Yankees want Schwarber for Andrew Miller?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Cubs wont trade Schwarber. Yanks can take that idea and shove it. If they went the Vogelbach and a arm or 2 then I would bet Theo would start to talk. But asking for Kyle would end the conversation with a chuckle.
The Yankees have a ist baseman of the future (bird) why would they wanted Vogelbach?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Rizzo sucked worse his first taste..... ya that meant much.
True but Rizzo wasn't coming off knee surgery and playing a position he was not very good at to begin with..

Look I never said I hope they trade him or even want to trade him..
Just saying if they do trade him , I won't be totally upset about it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
True but Rizzo wasn't coming off knee surgery and playing a position he was not very good at to begin with..

Look I never said I hope they trade him or even want to trade him..
Just saying if they do trade him , I won't be totally upset about it

First of all Theo would not trade him. It would be a shitty thing to do to a guy on the mend. So let's get past the greed issue and look at it from a human stand point. Theo has never shown that he would just act that way. Even with Castro.

2nd: Kyle is damaged goods right now. Not many teams deal in those conditions. So it all sounds pipedreamish

TC in Mississippi

CCS Staff
Liked Posts:
First of all Theo would not trade him. It would be a shitty thing to do to a guy on the mend. So let's get past the greed issue and look at it from a human stand point. Theo has never shown that he would just act that way. Even with Castro.

2nd: Kyle is damaged goods right now. Not many teams deal in those conditions. So it all sounds pipedreamish

Player that are injured aren't dealt often but it does happen. Jake Peavy to the White Sox comes to mind. I can absolutely believe that the Yankees are asking for Schwarber. They have an asset teams covet and if you could possible get a potential top 10 left handed bat, even if they don't get him until next year, you mkae that deal. Even if Schwarber turned out to be a bust it wouldn't be that horrible to their long term plans and of course he's unlikely to bust. It's the Cubs end where it gets silly. They just don't make that deal for about 17 different reasons.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

He actually just mentioned it yesterday that he was not trading him and Schwarber will be a cub next season. .

So, I know he going no where. ..
I was just saying if it did happen, I wouldn't be totally upset if the return was good

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Player that are injured aren't dealt often but it does happen. Jake Peavy to the White Sox comes to mind. I can absolutely believe that the Yankees are asking for Schwarber. They have an asset teams covet and if you could possible get a potential top 10 left handed bat, even if they don't get him until next year, you mkae that deal. Even if Schwarber turned out to be a bust it wouldn't be that horrible to their long term plans and of course he's unlikely to bust. It's the Cubs end where it gets silly. They just don't make that deal for about 17 different reasons.

The biggest is Theo and Joe care about their players and I don't think it sends the right message out. Not to mention from a PR perspective it doesn't looks good to ass can a fan fav while on the mend for a short term fix.

It goes against the whole not giving up the future for right now.

Vogelbach makes sense from the Cubs side. He has no future here. You can add in Pierce Johnson and most of the near ready arms. They are most likely not going to get a opertunity to crack the staff. The team is in winning mode and tossing a unproven arm into a starting role is giving up wins. That is why they went with Warren to AAA. Proven talent.

And yes the Yanks have Bird..... So? They are a AL team with a DH. Your point?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
He actually just mentioned it yesterday that he was not trading him and Schwarber will be a cub next season. .

So, I know he going no where. ..
I was just saying if it did happen, I wouldn't be totally upset if the return was good

In theory if you trade a major league starter you get equal value in return. A relief pitcher no matter how good is not equal to a every day player

Reactions: ZAN

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So...the Yankees will obviously start at the top. Make there offer, then talk to other teams. Using their leverage to frustrate us.

What if the pot gets sweeter eventually, and the question is

Miller AND Chapman for Schwarber.

I would still try to turn it into Soler for Miller AND Chapman and given salaries and potential....the position the Yankees are in to get better is to find young bats with upside who can be franchise players. We have two of those.

I'd hold them to that, and for my money I don't know who can offer more than that really. Soler to me is untouchable, I would never trade that guy, or Schwarber. My answer is no on both but I would sleep on it as GM for sure, and with this team in championship mode I can't promise I wouldn't pull the trigger, I'd probably have to talk myself into picking one of them for the future and letting the other go for that.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So...the Yankees will obviously start at the top. Make there offer, then talk to other teams. Using their leverage to frustrate us.

What if the pot gets sweeter eventually, and the question is

Miller AND Chapman for Schwarber.

I would still try to turn it into Soler for Miller AND Chapman and given salaries and potential....the position the Yankees are in to get better is to find young bats with upside who can be franchise players. We have two of those.

I'd hold them to that, and for my money I don't know who can offer more than that really. Soler to me is untouchable, I would never trade that guy, or Schwarber. My answer is no on both but I would sleep on it as GM for sure, and with this team in championship mode I can't promise I wouldn't pull the trigger, I'd probably have to talk myself into picking one of them for the future and letting the other go for that.

No on Schwarber.

Soler: this year has proven that depth trumps all with all of the injuries. Normally I would say trade but as far as this year has gone they can't afford to weaken the roster.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
The Yankees would never trade Miller for Soler. They want a good player

chibears55

Liked Posts:
In theory if you trade a major league starter you get equal value in return. A relief pitcher no matter how good is not equal to a every day player
I had already said I wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for a reliever. ..

The Bandit

vick27m
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, cause the Yankees would trade both for Schwarber. Where is the dislike button?
I mean if they want him I want betances coming back regardless.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I mean if they want him I want betances coming back regardless.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Dont think they match up. Cubs are looking at a high leverage lefty more than another righty.

I had already said I wouldn't trade Schwarber straight up for a reliever. ..

The fact that you are even going here is the problem. I see it as you are not a fan of his. You are looking at his flaws and justifying the need to off him. That is the real issue here. You are selling off a potential top 10 bat due to what ever reason.

The Cubs do not have this huge need going on to justify it. Next year they can retain the same rotation while more of the pitching in the pipe is developing. That is why I thought renting Chapman would be fine. He should not cost the future and can be gone.

pseudonym

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber may have a hard time finding a spot on the field next year. What is he going to play? LF? C?

What about:

Schwarber + Soler
for
Miller + Chapman

I think Schwarber maybe be a DH at some point. I'd hate to lose him though.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Schwarber may have a hard time finding a spot on the field next year. What is he going to play? LF? C?

What about:

Schwarber + Soler
for
Miller + Chapman

I think Schwarber maybe be a DH at some point. I'd hate to lose him though.

No, fuck no, fucking fuck no

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Heyward CF
Schwarber LF
Bryant RF
Contreras C