Five starters on NL All Star team for Cubs

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I voted only once but I took it seriously. Kyle Schwarber was starting in the outfield for my team.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
How do you "make history" when you are the second to do something? 1963 Cards had 4 NL starters in the IF as well. Seems like an odd way to categorize it. Kind of a hollow accomplishment, too.

Well, when I came across it. I thought we were the first. Then, I learned the '63 Cards did it. I didnt retract my statement because Im lazy. So, thanks for doing it for me.

DanTown

Liked Posts:
Not singling you out...I've seen news sources say the same thing..."Cubs make history..."

First to have an entire IF voted in, one of the Cardinals was an injury replacement is what makes it historic compared to the Cardinals.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thanks. How were the all-star teams selected in 1963? Did they do fan balloting?

Players and managers. Fan balloting started much earlier but one year in the 50's some team stuffed the boxes and it was put to an end till the early 70's.

Far better choices were made by the players and managers IMOP.

partlowr

Liked Posts:
Bryant and Rizzo definitely deserve it, a few of the other guys are playing like crap right now. It's cool but at the same time they need to find a way to start winning some games, this last month has been pretty bad.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bob Brenly is like super angry Addison Russell made the team. But, it was also super funny on how dumb he was about it. He was like if the game is going to count then the managers should make the roster because Russell isnt an all star. He said if the game counted you know Billy Hamilton would be on the team if you are trying to win. His partner goes, "Billy Hamilton should not be on an all star team either." Brenly gets stumped is like yea, but it is managers choice. lol I like Brenly, but he goes on rants that are so dumb. Russell didnt deserve making it, but it isnt his fault. Also, its not like he is this awful player. He is going to make all star games on his own merit. The fans just jumped the gun.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I personally think the ballots are rigged..

Year after year lately, we see the hot/popular teams get high amount of players voted in
OR
The popular young player get in
OR
That retiring player makes it that ESPN / MLB drools over all year

I think the hot item this year because the Cubs got off to a great start was the hot young infielders, zobrist aside.

MLB wants to get Rizzo Bryant and Russell faces out there to baseball fans as future stars of the game.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Bob Brenly is like super angry Addison Russell made the team. But, it was also super funny on how dumb he was about it. He was like if the game is going to count then the managers should make the roster because Russell isnt an all star. He said if the game counted you know Billy Hamilton would be on the team if you are trying to win. His partner goes, "Billy Hamilton should not be on an all star team either." Brenly gets stumped is like yea, but it is managers choice. lol I like Brenly, but he goes on rants that are so dumb. Russell didnt deserve making it, but it isnt his fault. Also, its not like he is this awful player. He is going to make all star games on his own merit. The fans just jumped the gun.

Billy Hamilton makes my team if I'm choosing it. You have a guy who you can plug in as a pinch runner and instantly have a guy standing on 2nd base with a more than decent shot of stealing 3rd in a clutch situation.

Kid can't hit his way out of a paper bag, but would steal 100 bases if he could.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Billy Hamilton makes my team if I'm choosing it. You have a guy who you can plug in as a pinch runner and instantly have a guy standing on 2nd base with a more than decent shot of stealing 3rd in a clutch situation.

Kid can't hit his way out of a paper bag, but would steal 100 bases if he could.

That's the point. He isn't an all star himself which contradicted Brently's whole rant

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I think all the Cubs all stars should stay home this year and get the rest they need and try not to suck in the second half