Friday, June 24
Start time: 6:00 p.m.
TV: NBC Sports

Rounds 2-7

Saturday, June 25
Start time: 10 a.m.
TV: NHL Network

Blackhawks selections:
39th overall (2nd round) (Acquired in Andrew Shaw trade)
45th overall (2nd round) (Acquired in Andrew Shaw trade)
50th overall (2nd round)
83rd overall (3rd round)
95th overall (4th round)
113th overall (4th round)
143rd overall (5th round)
144th overall (5th round)
173rd overall (6th round)
203rd overall (7th round)​

The main event for this weekend, for the Hawks, figures to be all the trade talks and deals that happen. If any of those moves happen, we'll get a thread up for those as well.

Last edited:

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Deal was close between Calagry and Hawks for Crow. Crow wouldn't waive

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Deal was close between Calagry and Hawks for Crow. Crow wouldn't waive

Where'd you hear that?

All this talk about the Hawks possibly trading Crawford worries me.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Flames got their goalie anyway: Blues reportedly trading Brian Elliott there.

[Edit] And getting a second-round pick in return.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Funny all the Flames goalie talk with bigger names out there but they go with the Blues, now St. Louis needs to sign or trade for a backup I hope they dont do the Stars any favors and take one of those guys off their hands.

ah but some rumors are the Stars and Lightning are talking goalies with Bishop going to Dallas... that I do not the sounds of that, that actually makes the team Stars scary.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think they offered the 4th pick or wherever they are for him? I mean that story sounds like the Hawks actually said yes...and actually had the audacity to call Crawford and be like....so heh...how do you feel about Calgary and winning 20-25 games next year?

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Funny all the Flames goalie talk with bigger names out there but they go with the Blues, now St. Louis needs to sign or trade for a backup I hope they dont do the Stars any favors and take one of those guys off their hands.

ah but some rumors are the Stars and Lightning are talking goalies with Bishop going to Dallas... that I do not the sounds of that, that actually makes the team Stars scary.

Bishop supposedly wants 7×7 to re sign after those coming year not sure he would get that. Stars would only have him for 1 year if that's the case.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Your three second-round picks:

39th overall - Alex DeBrincat out of Erie from the OHL
45th overall - D Chad Krys out of the USNTDP.
50th overall - LW Artur Kayumov out of Russia

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Well this doesn't suck.

Blackhawks pick Alex DeBrincat had 104 points as OHL rookie in 2014-15. Most points by OHL rookie since Patrick Kane had 145 in 2006-07

Although he was linemates with Connor McDavid, so that obviously helped. Certainly undersized at 5-7, 161 but it appears the offensive talent is there.

Now where have I heard that before? :thinking:

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Bishop supposedly wants 7×7 to re sign after those coming year not sure he would get that. Stars would only have him for 1 year if that's the case.

Stars still have to figure out who wants to take their shitty goalies off their hands too. Bishop will get injured in the playoffs again, 3rd year running

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
DeBrincat is a small player with a dynamic skill set and a pure sniper. He is undersized, but can be very nasty to play against and shies away from no one. He skates well and is very effective around the net. He is hard to contain for such a small player, and has great chemistry with anyone he plays with. A decade player in the OHL. (Tyler Parchem, EP 2016) - See more at: http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=231275#sthash.nMU3B0OV.dpuf

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeaj DeBrincat is an absolute steal in the 2nd.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube_share;TR-bsTkkXVY]http://youtu.be/TR-bsTkkXVY[/video]

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well this doesn't suck.

Although he was linemates with Connor McDavid, so that obviously helped. Certainly undersized at 5-7, 161 but it appears the offensive talent is there.

Now where have I heard that before? :thinking:
Johnny Hockey ... wait no Marty st Louis... wait ummm... teuvo! Or er kaneran

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeaj DeBrincat is an absolute steal in the 2nd.

164 lb player is a steal nowwhere. he fell for a reason....the same reason we always overlook. of course we take that guy, he is better than a 2nd rounder, but falling for that one reason. of course.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
164 lb player is a steal nowwhere. he fell for a reason....the same reason we always overlook. of course we take that guy, he is better than a 2nd rounder, but falling for that one reason. of course.

Kane weighed 160 pounds at his scouting weigh in. Some listed him 162.

Panarin was under 170 lbs his draft yeae, would any draft pick of him not of been a steal. Johnny Gadreau was drafted at 157 lbs. Mats Ziccarello was 163 lbs.

Saad fell for a reason too.. he was a potential considered top ten talent before his season before his draft year. Sometimes folks can be entirely stupid.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's not stupid and please don't call me that, I'll behave.

I'm just saying there is a reason he fell to us, the same reason as TT, Shaw, Schmaltz and others. And yes we are ecstatic to get a player of that skill and potential where we were.

Woo hoo!! 104 points OHL! Yeah!!!

He is 3 inches shorter than Kane making him doubtful to ever catch Kane in weight either. He is poor mans Kane, but can probably skate well in the new NHL speed world.

But we already struck tiny gold. We need balance and power forwards. I laugh because of course it's us who pull the trigger Based on our organizational values, and who can argue?

But when you can't argue heads get a little big and Stan seems to be wheeling and dealing thinking everything will go his way, but we are the last team that should be drafting minis because our long term core is a bit undersized. We need to take chances on power forwards. Like ...rondra who we got last year.

It's easy for a 5'7 demon to dominate other 18 year olds because they have very little coordination wiring to redevelop after growth, often grew first and stopped early.

In 5 years all these other guys will fill out and their skills will catch up and he will still be the same.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I'm calling draft people stupid in that statement, people who pass up on players who had less than "expectation" draft seasons like Saad or people enamored with hot late risers on draft boards. Draft evaluations have ups and downs and there are common stupid mistakes like not evaluating type over just a size line. A big body who isn't physical or doesn't use the body isn't very valuable, much less compared to a smaller guy who does in goalscoring areas.

Oh its' not hte weight.. Its the height yah that the combo of them thats the problem... Yet thats the point that isn't just Kane, maybe you're just gonna go familar there but Zuccarello who has been the Rangers best forward the last couple seasons I brought up is just 5'7" Marty St. Louis was just 5'8"

except that's not a diminutive or ever demonstrated problem. Some people work out and others dont and its not oh so much about size weight. You say oh the others will be better and grow better in 5 years... yeah if he doesn't he won't be good. But the thing is being short or light is not the reason he or others like that wont improve in 5 years, he will have to improve too and anyone drafted in the NHL like that is going to add weight.

He's also blocky, the elements of guys like St. Louis and Zucc are that they have blockiness. It's the difference in a guy like Darrell Sproles vs Garrette Wolf, Sproles was good and his body was able to handle weight and have some form and isn't just a twig, bodysize is more than the measureable.

He's also a asset and skillset that he plays to the middle and goes around the net to score. If you're mad at Shaw being traded it should already clear how size isn't a factor to playing physical or getting to areas that matter in front of the net. Shaw is a better net presence than any prospect or player like Bickell or either Hayes ever have been at playing to get to the net, if its not clear to people seeing that that size is such an oversimplified horribly judged concept by the standard way it's is just a losing out of the mind to cognitive dissonance.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm calling draft people stupid in that statement, people who pass up on players who had less than "expectation" draft seasons like Saad or people enamored with hot late risers on draft boards. Draft evaluations have ups and downs and there are common stupid mistakes like not evaluating type over just a size line. A big body who isn't physical or doesn't use the body isn't very valuable, much less compared to a smaller guy who does in goalscoring areas.

Oh its' not hte weight.. Its the height yah that the combo of them thats the problem... Yet thats the point that isn't just Kane, maybe you're just gonna go familar there but Zuccarello who has been the Rangers best forward the last couple seasons I brought up is just 5'7" Marty St. Louis was just 5'8"

except that's not a diminutive or ever demonstrated problem. Some people work out and others dont and its not oh so much about size weight. You say oh the others will be better and grow better in 5 years... yeah if he doesn't he won't be good. But the thing is being short or light is not the reason he or others like that wont improve in 5 years, he will have to improve too and anyone drafted in the NHL like that is going to add weight.

He's also blocky, the elements of guys like St. Louis and Zucc are that they have blockiness. It's the difference in a guy like Darrell Sproles vs Garrette Wolf, Sproles was good and his body was able to handle weight and have some form and isn't just a twig, bodysize is more than the measureable.

He's also a asset and skillset that he plays to the middle and goes around the net to score. If you're mad at Shaw being traded it should already clear how size isn't a factor to playing physical or getting to areas that matter in front of the net. Shaw is a better net presence than any prospect or player like Bickell or either Hayes ever have been at playing to get to the net, if its not clear to people seeing that that size is such an oversimplified horribly judged concept by the standard way it's is just a losing out of the mind to cognitive dissonance.

Ya can't hit what ya can't catch.