Offseason

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If McNeil doesn't make it this year seems like he never will.

That was LAST YEAR.

lol.

He was MVP or something for the Ice HOgs wasn't he? With the depletion of this roster looks like he will get a long look by default. I think Bowman got cocky and really out thunk himself the last two years...what we have lost in terms of roster depth and what we have to show for it in just 15 months is actually quite sickening.

What it means is probably McNeil or Rasmusen are centering a line of players even less experienced then themselves.

Physically, I think they both can handle the brutality of NHL which is good. They just need better hands and speed.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That was LAST YEAR.

lol.

He was MVP or something for the Ice HOgs wasn't he? With the depletion of this roster looks like he will get a long look by default. I think Bowman got cocky and really out thunk himself the last two years...what we have lost in terms of roster depth and what we have to show for it in just 15 months is actually quite sickening.

What it means is probably McNeil or Rasmusen are centering a line of players even less experienced then themselves.

Physically, I think they both can handle the brutality of NHL which is good. They just need better hands and speed.

Maybe he needed another year:(

I Haven't got to see hardly any of McNiel in action, I remember when he was drafted I'm pretty sure it was Pierre M. that said he was NHL ready.:shrug:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
It was not that to almost anyone for McNeil but I don't think he's waiver exempt anymore and he signed an intentionally cheap 600k range so he won't hurt to be on the NHL club capswise.

McNeil sadly stopped physically maturing already by his draft. So he never began the strong center nor power forward they wished he was. He still plays a 2way good enough with size style. But he'd fit the club if he crashed the net more

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'd bet McNeil gets a long look on the 3rd/4th line to start the season. Can't be any worse than Mash can he?

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
WEll, Hossa escaped a big injury at the worlds, but it seems Kruegers injury might be more pressing. Not worried as much about Krueger with Schmaltz probably making the roster, but hopefully they let some youth play.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe he needed another year:(

I Haven't got to see hardly any of McNiel in action, I remember when he was drafted I'm pretty sure it was Pierre M. that said he was NHL ready.:shrug:

you didn't see much of him because he was hot as hell at rockford, scored 3 goals in 4 games or something and they called him up for his debut, and he looked like complete ass, slow as fuck, and lost.

yeah...maybe he needed another year. Maybe he needed to know he was reaching his "last chance." Whatever he has got, we will see this year.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Consistency the first few years and back in the WHL so I've never thought it was a bad thing they kept him in Rockford when he was playing well in times the last two years, they want him to grow from it. And last year it was good to see he was back and doing well while at center which he'd been moved from.

People always said they wanted the Hawks system to work like the red wings and develop some guys til they're 24/25 before they really become nhlers. Detroit still has some folks like that, pukkinen or tartar & nyquist developed a bit and seemingly Mantha is going that way. It's how Pittsburgh had 3 24 year old rookies last year with Sherry, Rust, and the other guy.

Most people felt McNeil would be traded for not getting called up but really all the guys they've traded at least got game showtime in the NHL except for Johns who if not getting hurt in the perfect time of years midseason and I'm Rockfords final playoff game he mighta played for the Hawks that postseason before TVR got healthy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
any word on Krugers worlds injury?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
We lost Shaw and Cherub Baby this off-season boys!! We kept none of the trade deadline talent we traded multiple firsts for the last two years boys!!

Our pipe dream is Motte-Schmaltz-Debricat being as good as Shaw-Danult-Saad

The hope lies in the defense/Crow improvment, and having unstoppable top tier talent. Its a combinaiton that is dangerous in the playoffs, but we can't 3 line dominate like we used to, and have a shut-down line.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
There's next year's first to add to the forward depth. And potentially trading either Tvr or Pokka at some point for forward improvement because both can't be protected from Vegas, even protecting 1 of them is sketchy especially if say Hartman has a great season, then he has to be a concern to be picked away... but maybe not as he would need a new deal. Tvr I'd cheap still in 17-18 and Pokkas next deal will likely be too.

Oh and it's Hartman and McNeil that are the hopeful Shaw replacements not any of 3 high skill guys.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's next year's first to add to the forward depth. And potentially trading either Tvr or Pokka at some point for forward improvement because both can't be protected from Vegas, even protecting 1 of them is sketchy especially if say Hartman has a great season, then he has to be a concern to be picked away... but maybe not as he would need a new deal. Tvr I'd cheap still in 17-18 and Pokkas next deal will likely be too.

Oh and it's Hartman and McNeil that are the hopeful Shaw replacements not any of 3 high skill guys.

On that line Depricat is the one who gets scrap goals in front of net with fast hands low to ice, like Johnson/Shaw/Kane hybrid

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
We lost Shaw and Cherub Baby this off-season boys!! We kept none of the trade deadline talent we traded multiple firsts for the last two years boys!!

Our pipe dream is Motte-Schmaltz-Debricat being as good as Shaw-Danult-Saad

The hope lies in the defense/Crow improvment, and having unstoppable top tier talent. Its a combinaiton that is dangerous in the playoffs, but we can't 3 line dominate like we used to, and have a shut-down line.
Maybe not, but I still that that any improvement from Crawford is going to be reserve-a-spot-in-Toronto type of situation given the fact that he's been really the only one doing much of anything in the stopping goals scored against us department over the past 2 years. Any further improvement is going to take him out of the Jonathan Quick pay bracket and into the Henrik Lundqvist pay bracket.

On the flipside, the big-named defensive skaters? Yeah, they all need to get their heads and assess wired together. Campbell can only do so much, and Kempny shows promise but we haven't seen him on NHL ice yet. If the O is going to be spearheaded by The Breadmaster and Buttery Pat once again this year, and everyone else being offensive also-rans, success is going to hinge on keeping the puck out of our net, and over the past 3 years Crawford has been top-3 at doing so. Improvement there is only going to come via shot suppression, and we know our defensive stalwarts can be much better than they've done.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think Bowman put Druin on the team just to get his filthy paws close to him?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
When he also choose to not have Gakechyuck after he was scouting him while scouting Weiss/fleschman. I know they said bowman tried to ask for him +the young dman for Saad but that ships sailed

I think Drouin asking out next season is over with after that postseason. But when his rfa is up maybe, but Chicago can't afford that nor could Tampa take cap back.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
You think Bowman put Druin on the team just to get his filthy paws close to him?

I think the window to pry Drouin away from Tampa has slammed shut, unfortunately.

I'd expect the Hawks to be actively shopping some of their younger d-men to fill the holes at forward. They've got a bit of a log jam behind 2-4-7-51.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think the window to pry Drouin away from Tampa has slammed shut, unfortunately.

I'd expect the Hawks to be actively shopping some of their younger d-men to fill the holes at forward. They've got a bit of a log jam behind 2-4-7-51.

It is implausible (albeit possible) that 51 is resigned after this year. I think that puts at least some of the D prospects in a possible robbing Peter to pay Paul position. I think the 'hawks have to look towards at least keeping 1--if not 2 of the D prospects moving forward. The rest are likely gristle for the machine.

The flipside as well is whether or not any of the FWD kids are going to stick. I don't think Stan is going to be actively looking to shop a prospect
D for a cheap, vet, Pisani-like FWD until training camp becomes a bit clearer. I think he'll want to know whether or not he has to unload a D-prospect for a vet forward that can come in and play 'cause no FWD rookie can, or if he needs to unload a D prospect for a FWD prospect to take the place of a FWD prospect that moved up.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Forsling next year will be hoped to replace Campbell's roster spot, they may have a more developed Gustafson as well if he's kept.

Gus could be traded, maybe he'll pull a #freemorin or pirri but he's still a protected rfa for the next year.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forsling next year will be hoped to replace Campbell's roster spot, they may have a more developed Gustafson as well if he's kept.

Gus could be traded, maybe he'll pull a #freemorin or pirri but he's still a protected rfa for the next year.
Possibly yes. But I don't the 'hawks trade away prospects for pipe dreams like they did last season. I think they figure one of Darling, Kruger, or Pokka is gone to Vegas, Campbell might not be resigned, so they have to keep someone that can do their jobs and put the thumbscrews to the core to start earning their paycheck, rather than blowing them on finding depth players to sparkplug guys who should be playing better.

Ergo, I think any prospect C, G, and D is going to get a good look and not be liquidated if they are exempt from expansion and can play decently at the NHL level--maybe more D if a core piece underperforms.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Possibly yes. But I don't the 'hawks trade away prospects for pipe dreams like they did last season. I think they figure one of Darling, Kruger, or Pokka is gone to Vegas, Campbell might not be resigned, so they have to keep someone that can do their jobs and put the thumbscrews to the core to start earning their paycheck, rather than blowing them on finding depth players to sparkplug guys who should be playing better.

Ergo, I think any prospect C, G, and D is going to get a good look and not be liquidated if they are exempt from expansion and can play decently at the NHL level--maybe more D if a core piece underperforms.

Reading a lot of bad things about the Pokka experience in the World Cup right now, which doesn't bode well for him, especially when juxtaposed with the good things I'm reading about Forsling and Kempny.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yeah, but I think neither Forsling nor Kempny are exposed to the Expansion Draft. I could be wrong, though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk