4 yr 44 million, WR Allen....Jeffery worth?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
comparable WR to Alshon Jeffery.

TD's, ability, draft range, and injury history similar.

Mitchapalooza

Keenan was a ppr godsend last year in fantasy until his injury. Was on pace for a crazy amount of receptions.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Jeffery and his people will point at the stats, Alshon has better numbers than Keenan Allen.

YPR
Jeffery 14.9
Allen 11.9

TD's, yards, receptions, pretty much every category. They do however both have first names for last names.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, his 67 receptions in only 89 targets was incredible. That's getting into Jeremy Langford territory.

Yeah, lol, it IS pretty funny you said you had to look him up, then talked about how he fits with Rivers for a paragraph.

Allen was drafted higher, and his numbers last year are the exact same as Jeffery, and they both suck because they both missed a bunch of games.

PAPABEAR77

Liked Posts:
he will get more probably 4yr 55mil probably 60-70% guaranteed imo . allen is not the wr Jeffery is when healthy

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, lol, it IS pretty funny you said you had to look him up, then talked about how he fits with Rivers for a paragraph.

Well, once we know who is being discussed wouldn't it make sense to offer an actual opinion? I had no clue who you were referencing, and also thought it was Hurns, but now that I know it's Keenan Allen then I would be able to offer an informed opinion as your non-specific thread title doesn't change how much of Keenan Allen I've seen over the past few years.

Lay off the pipe.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Thought he was talking about Allen Hurns' 4yr/$40M contract. I had to look up who he was actually talking about. You are the worst poster in CCS history.

I thought I was the worst poster in CCS history?

Woods

Chicago Bears Fan
Liked Posts:
If the Bears sign Jeffery for 44 million I will eat my shoe.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this Keenan Allen contract becomes important IF Jeffery gets hurt again this year. With Allen you are talking about a high talent level that has performed when in the game, but gotten injured every year.

If Jeffery gets hurt yet again thats who he is.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jeffery is scary because of his weird attitude. Imo, he shows pretty much the exact signs of a player that will become complacent or pouty with a big contract. There is good reason to be nervous about this whole situation.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think this Keenan Allen contract becomes important IF Jeffery gets hurt again this year. With Allen you are talking about a high talent level that has performed when in the game, but gotten injured every year.

If Jeffery gets hurt yet again thats who he is.
LOL what?

Keenan Allen has 16 career TD's. Jeffery had 10 alone a few years ago.

In either case, we have seen each guy play multiple full seasons. When each are healthy Jeffery is easily the better player than Allen...and I like Allen quite a bit.

Jeffery's partial year last year was nearly as good as Allen's last full season.

Jeffery '15(9 games): 54rec 840 yards 4TD's
Allen '14(14 games): 77rec 783 yards 4 TD's

Last edited:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Yeah, his 67 receptions in only 89 targets was incredible. That's getting into Jeremy Langford territory.

It is clear you are out of your comfort zone on this one.

First of all, 67 rec. out of 89 targets is 75.3% which actually IS incredible. To put it in perspective, Antonio Brown had a catch percentage of 70.5 percent and Julio Jones had a catch percentage of 67 percent.

On top of that, this was achieved in only 8 games. He was also on pace for 1400 yards.

LOL @ "San Diego could have signed a different WR and gotten the same production as Keenan Allen."

How the fuck do you not know who Keenan Allen is?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is clear you are out of your comfort zone on this one.

First of all, 67 rec. out of 89 targets is 75.3% which actually IS incredible. To put it in perspective, Antonio Brown had a catch percentage of 70.5 percent and Julio Jones had a catch percentage of 67 percent.

On top of that, this was achieved in only 8 games. He was also on pace for 1400 yards.

LOL @ "San Diego could have signed a different WR and gotten the same production as Keenan Allen."

How the fuck do you not know who Keenan Allen is?
Allen to me isn't a dynamic player. He had a Marty Booker-esque 10.8 Y/R last season. He was a high volume target/catch guy on a very uneven offense. I think you're missing the point of the remark about "replacing Allen". It, to me, was more of a remark to the type/quality of player Allen is compared to Jeffery. Jeffery is a dynamic player and down the field force. Allen is a VERY poor man's Brandon Marshall type, ie: a big possession receiver.... he's not a game changer or breaker.

The Chargers could much more easily replace Allen's production/impact than the Bears could Jeffery's. I think that was the point. At least that's the way I took it/read it.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Keenan was a ppr godsend last year in fantasy until his injury. Was on pace for a crazy amount of receptions.

That's what I thought too, especially b/c he was on my team. I think AJ will be a slightly bigger contract. And worth it if he can stay on the field.