No George Lucas museum=We keep the Bears tailgate parking lot!!!

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
WOOO! Kiss my ass nerds, the party lots keepin on buddies! Didn't want some lame star wars exhibit off of the lake anyways.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/ct-lucas-museum-california-20160624-story.html

fckya.gif

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Star Wars > everything

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Cool, now you can still pay a shitload to tailgate for one hour. Meanwhile, the city loses a project that would've generated massive amounts of jobs and money. Of course, the proposed deal also increased tailgating spots by 200, but whatevs.

Alfalfa

Liked Posts:
Cool, now you can still pay a shitload to tailgate for one hour. Meanwhile, the city loses a project that would've generated massive amounts of jobs and money. Of course, the proposed deal also increased tailgating spots by 200, but whatevs.

Where were they moving the tailgating spots to? The plan I saw moved most of the parking underground which probably precluded any tailgating, at least if you want to do any grilling.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wow, back-door, BS politics running amok in Chicago. Good decisions, bad decisions, the place is politically fucked up. I don't know how I felt about the proposed project. The jobs and tourism would be good for the city. But is that the best place for it? I don't know why the Parks Dept. gives a shit, but they obviously do. Maybe they should stick to having the worst playing field surface in the NFL.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Exactly. It would never attract or get the demand that something like the Field Museum or Shed Aquarium does.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic, I hope it is. A SW museum on the lakefront museum campus would have outdrawn all the other museums combined.

Urblock

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Where the hell is the I Don't Care forum?

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Imagine if they build a Jay Cutler Museum...you would probably go, right?

"And behind the protected glass, here is the $126 million contract which the delegates of the thirteen original colonies signed on..."

[emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7][emoji7]

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Shut up nerd

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
There were numerous other sites, but Lucas refused to consider any of them. Fuck him. Why people obsess over him or would go to a museum for his shitty movies I have no idea(empire strikes back is good, I'll give him that). Why did it have to be on the lake front? To satiate Lucas's ego and inflated sense of importance?

If the city wants revenue just legalize weed already.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
It wasn't a star wars museum, it was a cultural arts museum. There would be more than just star wars. George Lucas was donating a billion dollars worth of art to display at the museum and paying all the construction costs. They wanted it near the other museums, which is why they choose that location.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk