Five starters on NL All Star team for Cubs

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Not since the 1963 Cardinals has one team started the entire infield for an All Star team. I just hope they win because it means HFA in the World Series. But Russell, Zobrist, Rizzo, Bryant and Fowler will start for the NL. It will be like watching a Cubs game. Im actually going because my brother lives in San Diego. :)
I hope Arrieta participates in the HR derby like he has said he would like to. Would make it very interesting because Arrieta can launch the ball. He has the longest HR by a pitcher this year.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Wonder how many guys we could get as reserves. We had like 8 All Stars in 2008.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Arrieta and Lester are locks. Maybe Rondon. The best pitching staff should send at least 2 guys, right?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is getting ridiculous. Cubs phenom hitter is hurt, they still have the best collection of young superstars,

then Baez and Contreras turn up Roses.

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
This is getting ridiculous. Cubs phenom hitter is hurt, they still have the best collection of young superstars,

then Baez and Contreras turn up Roses.

Yeah and its about time. The Cubs have been rebuilding for so long. They finally got a GM who knows how to draft and develop players. Baez, Contreras, Almora have all been great in limited time up in the big leagues. All 3 will be all stars probably next year if not the year after. Had Baez been playing more third and Bryant had been playing more LF Baez would probably be going this year too.

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
Probably Arrieta, maybe Lester

That should be it

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk

Yeah, that's about the only 2 I can think of. That 08 team was good and had some good AS players, crazy we can almost match it this year, even though Russell is voted as a starter, he's the only one who almost doesn't deserve it, offensively anyway.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Yeah and its about time. The Cubs have been rebuilding for so long. They finally got a GM who knows how to draft and develop players. Baez, Contreras, Almora have all been great in limited time up in the big leagues. All 3 will be all stars probably next year if not the year after. Had Baez been playing more third and Bryant had been playing more LF Baez would probably be going this year too.
Not being an ass, but how has Almora been great in his limited time?
He has 2 hits in last 24 AB

Or are you just talking defensively

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Yeah, that's about the only 2 I can think of. That 08 team was good and had some good AS players, crazy we can almost match it this year, even though Russell is voted as a starter, he's the only one who almost doesn't deserve it, offensively anyway.
Russell doesnt deserve it defensively. He is nowhere near the best SS in baseball

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
Not being an ass, but how has Almora been great in his limited time?
He has 2 hits in last 24 AB

Or are you just talking defensively

I guess Im mainly talking defensively. The guy has a great glove in CF and can really go get the ball. Maddon just needs to play him more and his bat will come around. The guy really drives the ball when he hits it and that's something you can't teach. A lot of his outs have been line drives right at someone. He could easily be hitting over .700 OPS. I can almost guarantee he will be an all star within 3 years probably less. :)

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I don't mind Fowler, Rizzo, Zobrist and Bryant starting. Russell doesn't deserve it though.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
If russell makes it and I'm the Met's manager I'm pulling him in the 3rd inning

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I think the only starter you cannot argue is Fowler. A case can be made for and against the others. No case can be made for Russell however.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Seems like we are all agreed about Russell. Let's start a campaign to get him out of the all star game and get a deserving candidate voted in

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the only starter you cannot argue is Fowler. A case can be made for and against the others. No case can be made for Russell however.

Who cares, the only one that shouldnt be an all-star is Russell. The starting thing means little. Fukudome was an NL starter before in '08. Zobrist, Fowler, Bryant, and Rizzo are all all-stars by performance.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Seems like we are all agreed about Russell. Let's start a campaign to get him out of the all star game and get a deserving candidate voted in

No thanks. I like it that the fans can be irrational yet rational. Irrational on who deserves it yet rational as it's still the fans game and they vote for who they want to see.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Russell will end up AS MVP now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
No thanks. I like it that the fans can be irrational yet rational. Irrational on who deserves it yet rational as it's still the fans game and they vote for who they want to see.
Not sure that I totally agree. You know the story of the 57 Reds and how their fans stuffed the ballot boxes to get 7 in. That doesnt represent who the fans want, just a form of Chicago democratic politics

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Not sure that I totally agree. You know the story of the 57 Reds and how their fans stuffed the ballot boxes to get 7 in. That doesnt represent who the fans want, just a form of Chicago democratic politics

And I get that. However, there is an easy solution to the issue. VOTE EARLY AND OFTEN outside of Cincy