Luck signs 5 year extension. $75m over first three years.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
Been in the league for 4 years. Made the playoffs 3 times. Had a shoulder injury to start the year and probably never fully recovered from it, hence the turnovers, then gets a lacerated spleen. Umm, I think the odds are he is going to rebound just fine.

Wish our Division had the Texans, Titans and Jaguars in it.

Last edited:

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
One area where Cutler has Luck beat is his hair. Best head of hair in the NFL since Polamalu retired.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played in the AFC. But, I do apologize. I forgot about the knee injury championship game. So, congrats on one playoffs appearance in his career

Not trying to make a case....just pointing it out.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yea, the Vikings and Lions have been studs for years.

Without me doing any reasearch; the Vikes, Packers and Lions have had much more success than the Titans, Jags and Texans. Certainly, I would guess from a win loss perspective.

now if anyone is asking would I rather have Luck or Cutler; that answer should be obvious to anyone.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Yea, the Vikings and Lions have been studs for years.

I remember back when Jacksonville was good in the mid to late 00s. They would piss the fuck out of me because they were impossible to pick in the weekly pool. One week they would upset Manning in the RCA Dome and the next week lose to a team like the Browns.

Burrberry

Liked Posts:
Predictable. The Colts were 2-14 before they got him and 11-5 over the next 3 years. That alone is gonna put any QB in the top bracket.

Under those circumstances you gotta sign Luck. For their sake I hope it works out for them because he makes more guaranteed money than the entire value of Russell Wilson's contract.

Not a fan of the overall contract figure. Outside of one season in 4, where he still was throwing interceptions at a rate -per-attempt of nearly double what the rest of the Top 7 were - outside of Peyton, a statistic that is equal to his career average in that department, what exactly has Luck produced to merit being held in the same company of Brady, Rodgers, Ben, and even fading Peyton and Brees, much less to supplant one of them... or Romo... or Rivers... or even arguably Carson Palmer at that point? Heck, if we're taking just the 2014 season under the microscope in terms of bulk production and efficiency - what exactly did Luck show that put him head and shoulders above Cam Newton for that money?

Predictable, but he has to make a huge step in his game for that value. I think they'll be happy if he can just keep winning though

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Without me doing any reasearch; the Vikes, Packers and Lions have had much more success than the Titans, Jags and Texans. Certainly, I would guess from a win loss perspective.

now if anyone is asking would I rather have Luck or Cutler; that answer should be obvious to anyone.

Probably correct, but the Texans have been a tough team. Also, the Bears have only had really one season where they went 10-6 that would be comparable to me. Another thing, these Colts team Luck has had havent been the most talented either.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Predictable. The Colts were 2-14 before they got him and 11-5 over the next 3 years. That alone is gonna put any QB in the top bracket.

Under those circumstances you gotta sign Luck. For their sake I hope it works out for them because he makes more guaranteed money than the entire value of Russell Wilson's contract.

Not a fan of the overall contract figure. Outside of one season in 4, where he still was throwing interceptions at a rate -per-attempt of nearly double what the rest of the Top 7 were - outside of Peyton, a statistic that is equal to his career average in that department, what exactly has Luck produced to merit being held in the same company of Brady, Rodgers, Ben, and even fading Peyton and Brees, much less to supplant one of them... or Romo... or Rivers... or even arguably Carson Palmer at that point? Heck, if we're taking just the 2014 season under the microscope in terms of bulk production and efficiency - what exactly did Luck show that put him head and shoulders above Cam Newton?

Winning

da_bears6

Liked Posts:

Titans/Jags have been irrelevant for years.

The Lions/Vikings have more playoff births than the Jags/Titans/Texans combined.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Since Luck has been in the league:

The combined record of Jaguars, Titans, Texans: 62-128
The combined record of Packers, Vikings, Lions: 103-87-2

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Titans/Jags have been irrelevant for years.

The Lions/Vikings have more playoff births than the Jags/Titans/Texans combined.

The whole Luck only getting into the playoffs because of a weak division might be an excuse if he was bombing out of the playoffs every year. He's won the last two times he's been in the playoffs and was in the AFCCG two seasons ago.

He's beaten plenty of quality teams in the NFL since coming in as a rookie.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Since Luck has been in the league:

The combined record of Jaguars, Titans, Texans: 62-128
The combined record of Packers, Vikings, Lions: 103-87-2

That is quite a difference.....

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you are almost any team in the NFL you pay Luck that money....that is what QBs are getting paid with his talent. And it is only going up.

I'll take it a step further and say EVERY single team in the league pays Luck that money. Best young QB in the league by a mile. I'd take Luck over any QB in the league right now due to his age (so over Brady/Brees/Rodgers etc...) and his production ( so over Carr, Bortles, Dalton etc...). He's a super bowl caliber QB the question is can the colts provide with a SB caliber team.

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

da_bears6

Liked Posts:
The whole Luck only getting into the playoffs because of a weak division might be an excuse if he was bombing out of the playoffs every year. He's won the last two times he's been in the playoffs and was in the AFCCG two seasons ago.

Not disagreeing with that at all.

The NFCN as a whole though has been much tougher than the AFCS recently.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I'm still not sold on him. In the regular season he averages 1.0 interceptions and 0.58 fumbles per game but he certainly has thrown a lot of TD's. In the playoffs he has 9 TD's and 12 interceptions in 6 games.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm still not sold on him. In the regular season he averages 1.0 interceptions and 0.58 fumbles per game but he certainly has thrown a lot of TD's. In the playoffs he has 9 TD's and 12 interceptions in 6 games.

Prior to last year his INT rate wasn't really an issue.

Yeah he hasn't been transcendent in the playoffs but he's still won games and performed well at times. I'm pretty sold on Luck but he has some improvements to make. A reliable running game would go a long way for him though.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Prior to last year his INT rate wasn't really an issue.

Yeah he hasn't been transcendent in the playoffs but he's still won games and performed well at times. I'm pretty sold on Luck but he has some improvements to make. A reliable running game would go a long way for him though.

He has performed well at times, no doubt. But his passer rating is lower than Jay Cutler's and we know how much Jay Cutler is loved and respected around here. I guess if you throw out the rookie season and last year when he was terrible, he's done pretty well for a young qb.