Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We invitedo a Russian goalie not sure of the name

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few of the IHN posters used to attend these and post pics/updates on the yewt. Would be nice if anyone cares to contribute their opinion and share pics should they attend.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
A few of the IHN posters used to attend these and post pics/updates on the yewt. Would be nice if anyone cares to contribute their opinion and share pics should they attend.

I used to go every year when it was in Bensonville. No way I'm going to the city for it now.
I'm sure someone from CCS will be attending.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to go every year when it was in Bensonville. No way I'm going to the city for it now.
I'm sure someone from CCS will be attending.

Grimson and HeHateMe are going. Kind of disappointed in you doe, not going because of a little bit further distance and a little traffic.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Grimson and HeHateMe are going. Kind of disappointed in you doe, not going because of a little bit further distance and a little traffic.

I was going to go with them, but my wife ended up planning our vacation a week earlier.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Going requires missing work, and that going there would mean more missed time. I'm on commissions.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I used to go when it was at the Edge, and us IHN clowns were basically the only buttheads in the building.
I have been to the camp at ND a couple of times, but I honestly don't care to fight the crowds anymore (and the scores of 40 year old men asking for autographs).

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I used to go when it was at the Edge, and us IHN clowns were basically the only buttheads in the building.
I have been to the camp at ND a couple of times, but I honestly don't care to fight the crowds anymore (and the scores of 40 year old men asking for autographs).

:cringe:

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yep, the team sucked back then but it was nice to have a row of setting all to yourself. Really easy to talk to the players too.
Once Kane and Toews got here, the Edge became packed and it just wasn't the same.
Not to be negative about the teams success at all, I've loved every minute of it. The current training camps are just one of the changes success brings...

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yep, the team sucked back then but it was nice to have a row of setting all to yourself. Really easy to talk to the players too.
Once Kane and Toews got here, the Edge became packed and it just wasn't the same.
Not to be negative about the teams success at all, I've loved every minute of it. The current training camps are just one of the changes success brings...

Yeah, I think that's what made the first Cup run so special (and the run to the WCF the year before). The Hawks were still a bit of a secret around town until that Cup win. By the time they won the second one, they'd damn near taken over the city. I'd much rather have the success, of course. It's just crazy to see how their popularity exploded.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Added a link in the original post for the rosters.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Team C to me seems loaded with talent

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Team C is separated as the more nhl ready group and they don't team vs team scrimmage like the others.

They did that last year too as guys like McNeil, Hino, Kero, Gustafson, n such. Older/close to ready guys stayed seperated.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Will try and update but I've been bogged down with a move last week and work hell this week. If anyone wants to share some tweets or their own thoughts, please do so.

The usual Hawks beat reporters are there. Lazerus had some good things to say about 2014 5th round pick Luc Snuggerud and Powers was complimentary of DeBrincat's skills in spite of his size.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Why no Pokka?
He has a leg injury probably from the World Championship tourney... And he'll want to be healthy as he's gonna be on the world cup tourney too.

The downside of missing prospect camp isn't much at this point as probably hid ability to be working on his skating between seasons

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Some good articles on the web about Hartman and Schmaltz trying to make the team.

Schmaltz went into his decision in prospect camp interviews, his decision to leave North Dakota early for chance with Blackhawks and it being the right place for him. He has been told clearly they need low cap bodies and he has a good chance, will be given opportunity.

So will Hartman.

I just wish we had Dano/Teuvo/Johns in the system still to engine us with those two and Baun.

Desjardins-Schmaltz-TT should have been a thing.

I still think Dano-Toews-Hossa gave us some of the most exciting minutes at that 1LW all season. We didn't stick with it long enough, chances were coming. Toews and Dano just kept clubbing point blank opportunities, but they were coming.

Dano-Toews-Hossa
Pan-AA-Kane
Desjardins-Schmaltz-TT
Hartman-Kruger-(Panik + Farm)

I could have felt good about. Not just good, but I think TT and Schmaltz were a match made in heaven. They however, seemed to think Schmaltz replaces or upgrades TT, rather than vision the chemistry their games could compliment.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
I just can not take all this hockey chatter at once. It's too much. I need more meds.