What the hell is the Bulls plan?

AussieBear

I think the issue was not going into the new season with a toxic locker room. It had to be aired out to give Hoiberg a chance. He needed a PG who would try to work with him. The team needed a leader who wasn't constantly preserving themself from effort, games, and practice.

We got alot if you go by his 81/85 PG ranking. I doubt you could get Calderon for the 80th guy, or the 82nd.

im going by what the knicks went by... so rose drops 30 (51 in a back to back vs ny) on us in march and da bulls see him as expendable... they want what??? jose, lopez and grant.... btw theyll throw in a second and holiday... knicks would be dumb not to say yes...

also, lets look at his post allstar numbers per 48 compared to his mvp year.. is he on his way back?????

Post all star break...... 31.0 pts...7.9 ast.....5.4r.....4.4 to....524 fg%........483 3pt%
Da D Rose MVP Year....32.1 pts.....9.9 ast....5.2r...4.4to....445 fg%..........332 3pt%

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
I think the issue was not going into the new season with a toxic locker room. It had to be aired out to give Hoiberg a chance. He needed a PG who would try to work with him. The team needed a leader who wasn't constantly preserving themself from effort, games, and practice.

We got alot if you go by his 81/85 PG ranking. I doubt you could get Calderon for the 80th guy, or the 82nd.

This is exactly what happened. I think butler will be gone soon too. Garpx is betting on the coach being what matters most.

Ikesouth

Liked Posts:
Don't worry. Rose sucks. Even if he puts up big numbers he is not a winner.

RoseMVP1

Liked Posts:
This is exactly what happened. I think butler will be gone soon too. Garpx is betting on the coach being what matters most.

Well that's a horrible bet because we have an awful coach.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

Well that'd be really fucking stupid in the most supserstar-driven league.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:

If Gar wanted to bet on a coach...he should have bet on this guy.

050215_thibs.jpg

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
People need to consider that the title has been won by the Spurs, Heat, Warriors and Cavs of late so there are 25 teams who don't have the answer either. Some like the Clippers have never had it. Go back to Jerry Krause not wanting to end up like the Celtics of the early 90's who were mediocre and just making the playoffs and missing the lottery. They won the one title by importing a roster for a short run and they still haven't built a consistent winner. Too many around here have these completely unrealistic expectations that aren't followed by any professional organization and they find fault with the Bulls because they aren't choosing that strange approach.

Think back to before that draft and what type of player you wanted the Bulls to take. I tried time after time to make the case for who I thought they would or wouldn't consider. And was I right? Did they not pick a 4 year player from a winning program who some claim can play 3 positions to give them flexibility? You can't prove that they were right or wrong because they did or didn't pick your guy. I think overall they have learned not to get an Eddie Robinson just to spend the money. They understand that getting stuck with a Larry Hughes or Drew Gooden isn't worth making a deal just to make a deal. But if you want to predict and understand what they are going to do you have to learn how the organization functions over time.

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
If Gar wanted to bet on a coach...he should have bet on this guy.

050215_thibs.jpg

Thibs had his faults and wasn't able to get the Bulls over the hump even when healthy, so I'm not totally about the lovefest for him even in the midst of this crappy season. That said, nothing I've seen from Hoiberg makes me think he's a championship coach. And this roster sure isn't about to do him any favors. If nothing else, I bet Thibs could at least milk a 7th seed out of this train wreck of a roster the Bulls are about to trot out there next year (though it's not like that would do a ton of good). If GarPax decided that they want to bet on Hoiberg and his system instead of stars, this is gonna be uglier than anything that ever happened in the Thibs area. Though maybe that's not the worst thing that could happen...maybe it'll finally encourage people to nuke this operation and get us some fresh blood in there running things.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Thibs had his faults and wasn't able to get the Bulls over the hump even when healthy, so I'm not totally about the lovefest for him even in the midst of this crappy season. That said, nothing I've seen from Hoiberg makes me think he's a championship coach. And this roster sure isn't about to do him any favors. If nothing else, I bet Thibs could at least milk a 7th seed out of this train wreck of a roster the Bulls are about to trot out there next year (though it's not like that would do a ton of good). If GarPax decided that they want to bet on Hoiberg and his system instead of stars, this is gonna be uglier than anything that ever happened in the Thibs area. Though maybe that's not the worst thing that could happen...maybe it'll finally encourage people to nuke this operation and get us some fresh blood in there running things.

The Bulls were never healthy in the play-offs and they never gave Thibs what was needed over his tenure. They needed a shooting guard and when Rose got hurt they needed to bring in a legit point guard. In addition, they depleted what once was an excellent bench.

Next season is going to be about as ugly as we have seen for a long time. This team finished only two games above .500 and next season the team is going to be much worse. Right now, I see them at about 35 and 47. The bigs are gone and the guards very thin in ability. But, hey, we gave the guy from Iowa a big contract to coach eh?

talkingdinosaurs

Liked Posts:
The Bulls were never healthy in the play-offs and they never gave Thibs what was needed over his tenure. They needed a shooting guard and when Rose got hurt they needed to bring in a legit point guard. In addition, they depleted what once was an excellent bench.

Next season is going to be about as ugly as we have seen for a long time. This team finished only two games above .500 and next season the team is going to be much worse. Right now, I see them at about 35 and 47. The bigs are gone and the guards very thin in ability. But, hey, we gave the guy from Iowa a big contract to coach eh?

2011? They were healthy. 2015? They were healthy as far as I knew, and they really should've beaten that Cavs team. Credit of course to him for handling those Rose-less years and getting every drop of production he could out of groups lacking talent. I'll always give him that. And yeah, they needed a real shooting guard in 2011, which is on the front office. So obvs it's not all on him. But we also saw the outsized meaning he put on every single game, playing guys like Deng and Butler stupidly high minutes and also keeping starters in in blowouts. He was too stubborn to adapt, and I think that hurt him. It wasn't all on him, and I'd still take him over Fred, but he had opportunities to get healthy teams to the Finals (he even had a significant health advantage over Cavs in 2015) and failed. And with the aging core he had, that was as far as he was going to take them.

All that said, next year is going to be rough. Fred's gomna be in trouble next year, I think.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Quote Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post

Yep. That hot bed of basketball, Iowa, will save the Bulls. Great thinking on the part of Paxson and Forman which is why Reinny is paying them the big bucks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

They didn't want a toxic locker room, wanted a leader.....and signed Rajon Fucking Rondo?

Not sure I agree with that plan.

The Bringer

Beast Pro Legend
Liked Posts:
Jimmy Butler is the Leader and with Noah, Paul and Rose gone he won't have to worry about hurting their feelings when he needs to say something or about someone and their lazy ass shit play.
They didn't want a toxic locker room, wanted a leader.....and signed Rajon Fucking Rondo?

Not sure I agree with that plan.

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Their plan now is to be just good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough to get good draft position.

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
their plan now is to be just good enough to make the playoffs, but not bad enough t get good draft position.
makes profits though! :(

Naptastic

Liked Posts:
Shouldn't be surprising, Reinsdorf refuses to rebuild the Sox.