NHL Draft Weekend Thread

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
DeBrincat is a small player with a dynamic skill set and a pure sniper. He is undersized, but can be very nasty to play against and shies away from no one. He skates well and is very effective around the net. He is hard to contain for such a small player, and has great chemistry with anyone he plays with. A decade player in the OHL. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2016) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231275#sthash.nMU3B0OV.dpuf

It was a good pick as far as I see. Should be a real weapon on the power play and with smart line-mates could be a really good player going forward.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Kane weighed 160 pounds at his scouting weigh in. Some listed him 162.

Panarin was under 170 lbs his draft yeae, would any draft pick of him not of been a steal. Johnny Gadreau was drafted at 157 lbs. Mats Ziccarello was 163 lbs.

Saad fell for a reason too.. he was a potential considered top ten talent before his season before his draft year. Sometimes folks can be entirely stupid.
Agree.
Sometimes GMs roll the dice.
We won't know until one of these players cracks the league, while the rest quietly amass points in the AHL. If any team scores 2-3 players the consistently play in the NHL, the draft was good to them.

I find it odd how many fans can take a draft of players that no one barely saw and make an analysis, other than youtube highlights.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Agree.
Sometimes GMs roll the dice.
We won't know until one of these players cracks the league, while the rest quietly amass points in the AHL. If any team scores 2-3 players the consistently play in the NHL, the draft was good to them.

I find it odd how many fans can take a draft of players that no one barely saw and make an analysis, other than youtube highlights.

I've always been a big fan of taking the best available or the most skilled player available even if they never make it to the NHL for 2 reasons. 1.) Any player you can get into your system that can make it better you want. The better competition in Rockford, the stronger the organization is going to be, and better prepare the players they do call up. 2.) Guys who tear it up in the lower levels are always going to have value to someone. So while he may never be skilled enough to unseat someone on the hawks, if he's good enough to tear it up on a lower level he can be a nice piece to include in a trade to somewhere.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've always been a big fan of taking the best available or the most skilled player available even if they never make it to the NHL for 2 reasons. 1.) Any player you can get into your system that can make it better you want. The better competition in Rockford, the stronger the organization is going to be, and better prepare the players they do call up. 2.) Guys who tear it up in the lower levels are always going to have value to someone. So while he may never be skilled enough to unseat someone on the hawks, if he's good enough to tear it up on a lower level he can be a nice piece to include in a trade to somewhere.

Exactly.
Mike Milbury could be a GM again, and the Hawks have been decent at fleecing morons.