Sale whose WAR tops the AL with 3.6 second only to Kershaw in all of baseball. Salazar is having a breakout year for the Injuns but Sale has the street cred because of his dominating results since he was a rookie. We will see what happens, but Sale is the best pitcher in the AL right now.

No, he isnt. Now by any stat or category. Not by any measurement.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You don't have to be so mad about it though.

I don't think tauting a legitimate top 5 candidate as your horse in the race is "insane"

Couple of things, he keeps saying he is the best pitcher in baseball. He isnt. He keeps saying he is a lock for Cy Young and maybe MVP. No, he isnt and hell no to MVP. So, yes, he is quite insane in his homerism.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Assuming Sale is the AL WAR leader that is a strong stat for many to say he is the best pitcher in the AL right now.

I'm still siding right now with Salazar but yes Sale is right there for CY Young team photo.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Assuming Sale is the AL WAR leader that is a strong stat for many to say he is the best pitcher in the AL right now.

I'm still siding right now with Salazar but yes Sale is right there for CY Young team photo.

He is third behind Kluber and Quintana in the AL right now.

Mr. Bates

Liked Posts:
There's .3 fWAR separating Sale and Quintana.

Meanwhile - Chris has pitched more innings, has a higher K/9, lower BB/9, lower BABIP, higher LOB%, and lower ERA (higher FIP, however). Between Sale and Q, I'd say Sale but yeah...does look like Kluber is on top in the AL at the moment.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
bWAR uses ERA into their equation. fWAR uses FIP in their equation. I am a bigger believer in FIP. Sale FIP is what makes him lower in fWAR. His ERA is what makes him higher in bWAR.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Couple of things, he keeps saying he is the best pitcher in baseball. He isnt. He keeps saying he is a lock for Cy Young and maybe MVP. No, he isnt and hell no to MVP. So, yes, he is quite insane in his homerism.

Couples of other things. Saleleads in wins and WAR and has a fine ERA and Strikeout to Walk Ratio. He plays in a hitters park also. Second of all, you are a Cubs homer who is nothing but a troll on this board so your opinion doesn't mean shit here.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
The Hawk.

Come on now. He's no more a troll (unless its obvious) than I am on the Cubs board. I believe sincerely that SilenceS would like nothing more than more active discussions on the White Sox boards here in CCS