IST: Cubs @ Miami

chibears55

Liked Posts:
My lazy thinking still tells me that things average out back to normal

And it sucks

Looks like the '39 Yankees aren't in danger
Yea..
Arrieta and Lester should continue to be what they are, solid TOR starters..

But

Despite the very hot starts..
Lackey , Hammel, and Hendricks should all end up being what they normally do, with hope of being a little better

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Can Heyworst ever not hit the ball on the ground to 2nd? Man.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Heyward is going for a record on putouts by the second baseman.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Good ol Heyward and his pepper play with the second baseman for a 4-6-3 inning ender...

Sorry, but he still a disappointment and were 72 games in now..

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Heyward kills another fucking rally. Big surprise. Ground ball to the right side...What a shocker. Double play.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
All the people that said this team was among the greatest of all time are idiots. Fact is this is a very good team on par with the Nats, Rangers, Giants, Cardinals, Orioles. No better, nor worse. They were fortunate to get off to a great start but come playoff time they will be 50/50 against any team they play. Don't be surprised with a first round exit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also thought Joe would run with Almora since Heyward puts it on the ground so much. That is such a big double play with Bryant behind him.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Good ol Heyward and his pepper play with the second baseman for a 4-6-3 inning ender...

Lets face it. He sucks ass. Why he is leading off is beyond me. 72 games is enough to know the guy can't hit.

Nice play by Russell :)

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
All the people that said this team was among the greatest of all time are idiots. Fact is this is a very good team on par with the Nats, Rangers, Giants, Cardinals, Orioles. No better, nor worse. They were fortunate to get off to a great start but come playoff time they will be 50/50 against any team they play. Don't be surprised with a first round exit.

You are an idiot. There run differential is still better than the next two best teams combined. Their ERA is almost a full run better than the next best team. Its called baseball. Now, you are calling a first round exit? Lol go troll the Bears board because they bite on that shit.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
You are an idiot. There run differential is still better than the next two best teams combined. Their ERA is almost a full run better than the next best team. Its called baseball. Now, you are calling a first round exit? Lol go troll the Bears board because they bite on that shit.
The run differentail and era is a function of a hot start. This is a team that scores "pile on" runs. Tell me about the comebacks and close wins? One of the top 6 teams in baseball...perfect! But are they real favorites to win, don't think so. Only vegas betting favorites due to a zillion Cubs fans

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not the greatest take away at 7-4 but I think Patton and Conception are real bullpen pieces. Both have been great in the minors and have pitched well in limited MLB action.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Lets face it. He sucks ass. Why he is leading off is beyond me. 72 games is enough to know the guy can't hit.

Nice play by Russell :)
Found this article on him from 2011..
Looks like history repeating itself

http://www.fangraphs.com/fantasy/whats-with-jason-heyward/

Perhaps the most aggravating trends for Heyward are his propensity to pop the ball up, producing gimme outs, and chop the ball into the ground, failing to make good use of his prodigious power and 6-foot-5, 240 pound frame. His 23 percent infield/fly ball rate is third-highest in the majors, trailing only*Corey Patterson*and*Mark Trumbo. And Heyward’s 57 percent ground ball rate places him among lightweights like*Alexi Casilla,*Kosuke Fukudome*and*Elvis Andrus.

Swinging at more off-the-plate pitches, hitting the ball up the elevator shaft, smacking ground balls like a slap-hitting middle infielder — none of these are good things. But even so, it seems like he has endured some bad luck on balls put in play. His BABIP this season is .256, while his*expected BABIP*sits around .315.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Thanks for that riveting analysis Capt. Obvious.

Is it possible he could light it up in the 2nd half of the season ?

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
What a collection of pathetic,
whining crybabies.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
My lazy thinking still tells me that things average out back to normal

And it sucks

Looks like the '39 Yankees aren't in danger

Yeah and if you think a couple of tough loses doesn't mean this is one of history's greatest teams I don't agree. The 39 Yankees lost 6 in a row. The Cubs haven't lost more than 4. And they're on pace to win 106 games. If (when) they get hot again they could easily win 110 or 112 maybe more. You guys have to understand that even the best teams go through times when they don't hit, don't pitch well, whatever. We can't even talk about the best ever teams until the Cubs win the World Series. I think they are going to and going to do it convincingly. That's why they play 162 games fellas. The best teams always rise to the top. The Cubs are 24 games over .500 and 10 games up in the NL Central. We'll see what happens in October...:) Even if they lose today and the Cardinals win the Cubs are still 23 games over and 9 ahead. If you're worried about this season watching how well they have played for the vast majority of it, then you need your head examined.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Thanks for that riveting analysis Capt. Obvious.

Is it possible he could light it up in the 2nd half of the season ?

You're welcome, it was just my opinion ..
Of course, you have to make it more then what it was and be an ass about it..

It possible..
But
After 30 games it was it early
After 50 games it was he always start out slow
After 72 games , now its he could have a great 2nd half

I hope he busts out and has an awesome second half, but
is it going to be after 80 games, 90 games, 100 games

Games are dwindling, i dont need him to go crazy
Just carry his weight offensively, and be consistent

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
What a collection of pathetic,
whining crybabies.

No shit. You guys are such fucking babies. Don't you realize that even the best teams have bad patches? You can't win every damn game. I can't wait until the Cubs reel off 10 in a row and you same guys will be doing 180's.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
You're welcome, it was just my opinion ..
Of course, you have to make it more then what it was and be an ass about it..

It possible..
But
After 30 games it was it early
After 50 games it was he always start out slow
After 72 games , now its he could have a great 2nd half

I hope he busts out and has an awesome second half, but
is it going to be after 80 games, 90 games, 100 games

Games are dwindling, i dont need him to go crazy
Just carry his weight offensively, and be consistent

Yeah right and its not really likely the guy will all of the sudden wake up and stop hitting into DP's and fucking up rallies. At what point do we just call a spade a spade? Nice ground out to the fucking pitcher asshole. Yeah and we don't need him to do much. Just hit his weight and possibly not ground into 2 DPs a game would be nice. At some point we have to start pinch hitting for the guy.

What would you do if there were 2 outs bases loaded, bottom of the ninth tie game with Heyward coming up? I would pinch hit for his punk ass in a heartbeat. If you wouldn't then you're stupid. If the answer is to not hit him, why can't Maddon at least give him a few days off for Cripe's sake?!!

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No shit. You guys are such fucking babies. Don't you realize that even the best teams have bad patches? You can't win every damn game. I can't wait until the Cubs reel off 10 in a row and you same guys will be doing 180's.
Who actually crying besides omelet
And i think he just being a goof, not really crying