Kruger and Shaw on the trading block ????

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Beat me to the post. Just saw it myself.

Well, they're still right up against the cap even with the trade of Bickell's horrific deal. This would only create more room.

Plus, if the rumors about them going after Brian Campbell are true, they're going to need more space than they currently have.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's hard for me to say which one is more valuable, tough choice.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
salary cap blows......I understand going for it but they going to need to stop trading away every pick and possible salary cap friendly kids that could be replacements for these guys

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Well we did sign Schmaltz and Johnson to ELC next wave of Center depth

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They JUST signed Kruger, how has the plan changed for him in just a few weeks of season coming back from injury?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Maybe they are gonna make a run after Lucic, Rask

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Keith Yandle signed in Florida so Campbell is gonna be right there for Chicago if they want, I don't really love the idea too much but idk what else they have in sights.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Even if it makes sense for the team, I will be glum to see either one gone. That's right, glum.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How old is Campbell? Would not be a fan of trading Shaw and to a lesser extent Kruger to make room for an aging declining D-man.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How old is Campbell? Would not be a fan of trading Shaw and to a lesser extent Kruger to make room for an aging declining D-man.

oh...thats what happened. Hammer, Seabs, and Keith wore down and they realized they need more defenseman. Crazy fucks.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
God can't Pokka/Forsling age 3 years already?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Here's your FA Dman list (UFA/RFA)

http://www.generalfanager.com/freeagents?expiryyear=2016&position=D&shoots=Both&team=all&RFA=1&UFA=1

I can see the Hawks signing Roman Polak over Campbell. I think Soupy will still get a 3 year deal someplace that may pay him more than what the Hawks want to offer, unless he wants to stop by for a one year shot to see if he can win the Cup one last time.

Yea, Campbell is only a Blackhawk if he is willing to lose atleast $1 - 2mil a year by signing with the Blackhawks over another team.

I'd look towards that Polak/Lovejoy type signing even though it wouldn't surprise me if those two made out quite well in free agency. Someone that can hold it down as a solid #5 type and eat up some tough minutes.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Yea, Campbell is only a Blackhawk if he is willing to lose atleast $1 - 2mil a year by signing with the Blackhawks over another team.

I'd look towards that Polak/Lovejoy type signing even though it wouldn't surprise me if those two made out quite well in free agency. Someone that can hold it down as a solid #5 type and eat up some tough minutes.

We need another Brent Sopel amirite?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
We need another Brent Sopel amirite?

Whatever gets the job done. They need a veteran type guy that Q trusts to put out there for 15+ minutes a night. Blocking shots and killing penalties are an added bonus.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
When it comes down to these Kruger/Shaw rumblings, it obviously all comes down to money. If there were no salary cap or these two were signed to $1mil a year deals for the next 10 years, they would certainly be Blackhawks. The Kruger deal just wasn't a good deal for the Blackhawks to hand out. Not only do I believe it to be slightly above market for a player like Kruger (who overall I really like his game and he does help the Blackhawks win) but if you are the Blackhawks and have big time, long term money tied up in several players, then you can't pay a Kruger type player $3mil a year.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Whatever gets the job done. They need a veteran type guy that Q trusts to put out there for 15+ minutes a night. Blocking shots and killing penalties are an added bonus.

Sounds to me.... like we need another Brent Sopel