Yankees want Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

Washington

Liked Posts:
I dont think he was any worse than Soler in left. . Also, what if something happens to Rizzo? His back is giving him trouble and he did have cancer at one point in his life.

I think he was far worse than Soler with a fraction of the arm. It would scare me to death to see Schwarber at 1st. It takes good D to win championships come playoff time. You can get away with it to an extent in the regular season but any error is costly come the playoffs.

He is a defensive liability who fits far better in the AL IMHO. I'd be making that trade for Miller, a trade based off a strength in the organization. The team should be even better next year hitting wise when the current players mature another year and Heyward gets his head out of his ass. Pitching is a commodity we don't have in the minors. The team is proving it does not need Schwarber to win.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How much are you all willing to pay Miller when the time comes to be a reliever?

ZAN

Liked Posts:
Which was a terrible defensive player regardless of where he played. He's a liability in the field and needs to be a DH. I'd make the trade for Miller straight up. The team has loads of bats and LH pitchers like Miller are hard to come by and huge assets come playoff time. You gotta give to get. It would not hurt for Theo to ask for the pie to be sweetened but I doubt he'd win that battle. Some contender will end up with Miller and I hope if it is not us, that it does not come back to haunt us.

You don't sell yourself short because of a player's defensive shortcomings. His offensive productions outweighed his defensive issues.

People forget that Kyle played only 41 games in the regular season in the outfield. He's very new at the position. They say he's poor behind the plate because there's a lot that goes into it (managing the staff, calling the pitches, framing, blocking, throwing out runners, etc...). But outfield can be learned. Look at Ryan Braun. They literally tried to hide him in the outfield at first. Obviously he's a bit more athletic than Schwarber, but let's not write the kid off already. If Schwarber can be a 0.0 dWAR in LF (he was a -0.7 last year), you take it.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he was far worse than Soler with a fraction of the arm. It would scare me to death to see Schwarber at 1st. It takes good D to win championships come playoff time. You can get away with it to an extent in the regular season but any error is costly come the playoffs.

He is a defensive liability who fits far better in the AL IMHO. I'd be making that trade for Miller, a trade based off a strength in the organization. The team should be even better next year hitting wise when the current players mature another year and Heyward gets his head out of his ass. Pitching is a commodity we don't have in the minors. The team is proving it does not need Schwarber to win.

Fraction of the arm? Lol no, Schwarber has a strong arm. That's why they kept pushing him at catcher because of his strong arm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Washington

Liked Posts:
People make it sound like relief pitchers are a dime a dozen with little value, especially left handers. A guy like Miller is huge come playoff time when managers earn their keep. We are lacking in the pen with LHPs right now and they are trying like heck to make that right. Miller can be a differentiator, especially come playoff time.

We should win it all this year without Schwarber. The hitting will be better next year too due to another year of maturity and the hope Heyward can't be worse than he's been this year. Heyward is hitting like crap but everyone praises his fielding because fielding is important. Hmmm...

I like Schwarber but I also want to see our weakness addressed and it can be addressed with a great player versus one based on potential coming off a serious injury who is a liability no matter where he plays in the field. Some contender will get Miller and be very happy they did. You are going to see the other contending teams making moves but it sounds like all our fans don't care if we win it all and are not willing to give to get. They want high value for a low price. As long as we're competitive next year, it doesn't matter how this year ends is how I am reading most here.

If your organization is built right, losing one good player should not impact it. Theo proved that this year when he lost Schwarber for the season yet others came up and have played well.

Thank God the Hawks are run as they are!

czman

Liked Posts:
I think we all agree that Schwarber will probably be a very good hitter. The problem is where do you play him. You need your legs to hit too. With the injury, I don't see him behind the plate. His weight and all of that crouching will probably be too much for him and it will most likely kill his hitting.

In LF, I seriously question if his legs will hold up for an entire season. Look at Holliday. I know he is old, but he is a shell of himself. If Schwarber looks like that at the plate and in the field in 4 years, better to trade him now. I have no clue if he can hold up over the 5 years. I kind of lean towards no, unless he moves to first or DH. Moreover, it may take two years before he fully recovers from this injury. Waiting two years only to see him fall apart a few years later seems like a huge risk.

I think he has more value than Miller. The best time to deal Schwarber may be next year after he proves he can hit again.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I went and looked up Schwarber stats from last year, in all honesty it not totally impressive.
I understand the kid young and has potential
BUT

232 AB .246
.143 VS. LHers

After his hot start
.340ish in first 65 AB

Aug. 85 AB .221
Sept. 72 AB .208

Add to that he not horrible but iffy defensive LFer..

So, I dont know.. if he can bring in a solid piece that can be an impact to winning ..
Id be ok with moving him..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went and looked up Schwarber stats from last year, in all honesty it not totally impressive.
BUT

232 AB .246
.143 VS. LHers

After his hot start
.340ish in first 65 AB

Aug. 85 AB .221
Sept. 72 AB .208

So, I dont know.. if he can bring in a solid piece that can be an impact to winning ..

He had over a .900 OPS against righties in less than a year of being a professional ball player. Dont get weird.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Also, I think this is a lot of bullshit because of this.

The only problem? Chicago loves Schwarber too much to even consider it, per Joel Sherman of the New York Post:

I checked to see if they would do a Miller-for-Kyle Schwarber deal. They wouldn't. Their love for Schwarber is just too great. They reasoned that the Mets wouldn't trade Michael Conforto (from the top of the same draft class as Schwarber) for Miller, and they think Schwarber is a better hitter.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2016/06/yankees_andrew_miller_trade_cubs_kyle_schwarber.html

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He had over a .900 OPS against righties in less than a year of being a professional ball player. Dont get weird.
It was .953 , which the bulk of that came from killing it in his first 65 AB.

In Aug. and Sept. when he struggled his OPS was around .800 hitting mostly against RHers

Nobody getting weird..
Just what it is

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was .953 , which the bulk of that came from killing it in his first 65 AB.

In Aug. and Sept. when he struggled his OPS was around .800 hitting mostly against RHers

Nobody getting weird..
Just what it is

So, he crushed righties with less than a year of professional ball. Got it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
So, he crushed righties with less than a year of professional ball. Got it.
Ok ?
If hitting .221 and .208 in Aug. and Sept is crushing it for you...

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok ?
If hitting .221 and .208 in Aug. and Sept is crushing it for you...

He's 23 years old with a grand total of 236 AB's. He hit 5 post season HR's and other than Soler was the only guy in the Cubs lineup that the Met pitching staff had to account for. Oh, yeah....time to trade him.

:obama:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He's 23 years old with a grand total of 236 AB's. He hit 5 post season HR's and other than Soler was the only guy in the Cubs lineup that the Met pitching staff had to account for. Oh, yeah....time to trade him.

:obama:
Check again, that not what was said...

but thanks for your response

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
BUT

232 AB .246
.143 VS. LHers

After his hot start
.340ish in first 65 AB

Aug. 85 AB .221
Sept. 72 AB .208

Agreed, make the move Theo. Cubs wouldn't lose another game and everybody would be happy.

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Am I the only one that would rather have betances? Hell give me betances and Miller and I'd give up schwarber. I don't want Chapman as a rental though.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Am I the only one that would rather have betances? Hell give me betances and Miller and I'd give up schwarber. I don't want Chapman as a rental though.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yeah, cause the Yankees would trade both for Schwarber. Where is the dislike button?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Cubs wont trade Schwarber. Yanks can take that idea and shove it. If they went the Vogelbach and a arm or 2 then I would bet Theo would start to talk. But asking for Kyle would end the conversation with a chuckle.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
BUT

232 AB .246
.143 VS. LHers

After his hot start
.340ish in first 65 AB

Aug. 85 AB .221
Sept. 72 AB .208

Rizzo sucked worse his first taste..... ya that meant much.