Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You mean to tell me the Bulls aren't getting the next Clyde the glide?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is sure no guarantee that you'll end up with any kind of player. Look at this list and man busters at every turn so let's not act like the Bulls screwed anything up no matter who they pick this year

http://www.nba.com/bulls/news/samsmith/draft2016/nba-draft-players-drafted-14

Unless they pass on Valentine or other obvious high upside player with basketball abilities. Portis was a great pick. McDermott needed to be great to justify the loss of two firsts. His flaws have prevented him from being a winning player, though he is a good shooter becoming a great shooter slowly.

The pick that is hurting us most right now, is going with Snell over Dieng when we already had Butler in system. Minnesota now has a developed starting big who can defend who will excell for Tom Thibideau, the coach we should have drafted that player for interestingly, the coach who can utilize him most.

Instead of having a ready contributer for Noah/Gibson/Gasol departures....we have a platoon of sub par SF's.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
The 14th pick is a hard one to predict. I don't know what's going to happen other than Simmons and Ingram going 1-2. After that, it's anybody's guess. Hield, Dunn, J. Murray, Chriss, Bender, and probably Jaylen Brown will be gone, although nobody knows in what order.

So the pick for the Bulls might be Poeltl, Baldwin, Richardson, Ellenson, Skal L., Diallo, D. Davis, D. Murray, Sabonis, Luwawe, Prince, Valentine, Jackson, Beasley, Bembry, a couple foreign guys.....who knows?

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
If the top guys are all gone, Wade Baldwin will be the pick.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The 14th pick should be whoever the best remaining guard is in the draft. They suck so bad in playmaking it is amazing.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
The 14th pick should be whoever the best remaining guard is in the draft. They suck so bad in playmaking it is amazing.

I'd go with best available regardless of position. The Bulls need an infusion of talent, period.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I've learned not to get my heart set on someone, and only hope whatever headscratcher gets selected, doesn't turn into a flop.

Whatever Emperor Pax does, well... better provide results.

But I like Kyle Collinsworth as an undrafted for this team. Hoiballer.

Last edited:

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
Wade Baldwin could be something if he puts it all together. Good size, athletic, and his arms long as fuck. What scares me is he only shot 38% at the rim which is fuckjbg horrible.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Wade Baldwin could be something if he puts it all together. Good size, athletic, and his arms long as fuck. What scares me is he only shot 38% at the rim which is fuckjbg horrible.

Yikes. I didn't know that about him. Shoots a good percentage from deep but man, 38% at the rim? Are you sure about that?

Either way, there's really not a single prospect you could get excited about at 14. Best case scenario is they turn into a solid starter but more likely, a rotational player.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've learned not to get my heart set on someone, and only hope whatever headscratcher gets selected, doesn't turn into a flop.

Whatever Emperor Pax does, well... better provide results.

But I like Kyle Collinsworth as an undrafted for this team. Hoiballer.

I'll put in a second for white Jordan. BYU was dangerous with him.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I'll put in a second for white Jordan. BYU was dangerous with him.

Collinsworth's a bad three point shooter. Good defensive player, excellent rebounder for his size, not very long for his height. Fringe player, more likely will make a living overseas.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:

somebody told me he'd be like what ppl thought Wade would be

um i don't think so if hes shooting 38% at the rim

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Collinsworth's a bad three point shooter. Good defensive player, excellent rebounder for his size, not very long for his height. Fringe player, more likely will make a living overseas.

He's 24. I think his best move would be to be a star in Spain....elite Euro level. Not many guys can stop his penetration, but I have a feeling NBA guys can. He should leave that frustration behind and dominate Euro or Chinese ball.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be the 14th pick, but a guy I really like as a possible Bulls second round pick (48 overall) is Kay Felder from Oakland. I only saw him play once, against Michigan State (I think he scored 44 in 3 OT's) but I've been watching video of him and he's fun to watch, and I think he can succeed in the NBA.

I think he can be as good as Isaiah Thomas (not Isiah, but Isaiah). He's only 5-9-ish, but has a 6-2.5 wingspan and a very solid frame. Can shoot the three, and likes to go to the rim, and has a big arsenal of creative shots and can pass. Defensively, he's a pest, but obviously his lack of height can be a problem. But for a second rounder (where he's projected to go) I think he's worth a pick.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
I think with Wade Baldwin, it's more the measurables than his actual production that have him projected to go somewhere around 14. He's 6-3 or 6-4 and has a 6-10 wingspan. Plus a 38 inch vertical, and a solid athletic frame. I don't like the fact that Vanderbilt had so much talent, yet underachieved. Baldwin is impressive in interviews, though. Seems like an intelligent, thoughtful kid.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
He wouldn't be the 14th pick, but a guy I really like as a possible Bulls second round pick (48 overall) is Kay Felder from Oakland. I only saw him play once, against Michigan State (I think he scored 44 in 3 OT's) but I've been watching video of him and he's fun to watch, and I think he can succeed in the NBA.

I think he can be as good as Isaiah Thomas (not Isiah, but Isaiah). He's only 5-9-ish, but has a 6-2.5 wingspan and a very solid frame. Can shoot the three, and likes to go to the rim, and has a big arsenal of creative shots and can pass. Defensively, he's a pest, but obviously his lack of height can be a problem. But for a second rounder (where he's projected to go) I think he's worth a pick.

Yep. I've been advocating for him for awhile, whether we take a point guard in the 1st or not. Another guy I do like is Patrick McCaw, but you'll likely need to trade up in the 30s to get him.

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:
Unless they pass on Valentine or other obvious high upside player with basketball abilities. Portis was a great pick. McDermott needed to be great to justify the loss of two firsts. His flaws have prevented him from being a winning player, though he is a good shooter becoming a great shooter slowly.

The pick that is hurting us most right now, is going with Snell over Dieng when we already had Butler in system. Minnesota now has a developed starting big who can defend who will excell for Tom Thibideau, the coach we should have drafted that player for interestingly, the coach who can utilize him most.

Instead of having a ready contributer for Noah/Gibson/Gasol departures....we have a platoon of sub par SF's.

I think Snell over Gobert is an even bigger mistake, but you could argue both.

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Yep. I've been advocating for him for awhile, whether we take a point guard in the 1st or not. Another guy I do like is Patrick McCaw, but you'll likely need to trade up in the 30s to get him.

Yeah, I like McCaw also. He can score, plus he's long. It's strange that this year I seem to like the projected second round guys, specifically the guards, more than I like the guards projected to be around 14. Maybe the Bulls should go big man at 14, and guard at 48.