Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Based on DraftExpress Zipser isn't the worst pick for where we got him. Supposedly could contribute as a 3&D SF right away if he can show himself capable of keeping up with NBA wings. Or maybe he ends up as a small ball stretch PF, which isn't that bad. Also plays on the German national team so you can get a preview of him in the Olympics. He's got role player potential which is all you can really ask out of a mid/late 2nd round pick.

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Paul-Zipser-7127/

I like the Valentine pick...I guess we'll just have to see when his knees explode since even if they're fine now, I'm sure fate will find a way to screw us over later.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah....Zipser shows a very soft mid range jumper with size/athleticism that makes it difficult to defend.

Like many Bulls players, he is comfortable in tight seems and can score a variety of ways up close without being bothered too much. He creates some easy baskets for himself and others.

He has much better chance to stick then a Bairstow or some of the slow footed guys we have seen in the second round of late.

That said...he is kind of a poor mans McDermott. I wonder what their plans currently are around McDermott, but this guy is a slightly better athlete who we can't possibly expect to shoot at that top 10 all NBA from 3 ability like McBuckets, but I see a similar game with probably better rebounding and defense due to athleticism and fluid body.

I'd say he has a fair chance to actually stick as a role player, which is a round of applause for where he was taken.

He compares considerably to Jake Layman in my eye, the Maryland SF drafted in the second round. The guy who actually went a pick ahead of Zipser. Which would I rather have? After looking at them...they both have a similar high polish, since Zipser has pro and international experience. Jake is 1 inch taller, Zipser the better wing span, and muscle gifting. Seems a bit more fluid, and able to finish with contact...although both can drive.

Both are considered to have a chance to develop into role players, though for both its considered a long shot chance. They might show up on the Spurs one day, or playing Hoiball somewhere.

I'd be curious to know if the Bulls had an opinion on Layman vs Zipser and what they would have done given the choice. I'm torn because I liked Layman's game at Maryland.

I thought the Thunder and Clippers helped themselves the most on draft night among contending rosters. Hats off to Doc Rivers nabbing Brice Johnson/Diamond Stone in same draft. That should go a long way in a couple years to removing the Clippers "soft" label, and I think also sets them up in the very near future to unload Griffin for other pieces.

Troy23

Liked Posts:
The more highlights packages I see of Denzel, the more I like this pick. Yea he's not super quick or explosive, but the guy can ball. Can shoot and drive, great court vision, great IQ. He should be great player for us

Benchmob757

Liked Posts:
Athletes win track meets. Basketball players win basketball games. I'm not even thinking about Valentine's athleticism, he can ball and that's the only thing that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Athletes win track meets. Basketball players win basketball games. I'm not even thinking about Valentine's athleticism, he can ball and that's the only thing that matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just hope that his knees hold up.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gar Pax picking for their job not the Bulls, thats when you know you waited to long to fire these GM types.

Both picks the "ready now" variety. They have no time.