Hawks sign Dennis Rasmussen to one-year deal

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Your 2016-17 4C?

Link here

The Chicago Blackhawks announced today that they have agreed to terms with forward Dennis Rasmussen on a one-year contract.

Rasmussen, 25, registered nine points (4G, 5A) in 44 regular-season games with Chicago this season during his National Hockey League debut. The Vasteras, Sweden, native also added 16 points (7G, 9A) in 25 regular-season games with the Rockford IceHogs and two points (1G, 1A) in three 2016 Calder Cup Playoffs contests. He registered 27 points (13G, 14A) and a +9 plus/minus rating in 73 regular-season games with Rockford last year in his North American debut and added five shots on goal in seven Calder Cup contests. Rasmussen has also appeared for Sweden in international competition, helping Sweden to a bronze medal at the 2014 World Championships and the 2010 World Junior Championships.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Stanley cup here we come.

Seriously though, I was fine with his play on the 4th line this year

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was a big strong energetic boy for a while. Its actually this development that could be the reason for looking to move Kruger. After some roster discussions they may realize they can't fill wing and defender without some cap space from 3C/4C, to have a more balanced team its necessary to fill those spots with youth. Clear out the contracts from the bottom 6 (Shaw/Hossa/Kruger) to lock up Panarin, find a 1LW, and a #3/4 level blueliner.

I'm sure Stan tried everything and Carolina's price wouldn't budge off TT, or anyone elses was worse. Sucks...really really sucks but he just may not have the body to last in the NHL as a first liner so he was never going to be able to adaquetely fill a top 6 spot. I hate to see that kind of skill depart, I was actually excited to see what kind of chemistry he was going to have with Schmaltz.

Boy do we need Baun to be somebody.