Andrew Shaw to the Canadiens for two second-round picks

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Sorta felt inevitable, right?

Shaw was so damn good in his role, but depth guys like him can't be kept around on deals over a few million bucks when the top of the depth chart is pulling in $10 million. Hopefully Ryan Hartman is ready to make the leap.

Thanks for all the F-bombs, Shaw.

tumblr_mmd7qpTdQN1qejibco2_500.gif

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Hey Shaw, your thoughts on the rumors about the Canadiens shopping PK Subban?

tumblr_myqa3m2ycn1rs8jbdo2_250.gif

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Ima miss you Shawzie.... but you were not worth 4.5M...

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I hate this. Absolutely hate this. They lost a lot of toughness and spirit in that trade:(

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Can they sign a guy like they signed Yannic Perreault to be the developmental faceoff coach and helped Kruger there... as a net presence screening coach? That's the big loss of Shaw. What's to say Franzen or Holmstrom can't help the Hawks that way. Or maybe sign Kopecky to do that and chum it up with his buddy Hossa. Kopecky was surprisingly good at that because he probably picked it up from those Red Wings studs

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love that we're getting more of our draft picks back. Bowman actually seems to know what he's doing again.

Sad to see Shaw go but he wanted a ridiculous amount of money.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
This sucks but no way paying him over 4 mil. Got good draft compensation for someone looking to get paid like that at his talent level. Still hate losing another one of my favorites

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It's not add since Bergavan likes Shaw and Therrian the coach likes players like Shaw... but I thought he may of been more likely to go to a team that sought after him who don't have that type of Shaw player and want it. Montreal already has Brendan Gallagher who is very similar and the skillset wise Pacioretty is more grindy get to the goal rebound areas style. They aren't really adding skill to that team that it needs still if they're paying Shaw north of 4 Mil.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Hate Hate to see him go, but at the end of the day they took a 5th round pick and got them max out of him, used him in a specific role to win a cup and flipped him for 2 second round picks to get the next Shaw. Tragic in the salary cap age but this is what great teams do. Maximize talent while they grow the next generation. Saad last year Shaw this year. And others before and after. Contenders every year.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not surprised in the least. Good return. I say take 3 picks in the top 60 players instead of trading up. Remains to be seen.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
See....I love Shaw sometimes, and in the locker room...but usually I'm just pissed at the giant dick head he is during the game. He crosses the line to being a little weener ass too often...I mean how many times do we see guys just laugh at him.

He acts like a tough guy but its a joke to the other team until someone decides to put him down. He takes a trip to the box every game for all the bullshit, and then Hammer blocks 3 shots with his face for him while he looks on, then he does it again, and Hammer blocks 3 more with his face. And he looks on...and does it again.

It was cool when he made 2 million....I think we are getting out of this one in time before his body runs out of blood. I'm good with this.

If it means Ladd...then hell yeah.

But heres the thing.....CRAWFORD!!! Have you lost your damn minds in their Stan? What the fuck is going on?!! Goddmanit stop it. Just fucking stop it bro. Don't make me hunt you down.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quip instead of rant.

Well signing Malkin AND Ladd hurts boys. A few jerseys gonna have to march.

Ladd-Toews-Kane
Bread Man-In soviet Russia AA drinks you-Malkin
Fleishman-Kruger-Weisse
Garden-Rasumussen/Schmaltz-Baun/?

Yeah...Darling might be alright with that. You guys like 5-4 thrillers?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember that one time we won a franchise record number of games...then traded Garbutt and sucked ever after and fell into a spirallled sweaty frenzy of wheeling and dealing that left the farm empty, prospects gone, pay roll maxed to hell, and still no defense.

Bowman acting like he's addicted to draft picks right now.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yes... sometimes you're going to buy go all in and other times you will be selling.... it's the occasional pattern you go by.

Oddly your thing is a bit off as Stan did literally just call picks/players assets in his own word. He chose to deem them assets noting that's always an element to prospects of any kind.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh I see. It's like drunk posting, it mostly makes sense kinda.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hate Hate to see him go, but at the end of the day they took a 5th round pick and got them max out of him, used him in a specific role to win a cup and flipped him for 2 second round picks to get the next Shaw. Tragic in the salary cap age but this is what great teams do. Maximize talent while they grow the next generation. Saad last year Shaw this year. And others before and after. Contenders every year.

Great post, totally agree. I'm gonna miss him and I'm sure the dressing room will be a lot quieter.
Curious to see if they make a trade involving one of those 2nd rounders tomorrow.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now that I saw what we got, this trade sucks.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is someone going to throw a temper tantrum after every trade?

I am just saying that Shaw is going to be missed on the ice. Who is going to fill his spot that has the edge that he has? None that I can see in the organization.