Prospect Camp July 10-15

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm actually going to the convention tomorrow.
Scored free passes.

Obviously worth it for you because they're free, but I've heard those conventions have just been overrun with creepy, old autograph seekers. Plus the lines just keeping getting more and more absurd as the Hawks get more and more popular.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Bowman gave camp praise toply to nhl experienced guys and Q said he really liked Hino.

Depending on who can bring more 2 way game combined with speed and skill between him and Schmaltz will be a factor to getting top 6 besides Toews opportunities.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Obviously worth it for you because they're free, but I've heard those conventions have just been overrun with creepy, old autograph seekers. Plus the lines just keeping getting more and more absurd as the Hawks get more and more popular.

I'm going to see how badly the merch is overpriced.
Standing in line for hours to get autographs? Fuck that. I don't know grown adults can do that-- unless you have kids and it's for them.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I'm going to see how badly the merch is overpriced.
Standing in line for hours to get autographs? Fuck that. I don't know grown adults can do that-- unless you have kids and it's for them.

The best part are the guys who bring their infants in line ... "can you sign this for my kid?" Fuck off, man.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
The best part are the guys who bring their infants in line ... "can you sign this for my kid?" Fuck off, man.

Yep.
I'm glad my passes were free. That was an underwhelming convention.
The live auction was cool. I got outbid for the 2 items I was going after.
This is what I don't get (a few things) :
Why does someone bid and win a $600 game used stick, but can't afford a real jersey. If you wanna wear a knockoff because you're a poor fan, fine-- but to spend that much on a stick, but can't pony up for at least a replica? Come on, dude.
Panarin's game used stick went for 1400+. A Toews game used went for 950. I get it's from the Calder winning campaign, but that was the highest price item in the auction on Saturday.
The last thing that's troubling: all of the knockoff merchandise. At least 70% of the sweaters (many of them signed) were knockoffs. Very bad ones at that. I thought the Blackhawks would've taken more care in order to prevent this.
On a good note-- I spent some time with Frank and Gene Honda. Gene is a funny dude.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I also heard that Foley ripped Havlat again. I wan't there to see it, but if I was at the session I would ask Foley what Havlat do to draw Pat's ire.
Every time the Hawks played a team with Havlat on it, Foley took a good amount of broadcast time to rip Marty. Not sure if anyone else noticed that over the years, but I waited for it every game, and Pat did not disappoint.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I heard Foley had been ripping on Havlat, I've never heard anything negative come from MH so WTF Foley? What is Foley's beef?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I know it was about multiple vets but I thought a big part of Savard 's commit to the Indian rant was about Havlat.

He also then publicly criticized the organization for Tallon being usurped and Hossa being signed instead of keeping Havlat.

Havlat never had a full healthy year of good effort for the hawks but that 08/09 last contract year.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember people were in a bit of a panic about re-signing Havlat. But then the Hossa contract was announced and people were, Martin who?

Havlat had the bad shoulder that caused him to miss a lot of games then had it surgically repaired and was ready for the 08/09 season.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Hino can skate and thats where the league is headed.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember people were in a bit of a panic about re-signing Havlat. But then the Hossa contract was announced and people were, Martin who?

Havlat had the bad shoulder that caused him to miss a lot of games then had it surgically repaired and was ready for the 08/09 season.

That's how I remember it too. A lot of worry that he's even be fully healthy.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I know it was about multiple vets but I thought a big part of Savard 's commit to the Indian rant was about Havlat.

He also then publicly criticized the organization for Tallon being usurped and Hossa being signed instead of keeping Havlat.

Havlat never had a full healthy year of good effort for the hawks but that 08/09 last contract year.

Which is fair, TBH.
Then again, this current administration wants your full support. Which reminds me, my season ticket invoice is due soon.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
Which is fair, TBH.
Then again, this current administration wants your full support. Which reminds me, my season ticket invoice is due soon.
I thought for sure by now they had them due by the trade deadline of last season?