Andrew Shaw to the Canadiens for two second-round picks

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Good for Shaw, dude's earned a big pay day.

Hawks couldn't afford it, though. Ryan Hartman's time, now.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm keeping an out for Colborne from the Flames. Was not tendered a qualifying offer, big guy put up career numbers played bothis wing and center

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pirri was not tendered an offer by the Ducks....

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Hartman is the guy I like to step in, the question is, is he ready?

I think Hartman has a little ways to go. I know people were pretty high on him after his first shift versus NJ...but he looked pretty overmatched after that. He plays with a nice edge though and hopefully he continues to develop this summer.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I'm keeping an out for Colborne from the Flames. Was not tendered a qualifying offer, big guy put up career numbers played bothis wing and center

A lot of guys weren't tendered a qualifying offer this year - was pretty surprising but the salary cap and expansion draft in the future likely had something to do with that. Brett Connolly and Darren Helm (simply a UFA that the Wings won't re-sign apparently) are two other guys who played up and down their lineups, including plenty of time in the top 6

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hartman has a little ways to go. I know people were pretty high on him after his first shift versus NJ...but he looked pretty overmatched after that. He plays with a nice edge though and hopefully he continues to develop this summer.

Totally agree with that assessment. That first shift of his was classic though.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Sometimes oh not given a qualifying offer by young rfas is a bit overblown into something. Like its mentioned Columbus didn't tender Paliotta but it's happened before even with the hawks, you don't 1 year tender those guys because still before July 1st you've given them 2 year deals.

Maybe I'm wrong about Paliotta though and he's not being tendered because even that 950k or whatever is hurting their tight Cap situation with needing to sign Jones.

That team really highlights sure Stan has gotten into cap problems with his management.. because of winning cups and paying successful players, not like it's a shirt team and cal trouble.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk