Offseason

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sense a Svedberg/Forsling package being made in typical stan package form to grease the wheels on the trades he needs to make to balance this roster. We don't seem to be planning for them, so with Pokka on the horizon, Kempny/Soup/Rozy the young guys are on notice.

I guess Gus/TVR/Pokka should be included in this fear, but I sense its the other two

we also have a valuable young Finnish player who played first line in winning world jrs, I cant remeber name yet

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I sense a Svedberg/Forsling package being made in typical stan package form to grease the wheels on the trades he needs to make to balance this roster. We don't seem to be planning for them, so with Pokka on the horizon, Kempny/Soup/Rozy the young guys are on notice.

I guess Gus/TVR/Pokka should be included in this fear, but I sense its the other two

we also have a valuable young Finnish player who played first line in winning world jrs, I cant remeber name yet

I doubt very much they just signed Forsling to trade him away.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
In a few minutes we will see just how much of a discount Soup took....

Speculation from Lebrun;

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun 7m7 minutes ago
As many have speculated, Brian Campbell has made his decision and it's going to be a return to Chicago. Likely a one-yr deal around $2M

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
TSN listing it as done already on UFA tracker. Must be official, although it is few minutes early.

Good job Stan.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1 year @ 2 million with possibility of bonuses being reported.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
1 year @ 2 million with possibility of bonuses being reported.

2M.... I can deal wit dat....

Now where is DMelt so I can rub his face in Soupy taking an obvious discount.... 7M -> 2M?

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Now where is DMelt so I can rub his face in Soupy taking an obvious discount.... 7M -> 2M?

As long as you don't call it a hometown discount...

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So add Campbell and hope that Kempny turns out to be a great find by Stan the Magnifico and the D is looking better as of the middle of the summer.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pass me my crow too.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:

7Mil? Who the hell was he getting 7mil from?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
7Mil? Who the hell was he getting 7mil from?

Wasn't he at 7M on his old contract?

EDTI:
Brian Campbell signed a 8 year / $57,143,000 contract with the Chicago Blackhawks, including an annual average salary of $7,142,875.

His salary was 7,142,875 thru the end of this past season.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
So add Campbell and hope that Kempny turns out to be a great find by Stan the Magnifico and the D is looking better as of the middle of the summer.

So you got Seabs, Keith, Hammer and Soupy.....then pick two from TVR, Kempny, Rozzy, Svedberg and Forsling. That's not bad. Certainly better than last year. More options than last year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So the plan is Forsling/Pokka don't come up until somebody dies...like Hammers leg falls off?

Where is bigfoot, ares...

I'll chill. they are 19, hope is on the way though.

Was it not in the cards for Gustafson to come back? Svedberg, TVR need to take steps, I think they both will which will be interesting.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So you got Seabs, Keith, Hammer and Soupy.....then pick two from TVR, Kempny, Rozzy, Svedberg and Forsling. That's not bad. Certainly better than last year.

It doesn't seem bad, but I don't see Soupy as a #4.... and no one else in that list is a definite #4 right now, plenty of bottom 2 D men.... someone needs to step into that 2nd D pairing and lock that spot down.

My hope is TVR or Kempny lock down that #4 spot next to Hammer.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That will definitely help getting him back:)

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So you got Seabs, Keith, Hammer and Soupy.....then pick two from TVR, Kempny, Rozzy, Svedberg and Forsling. That's not bad. Certainly better than last year. More options than last year.

Yeah...you forgot Gus. http://www.csnchicago.com/chicago-blackhawks/blackhawks-agree-two-year-deal-d-erik-gustafsson This wave is big and athletic. Gus/TVR/Svedberg can all improve for us and I think each of them will in their own way. That will be huge. Gus has offense but needs to learn to defend. Svedberg needs to get faster. TVR needs to play up to that 4 level, which may be easier in the 5/6 role, but his and Kempny's depth is there if injury. Nice.

I'm reading Ares now, and yeah...maybe all 3 rotate at 4 and we see who sticks, but come playoffs plan is 4 Soup. I'd eat that.

The next wave will be here when those contracts are moved expired.

Pokka/Forsling/ and Joni Tuulola is the finnish prospect I refer to sometimes, 20 years old, 6'2", 175 and growing. Needs to be 190-200 and able to skate, could add something. played first pairing on Championship Finnish World Jr's team. Also Carl Dahlstrom on 3 year contract,

Wing prospects I'm looking forward to their opportunities this year Hartman, Baun, Hinostroza the skater, Radke, Bondra (big Slovakian), Olofson (probably the year after), Hayden (big strong athletic Center), and Schmaltzi. Norrell and Gnott maybe the year after.

Basically, same old Hawks boys...we are loaded, deep, got youth coming out of our ears and will be able to make whatever trades we need to, though draft picks are getting thin. Stan just needs to calm down, trust his scouts and let this crop develop and fill into the squad.

I think we are going to be ok....I just got depressed for 3 months because I thought we had something but those damn wrestlers pretending to be a hockey team. Fucking A.

Very dissappointed not to see that group we had play agains the skill teams like San Jose, Penguins (because we would have eviscerated that fucking goalie and embarrassed his family for generations).

So...its what many of us have been saying!!! we weren't big enough or strong enough last year or deep enough on defense. We ran into that matchup that kept us from playing skill hockey. We need more balance which is why Shaw leaving sucks...but can be addition by subtraction. We don't need Shaw doing the scoring, we need guys that allow Kane/Toews to do less dirty work and do the scoring.

EDIT: When I look at that wing list...I do scratch my head a bit on the Mashinter...but lets remember how we lost last year. Those big guys need an extra 1-2 development years. Give him a chance to grow into something.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It doesn't seem bad, but I don't see Soupy as a #4.... and no one else in that list is a definite #4 right now, plenty of bottom 2 D men.... someone needs to step into that 2nd D pairing and lock that spot down.

My hope is TVR or Kempny lock down that #4 spot next to Hammer.

TVR flashed skills at times, and fucked up at times like a young player will. He is a fucking brilliant piece that is going to give us #4 minutes for sure this year at times, have his opportunities and worst case scenario is a guy that I think played his way into bringing us back a huge package of draft picks or a high pick, if he didn't earn his way into the core, which he might.