Luck signs 5 year extension. $75m over first three years.

fenderpfunk

Liked Posts:
Bad move - if you're going to sign a turnover prone QB to a big deal you better make sure he has perfect hair like Sugar Monster. #fuckluck #$ugarMonster6 #$ugarEmpire #AndrewCuck

mecha

Liked Posts:
so Andrew Luck is the greatest QB prospect ever, but has failed to get the Colts to the Super Bowl, so he's a turnover-prone piece of garbage (every one of these points have been noted in multiple threads, and I don't go dumpster diving in old threads, so fuck you in advance) yet he does the same exact things that people condemn Jay Cutler for (and boy have they for the last 7 years) but he's a stud and totally worth every cent owed to him.

did I cover all the bases?

EDIT: before your vaginas get tangled in knots, I'm applying a heavy amount of snark here just to get everyone's blood pressure up

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
so Andrew Luck is the greatest QB prospect ever, but has failed to get the Colts to the Super Bowl, so he's a turnover-prone piece of garbage (every one of these points have been noted in multiple threads, and I don't go dumpster diving in old threads, so fuck you in advance) yet he does the same exact things that people condemn Jay Cutler for (and boy have they for the last 7 years) but he's a stud and totally worth every cent owed to him.

EDIT: before your vaginas get tangled in knots, I'm applying a heavy amount of snark here just to get everyone's blood pressure up

oh shit...

Burrberry

Liked Posts:

QBR is good... for a 1990s QB

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/L/LuckAn00.htm

JesusHalasChrist

N.eg it from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
Donator
Liked Posts:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/06/29/the-full-andrew-luck-contract/

1. Signing bonus of $32 million, with $18 million paid in the next 10 days and the remaining $14 million paid on March 31, 2017;

2. Base salary of $12 million in 2016, fully guaranteed at signing;

3. $3 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2017 league year and paid on March 20, 2017, which is guaranteed for skill and injury, and conditionally guaranteed for salary cap (but as a practical matter fully guaranteed);

4. $3 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2017 league year and paid on September 18, 2017, which is guaranteed for injury only at signing;

5. $7 million base salary for 2017, guaranteed for injury only at signing and fully guaranteed as of the fifth day of the 2017 league year;

6. $3 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2018 league year and paid on March 20, 2018, which is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed as of the fifth day of the 2017 league year;

7. $3 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2018 league year and paid on September 18, 2018, which is guaranteed for injury only at signing;

8. $12 million base salary for 2018, which is guaranteed for injury only at signing but which becomes fully guaranteed on the fifth day of the 2018 league year;

9. $6 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2019 league year and paid on March 18, 2019, which is guaranteed for injury at signing and fully guaranteed as of the fifth day of the 2018 league year;

10. $6 million roster bonus earned on the fifth day of the 2019 league year and paid on September 17, 2019, which is guaranteed for injury at signing;

11. $9.125 million base salary for 2019, non-guaranteed;

12. $11 million roster bonus due on the third day of the 2020 league year, with half paid on September 15, 2020 and the other half paid on December 15, 2020;

13. $11 million base salary for 2020, non-guaranteed;

14. $10 million roster bonus due on the fifth day of the 2021 league year, with half paid on September 14, 2021 and the other half paid on December 14, 2020; and

15. $11 million base salary for 2021, non-guaranteed.

The cap numbers are: (1) $18.4 million in 2016; (2) $19.4 million in 2017; (3) $24.4 million in 2018; (4) $27.525 million in 2019; (5) $28.4 million in 2020; and (6) $21 million in 2021.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's similar to the Stafford contract. They are betting on the high side of his development and he's a year removed from a tremendous season.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You are right... But if i were a colts fan i would be uneasy. He is a very good young player but the turnovers are excessive.

With that commitment in time and cap room, i would be a very upset colts fan if he disnt keep the good production and trim the bad.

Aside from last season his INT rate wasn't really all that bad. Its been (basically) right on the league average for two seasons. nearly 20% better than the league average two years ago..Last year was really poor.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I am sorry when did Jay Cutler lead his team to the AFC Championship game? Luck is a stud.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
More so the turnovers and an all around bad year when he did play. I am going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say it was a fluky year but I would still be nervous if I was a Colts fan.

Last year was a pretty big anomaly for Luck turnover wise compared to his three previous years.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
If I was a Colts fan, I would be more nervous if the Colts hadn't signed Luck, but I'm sure I am in the vast, vast minority with that thought.

They absolutely had to sign him to a long term deal. There is too much upside and he earned it from his play in his first 3 years. Everyone knew this was coming.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Last year was a pretty big anomaly for Luck turnover wise compared to his three previous years.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think the chances are really small that he regresses and or can't stay healthy. It's just one of those things where if he actually did, wow that would suck. But they absolutely had to do it, the payoff of having him play at his capable level is enormous. With Brady and Big Ben getting older, their SB window should be for a long time.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been in the league for 4 years. Made the playoffs 3 times. Had a shoulder injury to start the year and probably never fully recovered from it, hence the turnovers, then gets a lacerated spleen. Umm, I think the odds are he is going to rebound just fine.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh, I am sorry when did Jay Cutler lead his team to the AFC Championship game? Luck is a stud.

Jay plays in the NFC so it may be a bit difficult for him to get the Bears to the AFC championship.....

He did get the Bears to the NFC championship though....

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are almost any team in the NFL you pay Luck that money....that is what QBs are getting paid with his talent. And it is only going up.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jay plays in the NFC so it may be a bit difficult for him to get the Bears to the AFC championship.....

He did get the Bears to the NFC championship though....

He played in the AFC. But, I do apologize. I forgot about the knee injury championship game. So, congrats on one playoffs appearance in his career