CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Yeah, this season is going to be fucking fun.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know right?

All I can say is, don't complain Rose haters. You asked for it.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
82-0.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
What's good in the 2017 draft? Tell me about this joshua jackson fella.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
What's good in the 2017 draft? Tell me about this joshua jackson fella.
[h=3]NBA Comparison: Tracy McGrady/Andrew Wiggins[/h]Strengths: 6’8 elite level wing prospect … One of the most naturally talented prospects in HS over the past few season ... Tremendous athlete. Great combination of explosiveness and finesse … Excellent court vision. Can play as a scorer and distributer ... Can score in a variety of ways, advanced offensive game ... Has a good handle, showing the ability to create off the dribble ... Has the ability to control his defender from the perimeter ... Knows how to set up teammates to score as well as create for himself ... Thrives in transition but can also play in a half court set … Has the tools to be an elite defender at the highest level ... Great shot blocker for a wing, great timing and quick elevation … Mastered the between the legs step back to create open jump shots … Rebounds well … Can fill the stat sheet as an all around player ...

Weaknesses: Still has room to tighten up his ball handling, can get sloppy throughout the game … Also has room to become a more consistent jump shooter ... While he has no problem breaking down the defense from the perimeter, becoming a consistent scoring threat from outside would do wonders for Jackson’s game … Has a tendency to take plays off or settle when he should be involved with every play … Should post up more when having a guard or smaller wing guarding him ... Utilizing his physical tools and natural athleticism to expose mismatches closer to the basket would add another dimension to an already nearly unstoppable player ...

Outlook: Jackson transferred to the newly formed Prolific Prep in Napa, California after spending his first two high school seasons with Detroit Consortium. He thrived with the opportunity to play in some of the nation’s top high school events against elite talent showing why he is considered one of the top prospects in a loaded 2016 high school class. With his rare combination of elite tools, athleticism, and IQ; Jackson has the potential to be one of the faces of the NBA in coming years.
Notes: Full name is Joshua O’Neal Jackson, but goes by Josh or JJ ... born in San Diego, CA ... Measured 6'7 without shoes, 6'8.25 with shoes, 202.5 lbs, with a 6'9.75 wingspan and 8'9.75 standing reach at the 2015 USA U19 tryouts
http://www.nbadraft.net/players/josh-jackson

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
50-32

McDermot, Mirotic, Butler, and Portis exceed expectations and make this a fun team to watch. Led by Grant and a flashy rookie guard, the Bulls spread the floor and play Hoiball with better balance.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
50-32

McDermot, Mirotic, Butler, and Portis exceed expectations and make this a fun team to watch. Led by Grant and a flashy rookie guard, the Bulls spread the floor and play Hoiball with better balance.

Gee I hope note. We need to lose games. The more ping pong balls the better.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
50-32

50 games? Joke of the year.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
25-57

Central is going to be tough as shit.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
I'm saying 27-55. At least it will be fun watching Jimmy put up points.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
As currently constructed 30-40 is probably about right. We have considerable "basketball" talent, with two college players of the year, Butler, Mirotic, and a steal in Portis.

Maybe we keep Gibson as solid depth, as I think his basketball experience probably is higher than his trade value. He is also best friends with Jimmy, and as of right now, is our starting PF until someone younger can beat him out.

Valentine-Butler-Mirotic-Portis-Lopez could actually give teams a bit of trouble with length and passing if they just play basketball together. A PG like Valentine goes a long way toward team basketball, then Rose who lost his team and his leadership, was playing some kind of my turn your turn bullshit and we seemed completely disconnected except for that brief stretch of 100 point games where we seemed like a team with good chemistry.

I think we need to make predictions on Day 1 of the season. I think these guys could win 40 if Lopez's +/- equals what Gasol gave us.

Valentine for Rose to me is an upgrade. He can immediately not shoot stupid 3's, get his teammates involved, and while his on ball defense will not be as good, his team defense can be better with his length.

Valentine also will have the respect of his compadres. The weight of Rose baggage was starting to feel like pulling a plow, and the uncompetivie demeanor was just vomit worthy.

I defended Rose to the end, I think the Knicks can get something out of him, but I gave up on thinking we would be able to spark his competitive nature in Chicago ever again.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dead last in the division. This team pretty much sucks. They are never going to win anything that matters realistically until new leadership is in place.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I actually wouldn't be shocked if they were bad enough to land a top 5 draft pick next season.

There are only a few teams next season that look like they will almost definitely be worse than the Bulls: Sixers, Nets, Lakers, Suns.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I actually wouldn't be shocked if they were bad enough to land a top 5 draft pick next season.

There are only a few teams next season that look like they will almost definitely be worse than the Bulls: Sixers, Nets, Lakers, Suns.
I would be shocked if they were that bad. The team will not have a tanking mentality. They'll find a way to win more games than they should and land themselves in the late lotto.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would be shocked if they were that bad. The team will not have a tanking mentality. They'll find a way to win more games than they should and land themselves in the late lotto.

With all the shit Pau Gasol got last year, people don't realize that he was a stabilizing force. Rose was the Bulls' third best player and he was a moderately stabilizing force too. Both were good enough players to keep this team with the talent level to win games. With both of them gone, this team is done playing even .500 basketball.

The days of "surpassing expectations" died the day Thibodeau was idiotically replaced with a novice.