Did the rose set us back?

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
The bulls banked everything on roses eventual return that never materialized. A rebuild was necessary much earlier. Plus roses refusal to recruit also hurt the bulls.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
cant blame the injuries on him shit happens

but he alienated players to come here more so then encouraging them to come here. He didnt recruit and that held us back. His family meddling with the team didnt help either.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
Every team that drafts a guy1-3 figures to build the rest of the roster around him. If he makes it they look great and if he doesn't they can't just retool on the fly or even quickly. The Bulls took a bigger hit when Curry and Chandler didn't develop, they had so much invested in them look how long it took to recover.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Maybe.

But he also revived the Bulls and Chicago basketball so let's not just disrespect him and everything he did do here. His injuries were freak and there was nothing he could do about them.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Maybe.

But he also revived the Bulls and Chicago basketball so let's not just disrespect him and everything he did do here. His injuries were freak and there was nothing he could do about them.
For real. The man made the bulls relevant again in Chicago. Without him and Thibs, the Bulls would still be a middling team with little representation nationally.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Every team that drafts a guy1-3 figures to build the rest of the roster around him. If he makes it they look great and if he doesn't they can't just retool on the fly or even quickly. The Bulls took a bigger hit when Curry and Chandler didn't develop, they had so much invested in them look how long it took to recover.

Yeah but i honestly thought the bulls would suck as long as krause was still the gm. Looks like we have jerry krause part 2 with gar pax. Well krause built 6 championship teams so I can give him a pass but what about garpax?

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Rose drops 50 against the Bulls next year and does the Jordan shrug of the shoulders to the fans

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
For real. The man made the bulls relevant again in Chicago. Without him and Thibs, the Bulls would still be a middling team with little representation nationally.

So you think we should have pulled a Lakers type organizational move and given him 25m/year for what he did for Chicago in the short past a-la Kobe cause that sure worked for them moving forward yet Rose didn't help us win any championships.

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
So you think we should have pulled a Lakers type organizational move and given him 25m/year for what he did for Chicago in the short past a-la Kobe cause that sure worked for them moving forward yet Rose didn't help us win any championships.
No. I just think that with all the shit derrick put us through, it's easy to forget how enjoyable it was to have him on the bulls.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Set them back from what? THe great future the Gordon-Deng era was setting up to be?

DirtyDutchDiggler

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. LA Galaxy
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Miami Dolphins
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Miami Hurricanes
No. I just think that with all the shit derrick put us through, it's easy to forget how enjoyable it was to have him on the bulls.

I enjoyed the Rose era. Loved watching him play and though he could be a future HOF. The injuries screwed all of that up and I think he was the one that made it clear he felt he was a max played and I think he was a little jealous of the success Jimmy gained while he was injured. Not sure he was going to come back for what the Bulls were going to offer him. It's sad but it is a business. Championships are hard to come by and even now so in the Lebron era. Looking towards the future is the best we can do right now.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Rose is a weird guy. Let the Knicks deal with him.

That's how I feel. Listening to him being interviewed over the years was depressing.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Rose's injury set it back. Not his fault. I still believe if he didn't get hurt, the Bulls probably win the ECF that year.