Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Funny that the majority of NFL players that get caught are marijauna users. That stays in a person's system for at least a month.

vincentvega

Liked Posts:
You would have to define what type of drugs you are talking about. Cause no way are that many players on roids. They stay in your system too long and are too easy to test for.

And HGH certainly seems harder to come by unless you are in the upper echelons. These networks that get reported all involve international doctors and convoluted supply chains. I bet HGH is just not very feasible/available for mid tier and lower players.

I would define it as testosterone, anabolic steroids, HGH, EPO, amphetamines (stimulants)... And in my opinion many more players are on roids or have been on roids at some time in their sporting career..(high school, college etc..)

Athletes don't use PEDS just to get "jacked".....there are many reasons to use PEDS if you are a professional athlete...never mind the fact that players earn their livelihood and provide for their families through sport....PEDS can do numerous things from making muscles larger to increasing red blood cell production or blood flow or increase oxygen intake, increase lung capacity, increase endurance, aid in repair and recovery etc...The guy next to them is taking every advantage to take their spot. If they aren't doing everything they can to stay one step a head of their competition they sure should be...

Also masking agents, athletes timing their "usage cycle" based on the testing procedures, doctors/individuals altering test results, inside information on tests, and PEDS becoming harder and harder to find in ones system distort the playing field.. Don't forget many of the PEDS only increase that which your body already produces so knowing what is natural and what is enhanced is increasingly difficult...

And all of that stuff is simple to get...not even that expensive...the average person can literally walk in to "certain" doctors offices and get a lot of this a stuff through their insurance..the black market is just as easy if not easier to access...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Brian Urlacher's "history" is a carbon copy of Matthews'...lightly recruited HS player who was 5-10 and 165 pound safety as a sophomore. Goes to New Mexico (one of only 2 scholarship offers). Turns into 6-4, 250 lb athletic freak.

Urlacher is different than Matthews in that he grew half a foot in his late teens. That equates to probably 40 lbs alone. Not saying he never took steroids but his situation is definitely not a carbon copy of Matthews.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody that weight 240 plus and running 4.5 40's while bench pressing over 400 is most likely on the juice. I have personally never met someone in life that can do that who wasn't on something

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anybody that weight 240 plus and running 4.5 40's while bench pressing over 400 is most likely on the juice. I have personally never met someone in life that can do that who wasn't on something

Hey, maybe you are right, but nobody really gives a fuck who you have or have not met. What you have encountered in your individual life is not really evidence of shit.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hey, maybe you are right, but nobody really gives a fuck who you have or have not met. What you have encountered in your individual life is not really evidence of shit.

Thanks, you have brought some excellent evidence yourself.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Some people are genetic freaks and can bench 200 lbs their very first time lifting. Others can eat whatever they want and always have a six pack.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some people are genetic freaks and can bench 200 lbs their very first time lifting. Others can eat whatever they want and always have a six pack.

Yes, genetics has a lot to do with it. But, we are talking pro athletes. Everyone is looking for that edge or to keep up. What did Bo Jackson say? They created steroids so people could be like him. lol

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Urlacher is different than Matthews in that he grew half a foot in his late teens. That equates to probably 40 lbs alone. Not saying he never took steroids but his situation is definitely not a carbon copy of Matthews.

I agree with you about that. You don't grow height-wise with that shit. Matthews was a text book case of steroids. There were a lot of people at USC that experienced a huge change in their bodies with Pete Carroll's vitamin regimen:(

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Urlacher grew 6 inches in his late teens, so its expected that a lightly-recruited HS football player enrolls at New Mexico, plays safety, and becomes one of the most dominant MLBs in NFL history, and arguably the most athletic MLB in NFL history. That's normal. But when a third-generation NFL player makes it in the league, he must be on steroids because he only grew 2 inches in his late teens (from 6-1 to 6-3).

If it makes you feel better, I think they both did them heavily.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Urlacher grew 6 inches in his late teens, so its expected that a lightly-recruited HS football player enrolls at New Mexico, plays safety, and becomes one of the most dominant MLBs in NFL history, and arguably the most athletic MLB in NFL history. That's normal. But when a third-generation NFL player makes it in the league, he must be on steroids because he only grew 2 inches in his late teens (from 6-1 to 6-3).

You can't teach stupid.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
The rumor in the 2008(?) NFL Draft was that Cushing and Matthews were busted doping while at USC and their agents denied the report. Cushing won the AFC Defensive Rookie Award and got busted but Matthews didn't...probably because he played for GB

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Correct. You are a genetic freak in that category.

I used to think that everyone on CCS was Special person. Then I realized its just the same few idiots in each sports subforum posting the same stupid crap on a daily basis. Its truly phenomenal that something as elementary as pro sports could produce such a wealth of stupid viewpoints. What are you even trying to say with your whole Urlacher-Matthews thing? The only conclusion I can draw is that you think Urlacher didn't do steroids because he's taller than Matthews. Perhaps my mind cannot comprehend such idiocy, and its my misunderstanding?

What did my last sentence in post 44 say?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
To all posters:

This is not rocket science. If person A puts on 60 lbs of muscle in 3 years while getting marginally taller, they LIKELY took steroids. If another person puts on 60 lbs of total weight in 3 years but also grows 6 inches, they probably only put on 20-30 lbs of muscle. That person MIGHT have taken steroids but it is not as obvious as the first example.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Nothing that was relevant, which I thought I made clear in post #58. I specifically said Urlacher's "history" is similar to Matthews in that both were small in HS, both weren't recruited highly, both turned into top NFL players...I never said Brian Urlacher is physically a carbon copy of Clay Matthews. You have no brain.

You said "Brian Urlacher's "history" is a carbon copy of Matthews"

There is so much wrong with that in just about every sense real or imagined. For starters, look at what positions they played growing up and the backgrounds they came from. Lot's of players are small, not heavily recruited and make it. What matters is how you got there. Matthews road to the NFL is nothing like Urlachers.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Makes sense. Urlacher put on 85 pounds, but probably only 20 lbs of it was muscle. Good use of empirical scientific data to disprove the naysayers.

The point is that a MUCH LARGER PERCENTAGE of Urlacher's weight gain was based on his added height. His weight gain was a lot more natural than Matthews.

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
Brian's growth seems much more natural if we're talking about a 15 year old Urlacher and a freshman Matthews at USC.

Kids grow a ton 13-18, tons of natural steroids already in your body at that age.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Urlacher put on 60 pounds of muscle from his Sophmore to Senior year of high school. Then, when he was a junior in college until the NFL scouting combine he put on another 28 or so pounds of muscle. So, you are telling me a guy from a small high school and a small college gained 80 plus pounds of muscle in 6 years while still keeping a sub 4.6 40 with no nutritionist and probably a shitty work out plan. Sure, some of that is natural growth but I guarantee you he needed a boost somewhere.

I had a friend in HS graduated at 6'3 180. In two years, he was 250 and bench pressing 425. It was his natural growth of sticking needles in his ass.