Denzel Valentine...

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bulls are on the clock. The SG from Michigan St. is on the board. Whats the consensus? Heild, Murray, Dunn, and Ulis are gone.

My opinion is I would be great with this. Jimmy could slide to the 3, or maybe you could just forgo a point guard and still handle the ball, and defend everyone with a Butler/Valentine combo.

Jimmy thinks he is a PG afterall, and Valentine might actually be one.

I think the first 3 guards mentioned make trading to 3 or 5 with Rose/Butler worth it, particularly if you end up being able to draft Valentine and keep the other guard. Any combo of the 3 units would make a formidable backcourt in a couple years, allowing time to develop Portis and lure a free agent big.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
He is an interesting prospect. It's hard to determine how he will translate to the next level.

His size and athleticism is a big knock against him. He is too small for forwards and too big and slow for guards. It could hurt him on both ends of the floor. There are also concerns about his knee.

His passing and vision is great. He has become a very nice perimeter shooter which will help his game a lot at the next level. His attitude and leadership is great.

I wouldn't be mad about it but you have to be sure about him medically and you have to have a plan on how you are going to use him. He seems like a perfect player for a great coach like Pop or Kerr who would find ways to use his strengths.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
He is an interesting prospect. It's hard to determine how he will translate to the next level.

His size and athleticism is a big knock against him. He is too small for forwards and too big and slow for guards. It could hurt him on both ends of the floor. There are also concerns about his knee.

His passing and vision is great. He has become a very nice perimeter shooter which will help his game a lot at the next level. His attitude and leadership is great.

I wouldn't be mad about it but you have to be sure about him medically and you have to have a plan on how you are going to use him. He seems like a perfect player for a great coach like Pop or Kerr who would find ways to use his strengths.

Good post. I love the way Valentine plays. He plays a team game, getting all his teammates involved with his superb vision and passing. Also a good shooter, but he's limited athletically. The Bulls did work him out, so it'll be interesting to see if he's the pick. I think he might be more of a late teens, early to mid 20's pick, but I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bulls pick him.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Bulls are on the clock. The SG from Michigan St. is on the board. Whats the consensus? Heild, Murray, Dunn, and Ulis are gone.

My opinion is I would be great with this. Jimmy could slide to the 3, or maybe you could just forgo a point guard and still handle the ball, and defend everyone with a Butler/Valentine combo.

Jimmy thinks he is a PG afterall, and Valentine might actually be one.

I think the first 3 guards mentioned make trading to 3 or 5 with Rose/Butler worth it, particularly if you end up being able to draft Valentine and keep the other guard. Any combo of the 3 units would make a formidable backcourt in a couple years, allowing time to develop Portis and lure a free agent big.

If Thibs was the coach, he would love Valentine with his defense and ability to score but this is Freddie and his "offensive genius" that we are talking about. He will want a point guard who can spread the ball around. This assumes that Rose will be gone BTW.