2016 NBA Draft Thread

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Draftexpress had Zipser going 32. Looking at his videos, he looks good. Good length for a wing, good shooter, athletic.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
lol....haha...

I'm just saying Snell has shown some improvements. You still hold your breathe when he decides to drive, and he still looks lost in rotations, but you can see the length, a bit of athleticism, and a shot that lacks consistency.

If he got a bit more physical on defense, added some old man strength, and was able to stay quick becasue of his thin frame while absorbing the knowledge, we can see the guys 3 point shot might break that 40% area in the next year or so.

When you have a player that can cause some defensive havoc and disrupt your opponent, and then splash from 3 it causes a huge effeciency hurdle which we have seen Golden State use to incredible effect and change the league.

This change has made Snell more valuable then ever, and as you saw yesterday about 45 of 60 players fit that 6'6"-6'9 stretch forward position-less profile.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm shocked Demetrius Jackson fell all the way to 45.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
lol....haha...

I'm just saying Snell has shown some improvements. You still hold your breathe when he decides to drive, and he still looks lost in rotations, but you can see the length, a bit of athleticism, and a shot that lacks consistency.

If he got a bit more physical on defense, added some old man strength, and was able to stay quick becasue of his thin frame while absorbing the knowledge, we can see the guys 3 point shot might break that 40% area in the next year or so.

When you have a player that can cause some defensive havoc and disrupt your opponent, and then splash from 3 it causes a huge effeciency hurdle which we have seen Golden State use to incredible effect and change the league.

This change has made Snell more valuable then ever, and as you saw yesterday about 45 of 60 players fit that 6'6"-6'9 stretch forward position-less profile.
You're simply watching a different Tony Snell than I am.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
im still laughing at "very nearly elite" describing Snell

yeah the guys got a nice wingspan, but thats all hes got. hes no different than a guy like Tyrus Thomas who had supreme athleticism, but no skill and the IQ of a cardboard box...his highlights just aren't as fun

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Draftexpress had Zipser going 32. Looking at his videos, he looks good. Good length for a wing, good shooter, athletic.

Yep....I haven't seen a mid range jumper like that since Derek Rose.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
im still laughing at "very nearly elite" describing Snell

yeah the guys got a nice wingspan, but thats all hes got. hes no different than a guy like Tyrus Thomas who had supreme athleticism, but no skill and the IQ of a cardboard box...his highlights just aren't as fun

I think he's a bit more of a basketball player than Tyrus Thomas. Tyrus Thomas was closer to a Kangaroo. That scary one with muscles that freaks people out on youtube.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems kind of redundant, as we have a near elite 3&D on the wing in Tony Snell.

my point is teams want 5 of those guys now. Don't get rid of Snell...get a coach with a clue that can use these guys. Butler/Snell/Zipser/Valentine/McDermott/Mirotic

and you guys will try to convince me we have no wing talent and will win 20 games.