OT: NHL goes crazy on June 29 - Subban, Weber, Hall all traded

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
QFT.

And it's the most infuriating part of hockey. Let these guys be human beings, for fuck's sake.

Yeah and it's interesting, I saw or read an article somewhere that he's given boatloads of money to the community. I think he donated a whole children's wing to a hospital or something?

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
They went from the best team in hockey to a total shit show in the span of 1/2 a season. lol.

I never understood why Suppan wasn't part of the franchise core. Good luck to them....but at this point I just feel bad for Canadien Hockey. What the hell are they doing?
If anything it shows how much they rely on Price. There's little-to-no skater depth or cohesion.

Still, I think the big issue with this is that they felt Subban was the problem, and not the coach.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah and it's interesting, I saw or read an article somewhere that he's given boatloads of money to the community. I think he donated a whole children's wing to a hospital or something?

Donated $10 million.

pk-Subban.jpg

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
If anything it shows how much they rely on Price. There's little-to-no skater depth or cohesion.

Still, I think the big issue with this is that they felt Subban was the problem, and not the coach.

Montreal siding with its coach instead of its star player? When has that ever backfired on them?

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/pk-subban-childrens-hospital-donation-1.3659413

Above is an article that popped up this morning. Subban has pledged $10mil over 7 years and is approximately 10% of the way there towards completing that pledge. He definitely did a lot for that Hospital and always good to hear an athlete use their influence for something that truly matters.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Montreal siding with its coach instead of its star player? When has that ever backfired on them?
Maybe a repeat deal will reverse the Canadian teams curse

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Maybe a repeat deal will reverse the Canadian teams curse

At this rate the whole damn country is going to miss the playoffs again. Edmonton traded one of the league's best LWs to sign a decent but far-from-elite talent. Montreal traded its best player. Toronto lost out on the Stamkos sweepstakes. Calgary threw an awful lot of money at Troy Brouwer. Ottawa and Vancouver still don't appear to be much improved from last year. They better move an American team up to Quebec ASAP or they're going to lose their minds up there.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
At this rate the whole damn country is going to miss the playoffs again. Edmonton traded one of the league's best LWs to sign a decent but far-from-elite talent. Montreal traded its best player. Toronto lost out on the Stamkos sweepstakes. Calgary threw an awful lot of money at Troy Brouwer. Ottawa and Vancouver still don't appear to be much improved from last year. They better move an American team up to Quebec ASAP or they're going to lose their minds up there.

If the 'hawks were any indication, they need to change everything from the top on down to get a winner and change the culture--which may only be possible with the death of the owner.

Another whitewash of Canadian teams from the playoffs might mean a riot takes care of that--not that I'm hoping for the senseless slaughter of the gutterslime that holds back NHL franchises for cash & prizes.