Offseason

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
A name I keep hearing as a possibility is Versteeg. Guy definitely gets around, especially when it comes to the Blackhawks. They view him as someone that can play anywhere in the top 9 and can add some scoring punch when he gets going. Definitely has some lapses in judgement though, even though his blueline turnovers have improved a bit.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
TRoz and MASH brought back on 1yr deals.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
They'll each play ~40 games in the regular season then likely watch the playoffs from the press box. Rozsival may be a serviceable 6th D-man again. Mashinter is pretty fucking pointless, but at least it's only $575k. If these two deals help the Hawks land Campbell, I'm all for it.

Agreed on both of these guys. Roz will be a fine #6/7 for the regular season and will provide some depth. Once again, Q seems to trust Roz to eat up some valuable minutes on the back end and that is all that matters sometimes for the #6/7 guy, especially at 600k. I don't get why Mashinter was re-signed. He actually played better than I expected at times last year, but maybe that is because I set the bar pretty low in my head. I don't think you get the overall depth that is needed to win a Stanley Cup when you have a guy like Mashinter.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
My only thought on Rosie/Mash is that Stan is giving Q enough rope to hang himself.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Hawks won a Cup with Brandon Bollig on the roster. Fuck, he even played in two games of the Cup Final. You can win a Cup with Mashinter on the roster. As long as his primary role is serving popcorn in the press box.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
My only thought on Rosie/Mash is that Stan is giving Q enough rope to hang himself.

Don't think that is the case. Roz will actually serve as an okay #6/7 guy. I get it that a lot of people don't like him, but let's start treating him like a #6/7 guy that he is.

With Mashinter, I'm hoping he is more of a 13th forward or that a prospect forces him out the door, on to Rockford (where his cap hit would be $0) or onto another team. Just another body to compete for a spot. Blackhawks bottom six definitely has to get better next year though.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Don't think that is the case. Roz will actually serve as an okay #6/7 guy. I get it that a lot of people don't like him, but let's start treating him like a #6/7 guy that he is.

With Mashinter, I'm hoping he is more of a 13th forward or that a prospect forces him out the door, on to Rockford (where his cap hit would be $0) or onto another team. Just another body to compete for a spot. Blackhawks bottom six definitely has to get better next year though.
If a rookie is better than him, the rookie should play. I have no problem with him as a #7 that fills in when a player goes down, but Q does have a tendency to ride players like him when he probably shouldn't.

That's why I said "enough rope to hang himself". If Q uses Rosival right, there's no issue. If Q tries to rely on him when there are better personnel, then Q will hang himself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Blackhawks will certainly go bargain hunting and it wouldn't surprised me if they try to snag a veteran on a 1 year deal who has something to prove. Staal, Stempniak, Vrbata, Vanek, or even Gagner come to mind. All of them certainly aren't a perfect fit but it will definitely be a numbers game on who they can sign to try and fill that remaining LW spot in the top 6.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The Hawks won a Cup with Brandon Bollig on the roster. Fuck, he even played in two games of the Cup Final. You can win a Cup with Mashinter on the roster. As long as his primary role is serving popcorn in the press box.

Absolutely, and of course for the money and the time they'll play this isn't a horrible thing other than the fact that we know they can both be equally horrible, butI can't shake the feeling that for the combined money they could have found a serviceable 6th d-man who can play all the games and at the very least be slightly less bad.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Russo, who covers the Wild, says that the Blackhawks are one of many teams that have reached out to Vanek.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Vanek produces points still and has pp skill and net skill but he's so slow. All his corsi stats are so terrible largely because of his speed

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Mash on the 4th/13th forward does not bother me at all. Don't understand signing Rosival unless its for depth.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Vanek produces points still and has pp skill and net skill but he's so slow. All his corsi stats are so terrible largely because of his speed

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

And I think team speed is a serious issue on this team heading into 2016-17. Hard pass.

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Our beloved 2015-2016 team that could not escape the 1st round, sadly, now looks like this:

Gone: Shaw, TT, Ladd
Additions: Soup, Kempny

i really hope we can snag Vanek on a cheap 1-year, I've never been a big fan of his play but the cap has rendered us into talent-beggars.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gotta sign Ladd and Soup to win a cup. Figure it out.

To do that we need some cheap minutes...so while my insides made the same sick scream at T-Roz...wtf we should know.

And I'd rather have Mashinter and Svedberg being the occassional muscle at 600K than what became of Bickell at 4M