Kruger and Shaw on the trading block ????

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think a new franchise would want to take a 38-year-old winger? The Hawks can leave him open but I'd be shocked if Vegas would take him.

If he's still productive at 38, why not?
It may be a good fit to have a vet that contribute, and also a recognizable face that will continue to keep butts in seats, especially if he's near certain milestones in his career-- like maybe hitting his 500th goal. ;)

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
If he's still productive at 38, why not?
It may be a good fit to have a vet that contribute, and also a recognizable face that will continue to keep butts in seats, especially if he's near certain milestones in his career-- like maybe hitting his 500th goal. ;)
The threat and impact of Hossa's catastrophic recapture penalty means he is not going anywhere. As long as he is on the team they can maintain an open dialogue and work out any issues surrounding his future. They will never surrender control over their own cap fate by sending him elsewhere.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Considering Ladd failed to sparkplug Toews...

Honestly now I think the 'hawks need to focus on D. No matter what the core needs a rectal craniectomy, but odds are a Seabrook repeat of his year, not Toews. Ergo I think we need at least 1 defensively responsible piece in the back end. At least that way we can get a good pulse on Darling as opposed to needing to run Crawford to bail the D's butt out.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The threat and impact of Hossa's catastrophic recapture penalty means he is not going anywhere. As long as he is on the team they can maintain an open dialogue and work out any issues surrounding his future. They will never surrender control over their own cap fate by sending him elsewhere.

While he is not the player that he used to be(who was a GREAT PLAYER), Hossa is still a better than average NHL player who contributes a lot of things both ways.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

It happened with Pronger, and it can definitely happen with Hossa.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It happened with Pronger, and it can definitely happen with Hossa.
Flipside is he pulls a Datsyuk, but without the chance we offload his cap onto a failing market team.

Hossa leaves on his terms. I'm not saying he wouldn't be generous and take one for the 'hawks, but if the 'hawks would dump him in Columbus without his consent why wouldn't he fire a parting shot?

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Flipside is he pulls a Datsyuk, but without the chance we offload his cap onto a failing market team.

Hossa leaves on his terms. I'm not saying he wouldn't be generous and take one for the 'hawks, but if the 'hawks would dump him in Columbus without his consent why wouldn't he fire a parting shot?

Of course, but the organ-i-zation has also done much for him and his family. 3 Cups. I'm sure Rocky will also secure something for him when all is said and done for him "taking one for the team."
Even Hoss knows at 40, he won't be making much of an impact.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
On the surface I agree. The way things will likely play out is Hossa Prongers himself.

The flipside is if he feels a fuckton of pressure from the brass to waive his NMC so they can ship him to the Hockey equivalent of BFE (Like Columbus) without respect to him and what he's done for the organization. The loyalty factor has to work both ways.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Rocky has any ounce of Bill's loyalty genes, things will be just fine.
Say what you want aboot $Bill, he rewarded loyalty.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I predict Hoss is the next old Man Jagr. 7 more years just for Tater.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Considering Ladd failed to sparkplug Toews...

Someone else pointed this out on Twitter (I think) but during Ladd's first stint with the Hawks, he never played with Toews. Usually was the 3LW with Bolland at C and Havlat/Versteeg on the RW. It seemed like they were trying to make that combo work when it never really had before. Square peg, round hole type of thing.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Someone else pointed this out on Twitter (I think) but during Ladd's first stint with the Hawks, he never played with Toews. Usually was the 3LW with Bolland at C and Havlat/Versteeg on the RW. It seemed like they were trying to make that combo work when it never really had before. Square peg, round hole type of thing.
It's a fair enough point (and yes I've been on record saying that a 10.5M player shouldn't need sparkplugging), but that being said Ladd will command a lot of money we may not be able to afford. Further, even though I think Ladd has more value than Shaw, neither are worth risking losing a core player over.

IMHO plug the hole at D 1st.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's a fair enough point (and yes I've been on record saying that a 10.5M player shouldn't need sparkplugging), but that being said Ladd will command a lot of money we may not be able to afford. Further, even though I think Ladd has more value than Shaw, neither are worth risking losing a core player over.

IMHO plug the hole at D 1st.

The D FA list is thin at best.
Better get ready for those Roman Polak jerseys.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, it turns out they have a similar game that overlaps some on the ice and they are more valuable leading separate lines, but if you give them Kane I think it will work, and I like seperating pan and Kane anyway, since they overlap so much also.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, it turns out they have a similar game that overlaps some on the ice and they are more valuable leading separate lines, but if you give them Kane I think it will work, and I like seperating pan and Kane anyway, since they overlap so much also.

I like them where they are and sometimes playing the mix and match game doesn't work too well. I think that their big priority should be on investing in a couple of solid young defensemen both for now and down the road. Wear and tear took it toll in the play-offs.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I predict Hoss is the next old Man Jagr. 7 more years just for Tater.

If I could triple thank you, I would sir.

images.jpg

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I like them where they are and sometimes playing the mix and match game doesn't work too well. I think that their big priority should be on investing in a couple of solid young defensemen both for now and down the road. Wear and tear took it toll in the play-offs.

Investing in solid young defensemen costs cap dollars that the Blackhawks don't have. They're going to have to keep making do by finding European players willing to come over on ELCs or plug holes with aging vets willing to take a discount. It's not a pretty picture, and they badly need any two of Kempny, Gustafsson, Svedberg, Forsling, or Pokka to pan out.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Investing in solid young defensemen costs cap dollars that the Blackhawks don't have. They're going to have to keep making due by finding European players willing to come over on ELCs or plug holes with aging vets willing to take a discount. It's not a pretty picture, and they badly need any two of Kempny, Gustafsson, Svedberg, Forsling, or Pokka to pan out.

maybe any one if they get a FA