Yankees want Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Cause right now, I wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for a relief pitcher despite how good a reliever he is...

If I'm trading Schwarber straight up for a pitcher, it would have to be for a TOR type starter.

That's why I say if Epstein set on getting Miller and the Yankees want Schwarber, then if I'm Epstein I try and make this a bigger deal and get more like Chapman or the righty reliever added even if it cost a couple lesser prospects more like Vogelbach, etc.

You make dealing away a potential big bat like Schwarber worth something more then just a good reliever

Sent from my LG-V495 using Tapatalk
Schwarber wouldnt get a TOR starter, get real

How many times do I have to keep saying the Yankees have a 1B on DL they love (Bird). Stop trying to force Vogelbach on them

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You know whats real interesting. If you go back 4 years, lefties hit Miller a good deal better. .214 AVG. Still not great, but righties struggle tremendously against him.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber wouldnt get a TOR starter, get real

How many times do I have to keep saying the Yankees have a 1B on DL they love (Bird). Stop trying to force Vogelbach on them

Schwarber went from untouchable 3 months ago to trade him for a reliever because he isnt worth more than that. Did you use to give advice to the old Cubs gm's because that would make sense.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Schwarber went from untouchable 3 months ago to trade him for a reliever because he isnt worth more than that. Did you use to give advice to the old Cubs gm's because that would make sense.

This is the same guy who said Kris Bryant shouldn't hit third because "Dr. Loopyswing." Are you really surprised?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I never said the Cubs should trade Schwarber for a releiver

CubsWin

Liked Posts:
Yeah, maybe Schwarber wouldn't bring a TOR starter (at this point) in return, but that's what it would take to pry him away. What that means is Schwarber isn't going anywhere.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

He was Salty Saltwell's right hand man.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
This is the same guy who said Kris Bryant shouldn't hit third because "Dr. Loopyswing." Are you really surprised?

Well, Ommy would love the column I saw on CBS Sports today dissing all over Bryant. In a nutshell, it came to the conclusion he is overrated because he is not Pujols, Cabrera or Trout. (As of ANYONE anywhere had him rated that high). But the guy ripped on him due to his "long, loopy swing".

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I'm offically retracting what I said about Bryant at the start of the year. Last year he was Dr Loopyswing and no one can deny it. This year he made a swing change and no longer has a big ole loopy swing. I was unaware that he made those changes in the offseason. So, I stand corrected and he is now back in the good graces of Omelet

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, its laughable for Miller the way bullpen guys come and go. You remember when Bob Howry and Scott Eyre were going to bring us to the promise land?

How about Carlos Marmol, Greg Gagne, Jonathan Broxton, etc. etc. etc. Relievers are so violatile. Im a believer in not giving up any big pieces for one.
If the Cubs care about winning, they'll get back Sean Marshall

cubsmann

Liked Posts:
I know some of you think Miller is so great but there's no way Theo is giving the Yankees Schwarber for Miller. But we do have to entertain the possibility that Schwarber comes back and isn't what he was before due to his knee injury. There's no way to tell whether he will be Adrian Peterson who came back from a torn ACL to dominate the NFL or whether he will never fully recover and his play will suffer as a result.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm offically retracting what I said about Bryant at the start of the year. Last year he was Dr Loopyswing and no one can deny it. This year he made a swing change and no longer has a big ole loopy swing. I was unaware that he made those changes in the offseason. So, I stand corrected and he is now back in the good graces of Omelet

:nelson::cubspalm::dontsay::office:

DrGonzo

Gazpacho Police
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would have traded Schwarber for an AL solid starting pitcher or even a phenom pitching prospect before he was injured. I would sure as hell do it now.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I know some of you think Miller is so great but there's no way Theo is giving the Yankees Schwarber for Miller. But we do have to entertain the possibility that Schwarber comes back and isn't what he was before due to his knee injury. There's no way to tell whether he will be Adrian Peterson who came back from a torn ACL to dominate the NFL or whether he will never fully recover and his play will suffer as a result.

Football players are a terrible comp for how any baseball player might recover from a major knee injury. The ability to plant and change direction at speed is much more important to a football player than it is to an outfielder. In all likelihood Schwarber will return as the same player he was before.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
Consider the extreme. Kyle is done and never recovers. What affect does it really have on the Cubs team? None. Really it doesn't. The organizational depth can suffer a few of these on the offensive side of the ball and have to do absolutely nothing going forward. No need to make a trade, or call up a kid on the "fast track." So even if Kyle never returns to play another game at a high level, the cost is zip. So if that is the case, why trade Kyle on the "cheap" as there is no reason to do so?

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
Consider the extreme. Kyle is done and never recovers. What affect does it really have on the Cubs team? None. Really it doesn't. The organizational depth can suffer a few of these on the offensive side of the ball and have to do absolutely nothing going forward. No need to make a trade, or call up a kid on the "fast track." So even if Kyle never returns to play another game at a high level, the cost is zip. So if that is the case, why trade Kyle on the "cheap" as there is no reason to do so?

I couldn't agree more. Sheehan's argument, and he reiterated and restated it on WSCR yesterday afternoon, is that he doesn't have a position and the Cubs will have to trade him anyway so why not trade him for Miller who can help now and in the future. To me that doesn't hold water in that when/if he is healthy his value will be even higher and as you say even worse case scenario it isn't an enormous risk. The whole thing is ludicrous to me.

Washington

Liked Posts:
In all likelihood Schwarber will return as the same player he was before.

Which was a terrible defensive player regardless of where he played. He's a liability in the field and needs to be a DH. I'd make the trade for Miller straight up. The team has loads of bats and LH pitchers like Miller are hard to come by and huge assets come playoff time. You gotta give to get. It would not hurt for Theo to ask for the pie to be sweetened but I doubt he'd win that battle. Some contender will end up with Miller and I hope if it is not us, that it does not come back to haunt us.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Which was a terrible defensive player regardless of where he played. He's a liability in the field and needs to be a DH. I'd make the trade for Miller straight up. The team has loads of bats and LH pitchers like Miller are hard to come by and huge assets come playoff time. You gotta give to get. It would not hurt for Theo to ask for the pie to be sweetened but I doubt he'd win that battle. Some contender will end up with Miller and I hope if it is not us, that it does not come back to haunt us.

I dont think he was any worse than Soler in left. I dont get where he was terrible. He had a couple of misplays last year because he was learning the position. I saw Almora misplay a ball yesterday and he is a stud on defense. His injury was a freak accident not because he was a terrible defender. Two guys went hard for a ball and it ended badly. I mean have people seen some of the left fielders in this league. Ryan Braun anyone? Sure, he will never be all world but he isnt killing a team out there and has a strong arm. He still could probably catch one game a week. Also, what if something happens to Rizzo? His back is giving him trouble and he did have cancer at one point in his life.