BREAKING: Chicago Bulls trade Derrick Rose to New York Knicks

SW_Bulls

Liked Posts:
Know nothing about the players coming our way if I'm honest. Not sounding brilliant from what I've initially read, seems like Rose has just been given away, would have thought a 2nd rounder pick at least in return

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Know nothing about the players coming our way if I'm honest. Not sounding brilliant from what I've initially read, seems like Rose has just been given away, would have thought a 2nd rounder pick at least in return

Bulls are giving them a second rounder.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
You could argue this would be a great trade maybe last year, but at this point I don't get trading Rose (expiring deal) for Lopez's long term deal. We come out like 7-8M under Rose's salary after Calderon's deal expires, but we could've just kept Rose and had 22M to work with instead. Maybe this Grant kid is actually decent?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
good riddance and good luck to the knicks dealing with a player more concerned about retirement then playing ball

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You could argue this would be a great trade maybe last year, but at this point I don't get trading Rose (expiring deal) for Lopez's long term deal. We come out like 7-8M under Rose's salary after Calderon's deal expires, but we could've just kept Rose and had 22M to work with instead. Maybe this Grant kid is actually decent?
Supposedly Grant is who they wanted last year.

SW_Bulls

Liked Posts:
Bulls are giving them a second rounder.
I thought we'd try and push for a pick in return, push the boat out and show their needs are greater than ours. Doing some very quick research Calderon is the only 1 of the 2 I'm not overly keen on with his age etc, however the other 2 I'l be more interested to see who they get on

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

its to get rid of a team cancer. I think the team sick of dealing with him and his weird ass family

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What do you like about this trade?
At the media day before the season even started last year, he said he was playing for his contract, and what did it get the Bulls? Arguably the worst starting PG in the league based on all advanced metrics. If you don't think that he wouldn't have parlayed that into sitting out games this season when, "his body didn't feel right," then you just started watching the Bulls this year.

His level of play, based on how he his contract has been awful. That much should be easy to see. Plain and simple, he would be a distraction this season. That he is off the books means that he is someone else's problem right now.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
What a garbage deal. why are we taking back longer deals when rose is expiring? we don't even get anything of value for doing so. fuuuck

Again, you are allowed to make more than one move in an off-season. There is nothing to suggest that Calderon, Lopez, or Grant are staying on this roster.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Lopez is a scrappy center. Pretty solid defensively and a good rebounder/shot blocker, but no real offense. He's kind of the opposite of his brother and he's worse. As far as centers come in the league right now though, I guess he's average in skill.

Calderon is a protypical PG. He once led the league in FT% at a ridiculous 98%. He's a career 41% 3pt shooter which is nice and he passes the ball well. He can't play defense worth anything and he's injury prone.

Grant is an unknown at this point. He's a big PG, but he's an inconsistent shooter. In college he was a good defender and a heady PG who had a pretty good assist to turnover ratio. Funny enough he's a guy I was sort of wanting the Bulls to draft last year to back up Rose.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Again, you are allowed to make more than one move in an off-season. There is nothing to suggest that Calderon, Lopez, or Grant are staying on this roster.
You make a valid point, but this is GarPax we're talking about here...not expecting anything shrewd from them.

beardownboilerup85

Liked Posts:

I would be surprised if GarPax could move any of those guys, I would think Calderon and Lopez will be on this team, Grant is the only potential trade piece

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
how would you say these guys mesh in hoiberg system? Do they compliment butler?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

Not sure but if hoibergs needs players to fit his system instead of him fitting his system around the roster, I'd say he is not a good coach.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
You make a valid point, but this is GarPax we're talking about here...not expecting anything shrewd from them.

I would be surprised if GarPax could move any of those guys, I would think Calderon and Lopez will be on this team, Grant is the only potential trade piece
I'm not suggesting that they will be moved, or that GarPax can find a way to move them (though I think in fairness a lot of people here - myself included - were probably resigned to Derrick playing for the Bulls this year). I'm saying there is no reason to freak out about the players brought back in return, as they might not be here long term.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Well Lopez, contract aside, is a decent rim protector, which is something the Bulls lacked last season. So there's that.