Offseason

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Anyone who's ELC for NHL/AHL was signed starting last season or this season is exempt. Kempty and Forsling(whose might not even begin until next season anyway) are safe. Kempy's is this year and Gus is save from the draft too because Edmonton never signed him, his first ELC was last season with the Hawks. That's why Panarin is also protected thankfully.

Kempy was kinda bad vs Europe though in that last game, he was on the ice for all 3 goals against; although, he was moved into being basically their #1 defensemen playing the most and with Roman Polak.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Anyone who's ELC for NHL/AHL was signed starting last season or this season is exempt. Kempty and Forsling(whose might not even begin until next season anyway) are safe. Kempy's is this year and Gus is save from the draft too because Edmonton never signed him, his first ELC was last season with the Hawks. That's why Panarin is also protected thankfully.

Kempy was kinda bad vs Europe though in that last game, he was on the ice for all 3 goals against; although, he was moved into being basically their #1 defensemen playing the most and with Roman Polak.
Exactly...we have to figure that we're losing at least one guys who's at least capable in the expansion draft who isn't automatically protected: I think that is Kruger, Darling, and Pokka as the frontrunners in each position. You figure Campbell is likely gone as well. Ergo, 3 slots that have to be filled with competent players in 2018. 4, if Seabrook puts a repeat performance of last year.

Thus, I don't think there's a fire sale on prospect D just yet. Pokka and Kempny had different responsibilities at the WCoH than they will on the 'hawks, and at each of their levels, it's not like Keith was the stalwart we know him as when he was at their level of development. Add in Forsling as a prospect and we might be looking at out bottom-3.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I wouldn't be surprised one bit if Campbell strategically signed a 1 year deal knowing that if he signed a 2 year deal (especially on the cheap) that he would have been exposed to the expansion draft. He clearly wants to play in Chicago, and likely only Chicago, so he takes some risk by only signing a 1 year deal but he knows this is the only place he wants to play at this point in his career.

winos5

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Today is report day for training camp isn't it?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Training Camp is on, and Fortin finally has been signed after the 2 month tease. Though he'll likely be back in the CHL next year anyway

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
According to Bob McKenzie, the Blackhawks have had some interest in Yakupov and had some discussions a little while back with the Oilers in regards to that interest.

Regarding Yakupov to CHI trade rumors, my understanding as follows: CHI has had talks with EDM on Yak, could still have interest in him...

...but there is no imminent deal. CHI, at this moment, still looking at their kids to fill holes, but maybe that changes at some point.

EDM would obviously need to take back salary in a Yakupov deal with CHI and while Bowman-Chiarelli did talk Yak trade, nothing too recent.

All that said, depending on how things proceed for Hawks, Yakupov is player they have had interest in and may still have some interest.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The Yakupov rumors came from Twitter user @BarstoolChief.

Normally I'd be throwing all of my red flags at those reports, but another one of the Barstool guys broke a bunch of White Sox news before all the beat reporters this season, so those guys just may have some inside sources in the organizations now. Definitely worth keeping an eye on, though.

Plus having a bunch of other people confirm the initial report just adds to the credibility of it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Some hinting on hearing TVR maybe involved. Not a bad move is Forsling and Kempny may of surpassed him I'm deserving to play.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ever team needs a player named Nail.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Some hinting on hearing TVR maybe involved. Not a bad move is Forsling and Kempny may of surpassed him I'm deserving to play.

Why must I be Ladd? via da Tapatalk

I think I said it in another thread, but dealing TVR makes a lot of sense. Only question is when would you do it. I really think the Blackhawks would lose him come expansion draft this upcoming summer so maybe try and get ahead of that and get an asset that will benefit the Blackhawks now and maybe that they will be able to retain in the future.

Tater

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Every team needs a player named Nail. We'd have a Hammer and Nail.

Last edited:

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
The Yakupov rumors came from Twitter user @BarstoolChief.

Normally I'd be throwing all of my red flags at those reports, but another one of the Barstool guys broke a bunch of White Sox news before all the beat reporters this season, so those guys just may have some inside sources in the organizations now. Definitely worth keeping an eye on, though.

Plus having a bunch of other people confirm the initial report just adds to the credibility of it.

Seems I should have read this thread before creating another.